Jets on 3rd and Short

bitonti

people talk about the 4th and 1 last week, but that's a play call i agree with - generally chad and coles can make that fade work.

the real problem was 3rd and 1 QB sneak.

let me just say Thomas Jones is not a short yardage back. Those who remember his Chicago days will recall that is exactly the situation where he dances too much and loses five.

what the Jets lack, and have lacked for about the last 20 years, is a true short yardage package... like the Raiders had with Zack Crockett and like the Pats have today- Bring the tackle eligible on the field, put the linebackers in the backfield and give the ball to a guy who everyone knows is going to get it - but he still takes the tough yard.

Right now the Jets lack a guy who can get the tough yard. as last week showed, QB sneaks will only work for so long.

On short yardage we should throw. On 3rd down they had 11, yes 11 at the LOS,with nearly all of them blitzing. The Sneak was a hopeless call, any kind of PA would have had a guy wide open. Chris baker anyone???

One wonders why the Rhodes Scholar of a quarterback didn't audible.

On short yardage we should throw. On 3rd down they had 11, yes 11 at the LOS,with nearly all of them blitzing. The Sneak was a hopeless call, any kind of PA would have had a guy wide open. Chris baker anyone???

Threw on 3rd. Now what if that pass was incomplete? Are we throwing again on 4th down?

Now imagine if we did that and both passes were incomplete, Mangini would have gotten killed for it. 5x more then he is for this one.

Threw on 3rd. Now what if that pass was incomplete? Are we throwing again on 4th down?

Now imagine if we did that and both passes were incomplete, Mangini would have gotten killed for it. 5x more then he is for this one.

Id honestly take the shot on 3rd and run Jones on 4th. I guarantee the Eagles wouldnt be as aggressive on 4th down as they would be on 3rd.

Also it wouldnt have been incomplete, just watch the eagles setup and playcall, any TE who can run 5 yards straight has themselves a TD.

I agree that Penny should have audibled, theres no excuse for sneaking into that, the result was inevitable.

Archived