Latest mock draft from ESPN.com

faba

Round One tough to predictBy Chad Ford

ESPN Insider

Archive

At 2:30 a.m., many NBA executives are still in their offices, sipping coffee and reviewing their mock drafts.

Millions of dollars worth of scouting, dozens of personal workouts and hours of breaking down film have come down to this.

When David Stern opens the draft for business today at 7:30 p.m. ET, teams are comfortable they know what's happening in the first five minutes. After that? Forget about it.

"Anyone who claims they know what's going to happen tomorrow is either a liar or a psychic," one NBA executive drafting in the mid-first round said Monday. "There are too many variables. Too much parity. Too many rumors floating around. We don't have a clue who's going to be on the board when we pick. And we get paid to do this."

That is the refrain around the league. The draft is deep. The gap between picks 10 and 30 isn't very large. The trade talk is rampant. Bad rumors are floating everywhere.

Throw some chicken bones on the floor and pass the Ouija board

All the alternate picks this guy has listed for the Nets are more viable than McCants. Intersting player is this high school kid- 7 feet from Metuchen New Jersey Bynum

Bynum has a weight problem. Big dudes almost never shake weight problems, especiallt when they're 18 years old and have $10 mil in the bank. The Nets should draft Sean May and be thrilled about it if the draft plays out like that. While I don't love May's athleticism, he's a hige widebody that can catch it and has a nice touch around the basket. The Nets are scary-soft in the paint, and May would bring the pain.

26. DETROIT PISTONS

Julius Hodge

NORTH CAROLINA ST | SENIOR | GUARD

HEIGHT: 6-7 | WEIGHT: 205 | AGE: 21

Hodge may not be the greatest shooter in the draft, but he has all the intangibles Joe Dumars loves in his players. He's tough, versatile and he seems to want it more than most guys on the floor. The team is also looking strongly at Ryan Gomes, a Corliss Williamson-like forward and Jason Maxiell, the mini-Ben Wallace.

BR>

Alternate Picks: Ryan Gomes, Nate Robinson, Jason Maxiell

yup... nothing like getting another poor shooter, when your team is stocked full of them, and was one of the reasons why you lost game seven of the finals.

I'd approve of anyone who can shoot the 3 and the 15 foot J... they don't have to have driving ability. Just stand and shoot. Preferably someone who could spell Tayshaun. And, someone that the coach would play. That'd be great. Unlike the Pistons last several draft picks... who haven't seen an NBA court, ever.

yup... nothing like getting another poor shooter, when your team is stocked full of them, and was one of the reasons why you lost game seven of the finals.

I'd approve of anyone who can shoot the 3 and the 15 foot J... they don't have to have driving ability. Just stand and shoot. Preferably someone who could spell Tayshaun. And, someone that the coach would play. That'd be great. Unlike the Pistons last several draft picks... who haven't seen an NBA court, ever.

The only way that Larry Brown plays you is if you've bounced around the league and he can look like he saved your career.

The only way that Larry Brown plays you is if you've bounced around the league and he can look like he saved your career.

Well... he's made Sheed a worse player. Ben's the same as he was when he first got here. Chauncy lost his ability to shoot. Rip still can't make a shot when it counts. Tayshaun improved, but that's only because there isn't another Three on this team.

That and Larry has a fear of foreginers. And young people. Look at the bench for the Olympics... Lebron and Dwayne Wade were both riding the pine. Carlos Delfino and Darko should have both played this year. While Delfino was hurt, there's no excuse for Darko. Larry wants him to play inside, yet lets his boy from UNC do whatever he wants to do on the court, and he stinks it up.

That freakin UNC connection... and it's a wonder I have such a distain for UNC.

I saw the stats for that Koralev cat. Like 3 points and .8 rebounds per game. If the Clippers pick him, I may never watch a second of the NBA again. Why the hell do teams think they can take all these 7 foot Euros that light it up during practice, then average 2 points a game in in inferior leagues, and turn them into superstars? It's ******* ridiculous, and I am sick and tired of it. The Clippers had better draft someone American. Then again, this is Elgin Baylor.

I saw the stats for that Koralev cat. Like 3 points and .8 rebounds per game. If the Clippers pick him, I may never watch a second of the NBA again. Why the hell do teams think they can take all these 7 foot Euros that light it up during practice, then average 2 points a game in in inferior leagues, and turn them into superstars? It's ******* ridiculous, and I am sick and tired of it. The Clippers had better draft someone American. Then again, this is Elgin Baylor.

Archived