One of the saddest moments for me

lancemehl

I really can't understand this spewing hatred for Chad, but, hey I felt te EXACT same way about Vinny, but Vinny sucked for Waaaaayyyyy longer and for multiple teams.VT had one good Jets year, Chad had a few and took us to more playoffs,oh well. Now if you hate BOTH, that I guess I could see. But Chad's so f***ing likable! lol

To me this is one of my saddest moments, up there with:

1. Dennis Byrd, of course.

2. What became of my once favorite Jet of all time, the likes of which we NEVER duplicated, Mark"convict"Gastineau. Say what you want, but NOONE got to the QB like he did!It would take our line 2 hours to get there like he did. (But,damm that documentary was sad)

3. Number three has to be the benching of Chad and knowing that he finished.

I'm with the Ecurbs and the Irish Jets on this:

I don't want KC to be great, I want 2002 Chad back, but he looks more and more like Vinny everyday.

OR IS THE Contract!????? It can't be a coincidence that every single OC since Namath has used the same BS playbook.

We all thought it was Joe Walton(a supposed offensive guy),we all thought it was Coslett(again,Offensive guy),Tuna came and was Tuna,he got rushed out quickly by men in Black suits,same with Bill B and they left us with Groh,and same playbook!and on and on. Then young Shotty comes in last year and mixes it up and shakes and stirs and we get Coles and Cotch to 1,000(pretty much), and then he was met by men in Black Suits, "Give me that playbook,son,and take this one, we even put a couple shotguns in it to fool the fans,now take it and shut up"

I really can't understand this spewing hatred for Chad, but, hey I felt te EXACT same way about Vinny, but Vinny sucked for Waaaaayyyyy longer and for multiple teams.VT had one good Jets year, Chad had a few and took us to more playoffs,oh well. Now if you hate BOTH, that I guess I could see. But Chad's so f***ing likable! lol

To me this is one of my saddest moments, up there with:

1. Dennis Byrd, of course.

2. What became of my once favorite Jet of all time, the likes of which we NEVER duplicated, Mark"convict"Gastineau. Say what you want, but NOONE got to the QB like he did!It would take our line 2 hours to get there like he did. (But,damm that documentary was sad)

3. Number three has to be the benching of Chad and knowing that he finished.

I'm with the Ecurbs and the Irish Jets on this:

I don't want KC to be great, I want 2002 Chad back, but he looks more and more like Vinny everyday.

OR IS THE Contract!????? It can't be a coincidence that every single OC since Namath has used the same BS playbook.

We all thought it was Joe Walton(a supposed offensive guy),we all thought it was Coslett(again,Offensive guy),Tuna came and was Tuna,he got rushed out quickly by men in Black suits,same with Bill B and they left us with Groh,and same playbook!and on and on. Then young Shotty comes in last year and mixes it up and shakes and stirs and we get Coles and Cotch to 1,000(pretty much), and then he was met by men in Black Suits, "Give me that playbook,son,and take this one, we even put a couple shotguns in it to fool the fans,now take it and shut up"

I am one of Chad's biggest supporters out there- I would love for Chad to rip off 4-5 wins here and bring us back to 5-5 or 6-6...but if you dont want Kellen to do well then aren't as bad as the people who root against Chad?

Just my take on it...

it occured to me yesterday as I was talking about the game with my brother that what this reminds me of is watching Mickey Mantle in his last year. I too have been a big Chad Pennington fan ever since the day we drafted him and had high hopes that all the talk of him being "the next Joe Montana" was gonna be true, but Chad like The Mick before him has been decimated by a series of injuries and now looks to be done-at least here in NY

I am one of Chad's biggest supporters out there- I would love for Chad to rip off 4-5 wins here and bring us back to 5-5 or 6-6...but if you dont want Kellen to do well then aren't as bad as the people who root against Chad?

Just my take on it...

i agree with you... thats why I wont wish for Clemens to do bad.

I am disappointed in people's opinion about Chad and the Jets, but it wont make me turn against my team and root for a player to do bad.

Its good to debate the team, but at the end of the day fans should be rooting for this team to do well... we just have different beliefs on how to get there...

I certainly hope after a week and a half of saying Clemens is our only hope for salvation that people aren't thinking I'm rooting for him to suck. I hope Clemens turns out to be the greatest quarterback the game has ever seen, he a f---ing JET.

How could someone not understand what I meant when i said this:

I don't want KC to be great, I want 2002 Chad back, BUT......

or maybe they stopped reading right before the word "But" it happens

Archived