What I love....

BwanaZulia

I love that the same fans who are shouting for Mangini to be fired want him to have higher draft picks to waste.

I love that the same people who wanted to start Clemens now think we should have picked a different QB a few years back.

I love that the same people who were on his jock last year, now think Mangini has lost it all.

We should all take a collective chill pill.

It is just football. Just the Jets. Just one season.

Last year we rode the high of over achievement into Foxboro, this year the reality of a tougher schedule is bringing us into the top of the draft.

Get a grip. It is ok. Only one head coach gets to win a Super Bowl every year, and you don't go throwing away an entire team each time you don't make the playoffs.

BZ

I love that the same fans who are shouting for Mangini to be fired want him to have higher draft picks to waste.

I love that the same people who wanted to start Clemens now think we should have picked a different QB a few years back.

I love that the same people who were on his jock last year, now think Mangini has lost it all.

Last year we rode the high of over achievement into Foxboro, this year the reality of a tougher schedule is bringing us into the top of the draft.

Get a grip. It is ok. Only one head coach gets to win a Super Bowl every year, and you don't go throwing away an entire team each time you don't make the playoffs.

BZ

with that diatribe, you just Locked up "Homer of the Year"

BZ

I agree BZ. This nonsense about fire Mangini is utter crap.

BZ

good points bz. jetcane is my only concern regarding posters hatin on mangini. I have much respect for his love & knowledge of da jets and rarely disagree on his points of view. Other than him, the usual suspects quick to find fault in anything jets related is taken with a grain of salt

I'm sick of all this 'just one season' crap. We're don't seem to be heading anywhere only straight doen the ****ter. Tangin has left us in a rebuilding state that may take 4-5 years to fix.

How many 'just one seasons' will it take.](*,)

to be honest i envy fans like you and bren!!!

really do!!!!

You should. It is much easier on the soul.

I take the games very passionately, cheer hard, lose badly.. but I don't think that every game is a waste if it isn't the Super Bowl.

I don't ever want the team to lose for the draft.

I always think the Jets can win in any given game, no matter what the spread or the opponent.

It is a fun place to be, Homerville. Population: 1.

:)

BZ

I'm sick of all this 'just one season' crap. We're don't seem to be heading anywhere only straight doen the ****ter. Tangin has left us in a rebuilding state that may take 4-5 years to fix.

Take for what? What is your goal? Just to win a Super Bowl? Done.

To win another? It might take 1 more season or 23 more. It is not a science or something that can be predicted.

Enjoy the ride, because trust me, that is all you will have in the end. They don't give rings to fans.

BZ

Take for what? What is your goal? Just to win a Super Bowl? Done.

To win another? It might take 1 more season or 23 more. It is not a science or something that can be predicted.

Enjoy the ride, because trust me, that is all you will have in the end. They don't give rings to fans.

BZ

I got one in 1969? and it didn't have an *

Bookmark this post because I guarentee this will be turned 100% around by next season. The Jets have some holes - but they also have some important young pieces to the puzzle. There is a reason our problems are so bad. Mangini decided that he would rather fill them through less expensive free agents and competition with low paid free agents than overpay a guy that is just off a career year. This offseason we will go out and get a higher priced free agent or two and have anther great draft.

Bookmark this post because I guarentee this will be turned 100% around by next season. The Jets have some holes - but they also have some important young pieces to the puzzle. There is a reason our problems are so bad. Mangini decided that he would rather fill them through free agents and competition with low paid free agents than overpay a guy that is just off a career year. This offseason we will go out and get a higher priced free agent or two and have anther great draft.

i do not think that is what Tangini had in mind, going from playoffs to 3-13

they traded for TJ and added harris and revis...

BTW we will not get 1 high tier FA to play for us, will not happen

We are the Jets, sort of like the Lions of NFC

Did the Browns seem to be headed in the right direction last year? Would you have fired Romeo?

i do not think that is what Tangini had in mind, going from playoffs to 3-13

they traded for TJ and added harris and revis...

BTW we will not get 1 high tier FA to play for us, will not happen

We are the Jets, sort of like the Lions of NFC

Ofcourse you try to win every game. That's not the point I was trying to make. Mangini and Tannenbaum are not going to mortgage the future by overpaying an average free agent so they can go 10-6 and make the playoffs. They are building a foundation to win over the long term. And money talks with free agents and we will have plenty thanks to the fact that they didn't pay an average guard tackle money to stay here or to come here.

Bookmark this post because I guarentee this will be turned 100% around by next season. The Jets have some holes - but they also have some important young pieces to the puzzle. There is a reason our problems are so bad. Mangini decided that he would rather fill them through less expensive free agents and competition with low paid free agents than overpay a guy that is just off a career year. This offseason we will go out and get a higher priced free agent or two and have anther great draft.

If he does indeed get some good FA's (Faneca, Hackett etc.) and has another good draft (one place I admit he's been decent) then I will be prepared to give him a little more time.

But how much do want to bet that we wont????:roll:

Expect to see us sign some washed up undersized D-lineman or something like that. But don't worry, he will have good charachter.:roll:

Tangini has done nothing in FA since they came and IMO we need to make an impact there this off-season. I highly doubt we will.

If he does indeed get some good FA's (Faneca, Hackett etc.) and has another good draft (one place I admit he's been decent) then I will be prepared to give him a little more time.

But how much do want to bet that we wont????:roll:

Expect to see us sign some washed up undersized D-lineman or something like that. But don't worry, he will have good charachter.:roll:

Tangini has done nothing in FA since they came and IMO we need to make an impact there this off-season. I highly doubt we will.

Refer to my other post. Faneca is probably not in the plans. Again, this is a young mans game and Faneca would not be the long term answer at this point.

Refer to my other post. Faneca is probably not in the plans. Again, this is a young mans game and Faneca would not be the long term answer at this point.

You seriously need to watch more Steeler games, did you see the Pats game yesterday???

He is still an elite LG, at least when it comes to run blocking which is our main weakness on the line. IMO he will continue to be an elite LG for many years to come, 30 is still young for a LG.

We have to go after him IMO.

You seriously need to watch more Steeler games, did you see the Pats game yesterday???

He is still an elite LG, at least when it comes to run blocking which is our main weakness on the line. IMO he will continue to be an elite LG for many years to come, 30 is still young for a LG.

We have to go after him IMO.

Lets see what he wants in terms of money first. I'm not even sure who all the guards and OT's that will be available yet so I can't even really comment.

good points bz. jetcane is my only concern regarding posters hatin on mangini. I have much respect for his love & knowledge of da jets and rarely disagree on his points of view. Other than him, the usual suspects quick to find fault in anything jets related is taken with a grain of salt

Ditto. JC is on board for giving Mangini another year which makes me feel good. I think he dislikes Eric period but understands it is too soon to have a FINAL report card.

The "usual suspects" would be tolerable....it's the new blood that find the need to post the same crap endlessly despite changing their tune every few weeks.

i think jets fans are well within their rights to lamblast mangini's moronic FG call on the 20 yard line. even those who were "all in his jock" last year. it was an idiotic call and it probably cost us the game. being a fan doesn't mean putting stupid moves beyond reproach. i don't want him fired but that was hermesque right there. tough sked, new QB, bad lines, blah blah blah. that call was something i wouldn't even do in madden 2007.

Ditto. JC is on board for giving Mangini another year which makes me feel good. I think he dislikes Eric period but understands it is too soon to have a FINAL report card.

The "usual suspects" would be tolerable....it's the new blood that find the need to post the same crap endlessly despite changing their tune every few weeks.

i am resigned to fact that EM will get his 3rd year, if i am woody i am making

calls to Cowhers Agent;)

i think jets fans are well within their rights to lamblast mangini's moronic FG call on the 20 yard line. even those who were "all in his jock" last year. it was an idiotic call and it probably cost us the game. being a fan doesn't mean putting stupid moves beyond reproach. i don't want him fired but that was hermesque right there. tough sked, new QB, bad lines, blah blah blah. that call was something i wouldn't even do in madden 2007.

AGREED 100% That tells me he has 0 confidence in his offense to rely on winning the game with onside kicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any coach who thinks they will win relying on the onside kick should should be FIRED.

Do you really love all of that, or are you just kidding? Love is such a strong word....and has so many means to soooo many people.... Please elaborate a bit more with all this love.....

it was not an idiotic call. I too thought we should go 4 it on 4th but had recovered another onside kick or we stopped them on 3rd down, the call would not have looked so moronic.

it was not an idiotic call. I too thought we should go 4 it on 4th but had recovered another onside kick or we stopped them on 3rd down, the call would not have looked so moronic.

mangini's call only makes sense if you think it's easier to recover an onside kick than to get a first down on 4th and 10. even if we don't pick up the first, they get the ball in their own territory instead of giving them the ball on our 40 yard line after a failed onsides kick. you're saying "if" we recovered another kick, well if only lee hadn't sent pickett's division in at gettysburg....

dumb call by mangini.

Archived