Coles is underappreciated

4HCrew

I would like him more if he was our #2 and being paid like it. I do not like him as a #1, but that is mostly just me. Cotch isn't #1 material really either, he's an okay #2 good #3. A true #1 would help us maybe.

I have to give these 2 guys credit for even playing today, but on the last drive where Cotchery had a chance to catch the ball in the endzone (we would have taken the lead in the last 2 minutes if he catches it) and the other where Coles leaped but it went through his grasps at around the 10 yard line.......

Thats where a big WR who can jump and catch comes in. If we had a guy like Plaxixo or Randy in those 2 instances, its an easy touchdown and we win the game, and we are all sitting here calling Clemens a hero for conducting a down-by-2 scores 4th quarter come back.

We really need a big WR. It doesnt matter if Clemens is the QB or not, every offense needs a guy who can jump up and get it.

I have to give these 2 guys credit for even playing today, but on the last drive where Cotchery had a chance to catch the ball in the endzone (we would have taken the lead in the last 2 minutes if he catches it) and the other where Coles leaped but it went through his grasps at around the 10 yard line.......

Thats where a big WR who can jump and catch comes in. If we had a guy like Plaxixo or Randy in those 2 instances, its an easy touchdown and we win the game, and we are all sitting here calling Clemens a hero for conducting a down-by-2 scores 4th quarter come back.

We really need a big WR. It doesnt matter if Clemens is the QB or not, every offense needs a guy who can jump up and get it.

Don't disagree,but they are both playing hurt. I was suprised Cotchery played at all, since his status during the week made it seem unlikely he'd play at all. And Coles took forever to get up after his early catch in traffic. It looked like the kind of thing thta would cause a concussion.

Agreed on needing a big target. Doesn't even have to be a WR, it could be a big TE. I would be fine with Coles as a #1 if we had a Gates, Gonzales, Wittin, Winslow or some other option like that. Maybe Heap will be available this year?

I think this was the problem back in 2002 against the Raiders, Coles was too small. I thought that's why we let him go, and why we got McCarreins I guess. But then we got him back and it's the same thing, and Chad took a lot of heat for it. I think Chad DID decline, HOWEVER, I do not think he was given the best chance to succeed either.

You're kind of only saying it now because of Clemens though :/

Agreed on needing a big target. Doesn't even have to be a WR, it could be a big TE. I would be fine with Coles as a #1 if we had a Gates, Gonzales, Wittin, Winslow or some other option like that. Maybe Heap will be available this year?

I think this was the problem back in 2002 against the Raiders, Coles was too small. I thought that's why we let him go, and why we got McCarreins I guess. But then we got him back and it's the same thing, and Chad took a lot of heat for it. I think Chad DID decline, HOWEVER, I do not think he was given the best chance to succeed either.

You're kind of only saying it now because of Clemens though :/

CHAD JOHNSON IS THE ANSWER:headbang:

Archived