Just when you thought the Patriots couldn't get any better...

Alk

i didn't finish the sentance...

"in the playoffs"...my bad

True. He didn't play his best against Denver 2 season ago and last year he threw that pick against the Colts to seal Indy's victory - although I blame that loss more on the defenses inability to stop the colts TE than anything else - oh and the fact that Reche Caldwell couldn't even catch a perfect pass when it counts.

Honestly, the past two seasons emphasized how important a first round bye and/or home field is in the playoff's.

True. He didn't play his best against Denver 2 season ago and last year he threw that pick against the Colts to seal Indy's victory - although I blame that loss more on the defenses inability to stop the colts TE than anything else - oh and the fact that Reche Caldwell couldn't even catch a perfect pass when it counts.

Honestly, the past two seasons emphasized how important a first round bye and/or home field is in the playoff's.

I'm interested to see how he plays this time around with the talent he has around him. Even more curious if he doesn't put up good number what people from the leauge will think of his comparisons to Montana and company.

As for the bye? I agree.

Looks like Seymour is going to have a warmup game before the My Pretty Ponies.

October 25, 2007

Thomas waived

By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

The Patriots waived DL Santonio Thomas today, opening a spot on their 53-man roster. The 6-foot-4, 305-pound Thomas, who has played in four games this season, would likely return on the team's practice squad if he is not claimed by another club by 4 p.m. Friday.

Thomas was credited by the team's coaches with five tackles this season. The Patriots still have six defensive linemen on the roster -- Vince Wilfork, Ty Warren, Jarvis Green, Mike Wright, Le Kevin Smith and Kareem Brown.

As for how the Patriots fill the open roster spot, it could come from one of the three players who opened the year on the physically unable to perform list and have started practicing -- WR Chad Jackson, CB Eddie Jackson and DL Richard Seymour.

While it might seem as if this move clears the way for Seymour, it wouldn't be surprising if the Patriots had special teams help on the mind instead, which could lead to Eddie Jackson's activation. The Patriots have had their depth on special teams tested with ILB Eric Alexander (knee) and S Mel Mitchell (groin) missing last week's game and being held out of practices this week. Also, depth in the secondary could be thinned with S Eugene Wilson (ankle) missing the last two practices.

Looks like Alk was right.

October 27, 2007

Seymour activated

By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

The Patriots have activated DL Richard Seymour to their active roster today. Seymour opened the year on the physically unable to perform list and missed the first seven games due to his knee. A five-time Pro Bowler, he had returned to practice Wednesday.

The Patriots had an open roster spot after waiving DL Santonio Thomas on Thursday.

Seymour, a fixture at right defensive end in the Patriots' 3-4 defense, is one of seven linemen on the roster. He joins starters Ty Warren (end) and Vince Wilfork (nose), with Jarvis Green, Mike Wright, Le Kevin Smith and Kareem Brown rounding out the depth chart.

Earlier this week, safety Rodney Harrison talked about the impact of Seymour returning to the team.

"To add a guy who has been a tremendous mainstay on our defensive line, a guy that's very big, physical, strong, can do it all -- rush the passer, stop the run -- just his presence along with his leadership will be tremendous for us," he said. "Of course, I feel like he'll give us a spark, just like when we get any of our guys back."

Archived