This "No true Jet fan would root for Team A or B" has to stop

I will say this... I am a dire hard jet fan.... wait out there with about 30 others for the drat to start 8 hours before is starts... I bleed green and white.. and I wil make this statement.. Because its the truth...

NO REAL JET FAN CAN ROOT FOR THE PATS... NO WAY..

THATS LIKE BEING A MET FAN AND THE WORL SERIES IS THE YANKS VS THE BRAVES?

Rooting for US currency-boxes, lay the points, etc.

my thoughts exactly when Tynes made that kick.

question for Yankee fans....Red Sox vs Mets World Series, who ya root for?

same scenerio here. your crosstown rival against your hated division rival.

Wah, wah, wah?

See, if you actually had respect here, I'd might pay some more attention to this post, but the little that I did I noticed this:

You clearly did not read my first post. I am not bashing those who wish to root for the Giants if its a Giants-Patriots game. If your Mommy is a Giants fan and you wish to root for them, so be it. My post was about, no matter who a person roots for, if its a Giants-Patriots game, there should be no reason to be bashing other posters who are rooting for the team you are not. That is what my post was about.

Now, can I help you with your Hooked On Phonics?

how could anyone root for the pats? how can you be a jets fan? they are in the same division. who cares about the giants?

my thoughts exactly when Tynes made that kick.

question for Yankee fans....Red Sox vs Mets World Series, who ya root for?

same scenerio here. your crosstown rival against your hated division rival.

well... Im a mets fan. and there is no way the mets are the yankees rival. we are just an abscess on the yankees butt.

Baseball is different, from a rooting perspective, than the NFL. In baseball there is much more American League or National League identity and loyalty. As a Yankee fan, I pretty much only care about the AL teams. When Boston played the Mets in the world series I had to root for the AL team. The NFL has so much interleague scheduling that that sort of rooting interest does not exist. I'm from NJ so if the Jets are out of it and the Giants are in, I'm rooting for the local team.

Archived