Jets seek helicopter permit at Hofstra

jetsrule128

I told you they would spend the bye week figuring out ways to keep me from watching practice

now they want a helicopter to spot me in the bushes

Since the New York Jets plan to keep their long-time Hempstead home for at least one more year, the team's owner would like to make it easier to come and go from the training facility at Hofstra University.

Jets officials have applied for special permit from the town's zoning board for owner Robert "Woody" Johnson to land his seven-passenger helicopter in a patch of field next to where the football team practices.

The application has gone back and forth between the town's zoning board and the county's planning commission since July.

Both the town and the county must both approve the plan. It's now back in the hands of the football team and their representatives to obtain the necessary studies regarding clearance, noise and air quality.

The attorney for the project, Anthony Guardino of Farrell Fritz in Uniondale, said the applicants are working with an expert to study those areas and is confident the plan will proceed.

The Jets announced in March 2006 that they were moving to Florham Park, N.J., the following year, after practicing at Hofstra for more than 30 years.

But, in June, the team decided it needed an extra year to do the move without disrupting any part of the football season. An official told Newsday earlier this year that the move won't be until at least 2009.

Plans for two helipads were drawn up this summer and the Jets filed a permit application with the town of Hempstead. In August, the building department sent the plans over to the town's zoning board for a special use permit. The plans were forwarded to the county for review.

On Oct. 31, the county sent the plans back to the town because they lacked an environmental assessment form, approvals from the Federal Aviation Administration and a noise and air quality study.

Richard Bivone of RMB Development Consultants in East Meadow, permit expeditor for the Jets project, said it's a "temporary application."

Jets officials have applied for special permit from the town's zoning board for owner Robert "Woody" Johnson to land his seven-passenger helicopter in a patch of field next to where the football team practices.

That's where the kids practice soccer.

Fvck you woody

:character0269:

I hope he doesn't get the permit. Let him ride in a car like the "common people".

If I was rich enough to have a helicopter, I would take it everywhere. And I would drop bags of dog**** on the unwashed masses.

As much of a dick as I am now, I would be such an ******* if I was rich.

on a more serious note i think the jets forget hofstra is a college campus

i am sure the music distracts the students and a helicopter would make it worse

This is a good post. I am not sure where the dorms are located and if any of the noise is actually a distraction. But it is a college campus let's just buzz around with a helicopter.

Better yet let's just keep Woody away from there all together. Anyone have connections in Florham Park? Maybe we can keep Woody away after they move as well.

Oh wait -- he had season tickets. He is a die hard fan, I forgot about that.

Archived