Do you subscribe to the sabermetrics philosophy of baseball?

Matt39

Why are you still trying to completely put words in my mouth to make me look bad then? You're the douchbag. I only IM'd you to tell you to leave me the hell alone.

go away stalker...how insane are you? I haven't said a single word to you and I'm "trying to make you look bad" get help mike.

go away stalker...how insane are you? I haven't said a single word to you and I'm "trying to make you look bad" get help mike.
LOL you say that I said that everything that happens in baseball is luck (something i never did) and when i call you out for lying you deny saying it. And I'M insane?

I think that argument only holds water when it's being discussed with somebody who believes that the majority of resluts in MLB are based on good and bad luck as opposed to just being a good or bad player/team. JMO of course.

I never said anything like this. Once again you prove to be a lair.

LOL you say that I said that everything that happens in baseball is luck (something i never did) and when i call you out for lying you deny saying it. And I'M insane?

stop stalking me. Nowhere in that post did I mention your name. I realize that to a degree you attribute a great deal of luck to the outcome of games. Moreso than any rational fan would. That does not mean there aren't fans out there who are even worse than you are.

All ground ball pitchers are worse on turf fields because the ball travels faster on turf giving it a better chance to get by the infielders. I don't know if it makes that huge difference or not though.

Not a huge difference.

In Wang's case, if as Madmike suggests, and you were to remove his turf games from his road outings, his ERA would still be 4.16, which is still a lot higher than his 2.75 home ERA. These are '07 stats.

So with Wang, it is not just the turf aspect alone. He lacks a K pitch, to get people out. I think Bugg has referred to it as pitching to contact. Wang does that a lot.

What the sabermetrics guys don't like to hear is talk about balancing a line-up with complimentary players, playing smart-ball, and establishing chemistry and roles.

Those are things that numbers can't be given to, are not quantifiable, but are real in terms of wins and losses.

They don't want to hear that.

But how do you explain a team like the Colorado Rockies? That is not about being lucky. That is about establish a team concept and playing winning ball.

Sabermetrics does not account for that. Players create stats, not stat geeks.

What the sabermetrics guys don't like to hear is talk about balancing a line-up with complimentary players, playing smart-ball, and establishing chemistry and roles.

Those are things that numbers can't be given to, are not quantifiable, but are real in terms of wins and losses.

They don't want to hear that.

But how do you explain a team like the Colorado Rockies? That is not about being lucky. That is about establish a team concept and playing winning ball.

Sabermetrics does not account for that. Players create stats, not stat geeks.

:cheers:

Archived