is baseballs current HR record safe?

Blackout

as we enter the non-roid era, does anyone think Bonds's 73 is safe forever? i cant imagine anyone breaking it now until another popular form of cheating becomes widespread

and how long will it take for someone to break the legit 61 HRs in a season?

in recent years, a few clean guys have came close (Arod 57, Griffey 56 twice) but no cigar

last years high was 48 by Beltre, who played for his life last year (just look at him now)

as we enter the non-roid era, does anyone think Bonds's 73 is safe forever? i cant imagine anyone breaking it now until another popular form of cheating becomes widespread

in recent years, a few clean guys have came close (Arod 57, Griffey 56 twice) but no cigar

last years high was 48 by Beltre, who played for his life last year (just look at him now)

in recent years, a few clean guys have came close (Griffey 58, Arod 57, Griffey 56) but no cigar

baseball is cylical. right now there are some great young power pitchers and a trend to build bigger ball-parks. 75 is a ton of HR's, but i could see a player w/decent protection in the lineup who plays in a band-box hitting 61. I doubt we see 75 for some time.

in recent years, a few clean guys have came close (Griffey 58, Arod 57, Griffey 56) but no cigar

baseball is cylical. right now there are some great young power pitchers and a trend to build bigger ball-parks. 75 is a ton of HR's, but i could see a player w/decent protection in the lineup who plays in a band-box hitting 61. I doubt we see 75 for some time.

anyone think Hack Wilson's 191 RBI record is safe? the most anyones had in my lifetime is 165 i think

No.

6 of the NL teams hit .300 that year and that has not happened since the Sox did it in 1950 I think. Chicago was not even in the Top 3 in that category.

anyone think Hack Wilson's 191 RBI record is safe? the most anyones had in my lifetime is 165 i think

No.

6 of the NL teams hit .300 that year and that has not happened since the Sox did it in 1950 I think. Chicago was not even in the Top 3 in that category.

Thinking you know who is clean and who isn't is naive. Obviously Giambo and Bonds along with Sheff had their stories leaked.

Assuming Arod and Griff were clean is just that, a assumption. Who would have thought guys like Rincon and Alex Sanchez were on roids?

All the asterik stuff is a dead issue unfortunately because before all is said and done we will probably hear many more names that used and from prior eras as well.

Thinking you know who is clean and who isn't is naive. Obviously Giambo and Bonds along with Sheff had their stories leaked.

Assuming Arod and Griff were clean is just that, a assumption. Who would have thought guys like Rincon and Alex Sanchez were on roids?

All the asterik stuff is a dead issue unfortunately because before all is said and done we will probably hear many more names that used and from prior eras as well.

Archived