This is make it or break it for the Yanks

Matt39

4 in a row is nice. The Orioles have crumbled, which everyone knew was going to happen sooner or later.

An act of God has allowed the Yankees to still be in this thing.

Id like to be 2 games back of the Soc by the All Star break allowing a clean slate from there.

Things we need to have happen for the Yankees to make to the playoffs.

Randy Johnson needs to become a consistent pitcher. The days of him dominating 95% of his starts are over. He just can not afford to have those 4 inning 12 hit outings.

Carl Pavano needs to grow up and just plain pitch better. Stop making silly mistakes that cost the Yankees the game.

Mussina's been good, not specatacular. We know what were getting from him.

Rivera's been great after the rough first series against Boston. I was wrong about him. Gordon still makes me nervous.

Wang has been great. Seriously, where would we be without this guy? Hopefully he can keep it up and keep the Yankees in ball games.

Lineup wise, we just need to become much more consistent. Jeter's had a good year and Cano's developing into a solid 2nd baseman. Arods having a great year as is Sheff and Matsui.

Whats gotten into Giambi? He's earned his spot as the every day first baseman. The guy gets on base and has had somed pretty clutch hits for us.

Posada sucks. Platoon him and FLahery.

Womack is useless unless he's pinch running. Him and Bernie in center I guess is the way we'll be going. Bernies bat is ok I guess.

Tino as a defensive first basemen is nice to have in close games late. Ruben and him can DH.

Hopefully the Yankees can keep this up and keep the bats alive.

the only thing i would add is that Womack needs to find a permanent place on the bench. pinch running and bunt situations only from here on out.

if the yankees are going to get such little production from womack they might as well bring up cabrera to play CF and DH bernie.

i do believe that the Yanks needed the boost of this great streak and i hope it continues ...but that being said there are like 81 games left ... so anything can happen... We could win the division by 10 :D Since the beginning of May , the Yanks have picked up 8 or 9 games on Baltimore...and frankly they havent played well..

still too much time left

but i do agree ...this four game streak is VERY NICE!! :mrgreen:=D>

You are better "streaking" AFTER the all-star break. Nothing like a break in the middle of a "streak" to end said streak... :wink: :lol::lol:

we will see about that darlin ;) i predict the "streak" continues... they got their groove on ... as i just heard Arod say in the post game ... "something to build on" :D

Archived