Joe Gibbs- time has past

faba

Its understandable that the game has passed him by X's and O's and strategy, gameplanning wise. But as far as game management goes, nothing has changed since the last time he's coached, its still the same game and every time I watch the Skins play he is making hideous managment decisions in game.

I actually think he has been getting better. I'm not going to blame yesterday's loss on him. He has a right to be in a million different places after what happened. I don't however know how he is going to turn it around down there. This Sean Taylor thing is going to really put this team in a funk for a while, imo. Ditka was on mike and mike this morning and said that the 63 bears team had one loss. Then over the offseason 2 players died and basically the same team lost 9 games the next year. He went on to say that it devastated the locker room and I can see that happeneing especially with such a tight nit group like the skins who have a lot of people that played in college together too.

Could very well possibly be...you have to remember, his success came pre FA. The same thing done in Jimmy Johnson.

The only thing that made Jimmy Johnson was the Herschel Walker trade! Take away that trade and what do you have................................................................................ Jimmy Johnson the Dolphins coach! See what I'm saying?

This was in the media being hailed as agreat coaching hire when made- see what he has done -nothing for the Redskins-time to retire to NASCAR.

I agree. His big claim to fame was winning multiple Super Bowls with different QB's.

He has done no such thing this time around and has made a few late game coaching errors this year that shows me the game has passed him by.

The only thing that made Jimmy Johnson was the Herschel Walker trade! Take away that trade and what do you have................................................................................ Jimmy Johnson the Dolphins coach! See what I'm saying?

JJ and Gibbs did it during the pre-FA era. Different times. What they did then may not work now.

BTW, the Skins are 1-4 since getting blown out by the Cheaters, with their only win coming against the Jets.

They are 0-3 without Sean Taylor, plus they lost the game he got injured in when they gave up long pass plays down the middle after he was hurt and out of the game.

Also, Jason Campbell has thrown 11 ints and 12 TDs, PLUS he has fumbled 12 times and lost eight of them.

Their OL is terrible, and Kendall is actually one of the only guys who has played decently, aside from R. Thomas, who is currently injured.

Campbell has been running for his life, and Portis doesnt have any holes to run through other than the Jets game.

The Jets and Skins arent going anywhere until they rebuild their OL.

Want to know why the Bills are on the bubble for a playoff berth in spite of having mediocre talent at some key positions?

They are strong on the LOS.

Archived