Cleveland Field Goal Miss, and overturned

Lady Jet

I didn't see it, but was keeping an eye on the game via computer, since through my husband's work, we have a lot of Brown fan friends.

Holy cow, I though that game was all but over. I was trying to follow via NFL.com. When I read the ruling out loud to my family, it was like WTF? A FG miss being reversed? lol

Just watched it on one of the networks. Amazing.

I'm just glad they got it right. Imagine if they said game over Browns lose then find out hours later that they blew it. Now THAT would have totally sucked for the Brownies.

They would have to fly back tomorrow to finish overtime in an empty stadium!

They would have to fly back tomorrow to finish overtime in an empty stadium!

Yeah like THAT was gonna happen :) I'm just glad they got it right. The game was on live here today. I was surprised the 2 douchys under the post didn't call it good from the start.

That kick was totally mis-judged by the refs initially. They quickly corrected an obvious mistake. For that I'm glad. Most of the time it ends up the league ofice issues a statment saying "Oh, well. We blew it, but the game stands." I hate that s**t.

With so much riding on a teams record like post season, draft position etc. that WOULD have been terrible. Especially something so correctible with the replay.

With so much riding on a teams record like post season, draft position etc. that WOULD have been terrible. Especially something so correctible with the replay.

So true.

But like Billy said, there are still to many instances where it winds up with nothing but an apology from the league.

Billick was whining like the bitch he is. In the end, the correct call got made. Ultimately, that is the purpose of reviewing plays (either mandatory or by coaches' challenges).

I can see why he was pissed; they reversed the call after at least one official was on the phone with someone. But since the correct call got made, what's his argument? That his team should have won in regulation even though Dawson kicked a game-tying FG? How about not letting Cleveland return that last kickoff 40 yards? How about not letting Anderson throw two out of two completions for 24 yards with the clock ticking, and keep Dawson out of FG range in the first place with your top defensive talent? How about keeping that sloth Jamal Lewis to under 4ypc like everyone else other than Cincy has?

The last people Billick is warranted in complaining about are non-Ravens.

it was not reviewed by Instant replay

One official was adamant that is was a good FG

FG's are not reviewable and the refs were not allowed to see replay

They got it right thank god.

I heard that one also. But before they made the final call, one of the officials was standing next to the instant-replay booth with a headset-thingy over one ear.

That's what set Billick off. Hey, f-him. In the end, the right call was made. The reason for instant-replay is to get the call right. The reason FG's are not review-able has nothing to to with rightness or wrongness; it's because the game would be too boring to watch if they reviewed every single thing so they have to draw the line at certain types of plays.

I heard that one also. But before they made the final call, one of the officials was standing next to the instant-replay booth with a headset-thingy over one ear.

That's what set Billick off. Hey, f-him. In the end, the right call was made. The reason for instant-replay is to get the call right. The reason FG's are not review-able has nothing to to with rightness or wrongness; it's because the game would be too boring to watch if they reviewed every single thing so they have to draw the line at certain types of plays.

The referee called up to see if he could review..was told no!!!!!

Archived