2007 draft "do over"

1stand2nd

Here's (www.gbnreport.com/2007draftredo.html) an interesting look at the 2007 draft. A hypothetical do over if the teams knew then what they know now about last year's crop of draftees. Revis and Harris come in at 5 and 11. Pretty good!

These guys have worked out very well. But as I watch playoff football I see so many guys that were drafted in the low rounds who are contributing on good teams. So I wonder at the strategy of a bad team (the Jets) trading so many players to move up to select two players. In hindsight it has worked out extremely well for the Jets but it was undoubtedly a very risky strategy.

These guys have worked out very well. But as I watch playoff football I see so many guys that were drafted in the low rounds who are contributing on good teams. So I wonder at the strategy of a bad team (the Jets) trading so many players to move up to select two players. In hindsight it has worked out extremely well for the Jets but it was undoubtedly a very risky strategy.

Yeah. I think for one year their stategy of moving up for quality players was OK. I don't want to see them do it again this year, though. As everyone knows, we've got a lot of holes to fill. We need 2 OL, 1 OLB, 1 NT, 1 CB, 1 ILB, 1 DE, 1 WR, 1 QB, 1RB, at least. That's 10 players right there. I know (hope) some of those needs will be met in FA, but we still need all the draft picks we can get.

The Jets 2007 draft was easily better than the 2006 draft. Harris and Revis will both become pro-bowlers while the 2006 draft has only one player (Mangold) who I could see making the pro bowl.

That being said the Thomas Jones trade still sucked because the Jets could have still taken Harris at 37 and kept their other 2nd round pick which could have been used on an offsensive of defensive lineman.

That being said the Thomas Jones trade still sucked because the Jets could have still taken Harris at 37 and kept their other 2nd round pick which could have been used on an offsensive of defensive lineman.

In retrospect you are so right. Especially when you watch guys like Grant and Bradshaw have so much success. The good teams in the NFL have good lines.

Archived