College football and not the Jets

pjam76

It is far more interesting watching college football these days than the NFL half the time. At least they seem to take chances and have balls. It seems most NFL Coaches these days think they are know it all arrogant chumps. Heck even Spurrier and Saban came to the NFL and did it.....It's like NFL means no fun league and everybody has to call the same boring plays over and over...

Anyway, the biggest problem I see in college football is the fact that there is no conclusion. This year is the best example. On any given day, most of these teams could win regardless of who is playing. So having no playoff means everybody gets screwed.

Nobody deserves to be number one this year. If Kansas loses tonight, and they are down 14-0 so far, who is to say Mizz doesn't lose to Oklahoma next week? And does that really make Ok any better than anybody else? Does it make LSU or USC or Ohio State worse or better? Or even WV?

If people who supported the BCS before doesn't see the problem this year, I doubt they ever will. I mean there is no legit #1 team in College football and yet we will get forced to watch two teams that might be good, but might not be that much better than anybody else.

And I sure do not want to see a game where Ohio State plays West Virginia for the "Best team in College Football."

If Colt Brennan and Hawaii run the table, no matter how weak their conference is, how

are they not in the championship game? Which is a blast. Coming of Boise State last year, they have to let a small conference undefeated team in.

I just don't see that happening, but they should be in one of the top bowl games. Not some consolation prize at the number 12 seed or something....

From what I've read, quite a few top teams refused to even play Hawaii. Can't blame them if other teams are afraid of playing them.

UH's SOS is #120 in the country- that is like dead last. That makes their record not so impressive. They're fun to watch, and i do like watching them play, but they are not among the top five best teams in CFB.

Date Opponent Time/Result Audio/Video

Sun, Sep 2 Northern Colorado W 63-6 --

Sat, Sep 8 at Louisiana Tech W 45-44 --

Sat, Sep 15 at UNLV W 49-14 --

Sun, Sep 23 Charleston Southern W 66-10 --

Sat, Sep 29 at Idaho W 48-20 --

Sun, Oct 7 Utah State W 52-37 --

Fri, Oct 12 at San Jose State W 42-35 --

Sun, Oct 28 New Mexico State W 50-13 --

Sat, Nov 10 Fresno State W 37-30 --

Fri, Nov 16 at Nevada W 28-26 --

Fri, Nov 23 (17) Boise State W 39-27 --

Sat, Dec 1 Washington 11:30 pm

This is close to being a Div II-A schedule.

The thing I can't stand about College Football is that it takes 3 and a half to 4 hours to complete a game in regulation time. I hate how the clock stops after 1st downs and sacks and how the play clock is just 25 seconds long. If College Football had those rules changed to NFL rules, it would be much more exciting, especially if it had a playoff.

college football will never change because having the bcs generates a lot of interest and media attention. if you hate it, you pay attention. if you like it, you pay attention. it pays to have controversy.

I hate college football and the bcs. To me its boring. But i payed attention this weekend because of the bcs implications. and im sure i'll follow it next weekend just to see what plays out.

its all about the money, and with the current setup they are printing money. if they ever change to a playoff, it will ruin the media hype and attetion.

plus there will be controversy as to how many teams to have in a playoff. is 4 enough?? 8? there will always be bitching about a team that just missed the playoffs. playoffs dont solve everything, they just create a new problem.

I was all about having playoffs and then Kirk Herbstreit changed my mind. He said they should change it to an "add 1". So you have the BCS bowl games and then whomever is deemed #1 and #2 after those games plays for the national title.

His reasoning behind not having a playoff was what really sold me. He said college football is special because it's the only sport where regular season games truly count as to who you'll be playing against and what you'll be playing for. Adding in a playoff system would take a lot away from the regular season and he's absolutely correct.

Archived