This was an absolute pathetic performance

shawn306

From top to bottom.

A very winnable game that slips away on a QB sneak that they had ran about 4 times during the game and then on 4 and 1 you throw a timing pattern ?

Are you F'n kidding me.

Now there is alot of blame to go around so lets pass it out.

1) Offense: It is time to give Clemens his chance. There I said it. My contention has always been give Chad a running game and lets see. Well Thomas Jones had a good game and yet where was he on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 ?

Jones was running great in the first half and not once did we see a play action fake and take a shot down the field. Not once !!!!

There was also the int in the 3rd qtr. Its great that you can isolate a guy one on one but sometimes the WR is covered. Exactly what happend there. Just because a guy is one on one does not mean you throw the ball to the guy if he is covered.

Chad's decision making the past couple of weeks has been brutal and it is now bringing the team down. Sit and let Clemens have a shot.

Now onto the Defense. Again some brutal tackling in the first half. There was not alot of blitzing in this game by the Jets who for whatever reason would rather just sit back rush four and give up chunks of yards on third down. The one of the few times they did blitz the came up big with Rhodes coming. Is he the only guy that can blitz ? Why the hell are they not sending Vilma ? Hobson ?

Buller

Bueller

Bueller.

The D did though man up in second half and at least resembled and NFL defense. Still though we are six games into the season and they are still probably one of the worst units in the NFL.

Which leads us to the coaching staff...

For all the praise that Mangini received last year this is a game where you should have his feet held to the fire. How the hell do you not on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 do you not give the ball to a guy who was averaging 4.5 a carry today ? This what I was talking about earlier. The Jets and this goes back to Herm would rather trick you then suck it up and impose your will on the Eagles D.

How about 4th and 1. Shotgun ? Mangini just said in PC that he liked the matchup of Coles against Sheldon Brown. Here is a newsflash for you COACH Sheldon Brown is a heck of a CB. Again the Jets offense is based on getting a guy one on one. Again though just like on the pick Coles was covered.

I have no idea what the direction of this team is right now. Mangini is on the hot seat. The players have to be questioning what the heck is going on right now.

You have a Cincinatti team coming up next week that can't stop anybody. If Clemens isn't in there next week then when ?

This team is in DIRE need of a spark. Clemens good or bad may right now be the only hope of salvaging a season that is RAPIDLY spinning out of control.

Jones was running great in the first half and not once did we see a play action fake and take a shot down the field. Not once !!!!

Or passes on first or second down. That is what a good running attack is supposed to do for you. Set up the pass. Football 101. Chad was bad as usual, but the Jets were completely outcoached today.

Or passes on first or second down. That is what a good running attack is supposed to do for you. Set up the pass. Football 101. Chad was bad as usual, but the Jets were completely outcoached today.

Like they were in every game this season, including the fins game.

Archived