Will Montgomery

DMaynard

I watched this guy while watching the Jets/Steelers replay on the NFL Network. It looked like they alternated series with him and Adrien Clarke at LG. I didn't know anything about him, but I have to say he looked pretty decent. He is not John Hannah, but he seems more consistent and has better technique than Clarke, who is wildly erratic. I see he is young and has some size. I would start this guy and see what he can do over a full game. We know what Clarke is, and that is very replaceable.

I watched this guy while watching the Jets/Steelers replay on the NFL Network. It looked like they alternated series with him and Adrien Clarke at LG. I didn't know anything about him, but I have to say he looked pretty decent. He is not John Hannah, but he seems more consistent and has better technique than Clarke, who is wildly erratic. I see he is young and has some size. I would start this guy and see what he can do over a full game. We know what Clarke is, and that is very replaceable.

i watched the re-run of the pitt game last night. i watched the running plays really closely, and holy crap did mangold do the job. Then i also noticed Montgomery, he did move pretty well, and seem to play the angles well. No complaints here.

I hope he can keep his level of play up, it was really nice seeing our line play well for once.

funny I just posted a thread about the game (I'm watching it now) and #66 looks and plays like Kendall-he looks pretty savvy out there DM_I think we found our LG

I think we need to address that position this off-season through free agency and not the draft. We need to plug someone in there who we know can play for sure. Not take a chance through the draft.

I would worry about replacing either the RG or RT we got ourselves a LG Ghost-I'm watching this guy and he's getting the job don-very quick and strong and he plays smart

I would worry about replacing either the RG or RT we got ourselves a LG Ghost-I'm watching this guy and he's getting the job don-very quick and strong and he plays smart

Yeah, I see you made a thread about this. I'm glad, I seriously wish he can be the future. He has the size for sure, but we have to do something with this offensive line. Something is wrong with it.

take a good look at Clement, i think he out played brick in this game. I might be wrong (small sample size), but what i saw from clement was nice pass protection and a lot of decent runs off of his side. I'd like to upgrade the position, but he isn't as bad as many would have you believe.

Let me know if i'm flat out wrong, i didn't focus on him much...as i said.

take a good look at Clement, i think he out played brick in this game. I might be wrong (small sample size), but what i saw from clement was nice pass protection and a lot of decent runs off of his side. I'd like to upgrade the position, but he isn't as bad as many would have you believe.

We just have to much inconsistency in this offensive line.

We just have to much inconsistency in this offensive line.

you are right about that, but i do think clement can play ok as a back up for next season. I would like to see us spend our second rounder on a RT, he would step in and start right away (if tangini continue to draft well in the first two rounds), and if Montgomery can play well against the cowboys D-line this week, we may know for sure what we have at LG.

you are right about that, but i do think clement can play ok as a back up for next season. I would like to see us spend our second rounder on a RT, he would step in and start right away (if tangini continue to draft well in the first two rounds), and if Montgomery can play well against the cowboys D-line this week, we may know for sure what we have at LG.

I'll keep a close eye on him tomorrow, just for you. ;)

I dont remember seeing Montgomery in the second half. I guess I am wrong?

Clement did have a decent game Sunday, but he has been awful all year. D-Brick had a weak game Sunday, but has had a solid year IMO. Go figure

There are quite a few OT's in this draft. 2nd round sounds like a good spot to grab one.

Not so many G's, but more then likely some of the OT's will be switched to guard. Always a risk tho.

Clement did have a decent game Sunday, but he has been awful all year. D-Brick had a weak game Sunday, but has had a solid year IMO. Go figure

There are quite a few OT's in this draft. 2nd round sounds like a good spot to grab one.

Not so many G's, but more then likely some of the OT's will be switched to guard. Always a risk tho.

flgreen-I'm watching the replay now, focusing especially ON the OL and I'll tell you if there is a soft spot on that right side it's Clement...he's one of those guys that'll make one push and then walk around-he doesn't stay with the play until the whistle-we need an upgrade there.

flgreen-I'm watching the replay now, focusing especially ON the OL and I'll tell you if there is a soft spot on that right side it's Clement...he's one of those guys that'll make one push and then walk around-he doesn't stay with the play until the whistle-we need an upgrade there.

I agree 100%

I am not a Clements fan at all. This is a good draft for OT's so one in the second or third will go along way in healing the O.

I hope you are right about Mongomery being the real deal at LG. Didn't notice him much, which is probably a good thing.

I would also draft a guard in the mid rounds to compete with Moore. I think he would be a great back up. Not sold on him as a starter.

I agree 100%

I am not a Clements fan at all. This is a good draft for OT's so one in the second or third will go along way in healing the O.

I hope you are right about Mongomery being the real deal at LG. Didn't notice him much, which is probably a good thing.

I would also draft a guard in the mid rounds to compete with Moore. I think he would be a great back up. Not sold on him as a starter.

and as I'm watching the replay again-Montgomery is back in in the 2nd half after Mangini benched Clarke-again-and looking good-again

and as I'm watching the replay again-Montgomery is back in in the 2nd half after Mangini benched Clarke-again-and looking good-again

I'm telling ya, he looks good. Where did he come from? Was he on the roster at the beginning of the year?

I'm telling ya, he looks good. Where did he come from? Was he on the roster at the beginning of the year?

it's funny how the whole unit seems to play better with him in there against Pittsburgh DM-there seems to be a different mindset from when Clarke is in there to when Will Montgomery is playing-he did really good against the Steelers-I hope we don't have to suffer through one more game or play of watching Adrien Clarke at LG-even the running game was better with Will and his pass protection was classic NFL smooth

Archived