Patriots vs. Giants to be shown on NBC and CBS along with NFL Network merged X2

Gainzo

Speaking of which, did anyone catch the NFL Newtork commercial this w/e? the sound of a radio annoucer saying "so, with the win over Miami, the Patriots go for perfection against the Giants..." (paraphrasing here). They aired this during the one o'clock games. Hello???

yeah, they started airing those before the Patriots played the Dolphins. They just assumed they would win so they could get a headstart on airing the ads.

Plus, you could interpret that as "with a win over Miami, the Pats will be able to go for perfection or saying", meaning if and not when.

3 choices to watch the game now- 2, 4 and 9. I wonder who is doing the game for these channels. That will decide which one I watch.

they're not providing teams of announcers and separate production crews. game is simulcast. that means they're broadcasting the NFL Network feed over the other networks as well.

The Super Bowl used to be simulcast over both networks in its infancy.
yes. First simulcast since Super Bowl I. Also the first ever three network simulcast.

I don't get why they didn't just go to FOX, CBS, and NBC, and auction it off to the highest bidder. They're allowing NBC and CBS to air the game for free. How does that make any sense?

I really don't understand the pressure from the politicians. Most baseball and basketball games are not nationally televised either. Most football games are only available to the local team's fans, and this was not going to be any different.

I will be watching this on whichever non NFL network channel gives me HD for it.

I really don't understand the pressure from the politicians. Most baseball and basketball games are not nationally televised either. Most football games are only available to the local team's fans, and this was not going to be any different.

I will be watching this on whichever non NFL network channel gives me HD for it.

it's all the same feed... it's simulcast...

Archived