This "No true Jet fan would root for Team A or B" has to stop

Listen, if the Super Bowl turns out to be Patriots against Giants, you will have some Jets fans rooting for New England and others for the Giants. There are reasons on both sides to root for or not to root for either team, but lets try to keep it civil here and not get into a words debate about who is a true fan or not because they prefer Eli Manning's jockstrap to Tom Brady's, or vice versa.

BTW, if that is the matchup in Super Bowl XLII... Go Pats!

This weekend I am rooting for the Patriots because Philip Rivers is an ass and I want to see him embarrassed.

I am rooting for the Packers because one of my best friends is from WI and a huge fan.

I also picked both in the Pool.

If the Giants go to the Super Bowl, I will root for them.

BZ

That is the second game that Rivers has been jawing with people. The first was against Denver this year while he was trashing talking from the sidelines. Now, in Indy, he jaws with fans while leaving and after they won.

He is an ass. That is classless and for an NFL QB not to get it and just shut up is crap.

Do your talking ON the field, to the other players.

He is an ass and as much as I hate the Pats, Brady has 10 times more class.

BZ

Listen, if the Super Bowl turns out to be Patriots against Giants, you will have some Jets fans rooting for New England and others for the Giants. There are reasons on both sides to root for or not to root for either team, but lets try to keep it civil here and not get into a words debate about who is a true fan or not because they prefer Eli Manning's jockstrap to Tom Brady's, or vice versa.

wah, wah, wah! Sorry I can't root for the Patsies, aint gonna happen. Alot of friends and family are Giants fans and although I hate them too I'd root for the Giants. They root for the Jets when they aren't playing the Giants. As for the Pats, they are a division team! Sorry I can't root for them!

Phillip River's has to lose the "Rabbit Ears"..its part of playing in the NFL..The opposing fans are hostile..Keep your mouth shut and concentrate on the task at hand..You ever see Brady, Peyton or any QB with (the exception of Favre who lets face it is an American hero loved by all) yapping back at fans..Leave that smack talkin for wide receivers and cornerbacks..its their job..hahaha..Phil need to mature here a little.

wah, wah, wah! Sorry I can't root for the Patsies, aint gonna happen. Alot of friends and family are Giants fans and although I hate them too I'd root for the Giants. They root for the Jets when they aren't playing the Giants. As for the Pats, they are a division team! Sorry I can't root for them!

Wah, wah, wah?

See, if you actually had respect here, I'd might pay some more attention to this post, but the little that I did I noticed this:

You clearly did not read my first post. I am not bashing those who wish to root for the Giants if its a Giants-Patriots game. If your Mommy is a Giants fan and you wish to root for them, so be it. My post was about, no matter who a person roots for, if its a Giants-Patriots game, there should be no reason to be bashing other posters who are rooting for the team you are not. That is what my post was about.

Now, can I help you with your Hooked On Phonics?

Wah, wah, wah?

See, if you actually had respect here, I'd might pay some more attention to this post, but the little that I did I noticed this:

You clearly did not read my first post. I am not bashing those who wish to root for the Giants if its a Giants-Patriots game. If your Mommy is a Giants fan and you wish to root for them, so be it. My post was about, no matter who a person roots for, if its a Giants-Patriots game, there should be no reason to be bashing other posters who are rooting for the team you are not. That is what my post was about.

Now, can I help you with your Hooked On Phonics?

That is what i got from it. I threw the wah, wah, wah in because it sounded like you were whining!

well, if you didnt start the first thread, it would have never gotten this far.

I accept responsibility for being the first to say you cant be a real jets fan if you root for the pats.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=754949#post754949

but I still cant understand..... sorry. its a hated division rival.

You want to talk about having to listen to another team's fans??? come live up here in Mass. Its been a real pleasure this season. But I keep em at bay. How? Yeah, Jets suck. Pats are really good. Yep.. See, that was easy. And I didnt have to sell my soul.

You Giants haters dont know how easy you have it. If they start trash talking, give em the ol Eli retarded look. That will shut them up.

But I support you in asking for the bashing to stop. Its not fair to those brain-damaged jets fans who think its ok to root for the pats.

:P

bulls##t! No New Yorker(or jerseyan) should EVER root for a boston team.

124, hand in your jersey id and move to boston with gainzo, you are no longer welcome in the NY metro area.

Go GIANTS --

The fans here -- Cowboys Texans ect ect are like -- DUH I tought you were a Jets fan --

Bottom LIne - I am a die hard Jets fan but I have no problem pulling for the Giants especially

since were now playing golf - only difference is when the Jets lose I am pissed off for days

but if the Giants lose - I just shrugg my shoulders and really dont give a rats ass

no shame in that -- BUt I never ever would root for the Pats -- screw that AFC/NFC crap

Phillip Rivers is not an ass. I hate that everybody is riping him, He is a good guy I met him when my sister was in school at NC State. Brady is the ass!

agree,,he is a nice kid off the field..

very cordial, family man since college..

have seen/met him quite a few times at restaurants etc. when he lived here and was always a nice kid...

his parents lived right close to me and GreenBeans ..his Dad was coach at High School GreenBeans kids wil lgo to some day I beleive,,a good family...

bulls##t! No New Yorker(or jerseyan) should EVER root for a boston team.

124, hand in your jersey id and move to boston with gainzo, you are no longer welcome in the NY metro area.

Sorry, I'd rather deal with Gainzo and his brother than all the a-hole Giant fans that live here in Northern New Jersey.

I've hated the Giants much, much longer than I've hated the Pats.

The only time I'd root for the Patriots is if it was going to help the Jets or if they were to face the Giants in the Super Bowl. Those are the only times.

As for today: GO PACK GO and LETS GO SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS!

no true Jet fan would root for the Patriots

Although I too would never root for the Pats I disagree with the statement.

There are understandable circumstances in which it's okay IMO. For example I can understand if someone hated the Giants or another team even more (like 124) and had good reason to.

but otherwise, I was brought up learning that Satan is evil.;-)

As I've stated many, many times, in my opinion, it is different if you live outside the New Jersey / New York area. You grew up to hate the Giants fans, if you were a Jets fan or a fan of anyone else. My hatred for the Patriots didn't come until about 2003, 2004, because before then I was a big fan of Drew Bledsoe and Curtis Martin on the Pats, and 2001 was just, what I thought at the time, a fluke season.

The Giants? Psh. I came into a family full of Giants fans who that themselves and their team were all that. F them. F the Giants.

That is the second game that Rivers has been jawing with people. The first was against Denver this year while he was trashing talking from the sidelines. Now, in Indy, he jaws with fans while leaving and after they won.

He is an ass. That is classless and for an NFL QB not to get it and just shut up is crap.

Do your talking ON the field, to the other players.

He is an ass and as much as I hate the Pats, Brady has 10 times more class.

BZ

you know who else liked to talk trash? Mark Gasteineu

As I've stated many, many times, in my opinion, it is different if you live outside the New Jersey / New York area. You grew up to hate the Giants fans, if you were a Jets fan or a fan of anyone else. My hatred for the Patriots didn't come until about 2003, 2004, because before then I was a big fan of Drew Bledsoe and Curtis Martin on the Pats, and 2001 was just, what I thought at the time, a fluke season.

The Giants? Psh. I came into a family full of Giants fans who that themselves and their team were all that. F them. F the Giants.

I grew up in the heart of North Jersey. 15 min from the stadium leased by both teams but gets the other teams name on it! Yea, I used to hate the Giants and all their fans, but I've matured and found out alot of Giant fans root for the Jets too, in fact alot of them were Nameth fans growin up!! So I root for the home team if they are NOT playing the Jets. And When they loose I still chuckle inside, and wish they never have a better record than the Jets!

We(Jets and Giants fans) still poke fun at each other, but can actually sit down and have a deep real discussion about football!

Now, don't get me wrong. There are still those certain Giants fans that are real A$$*&les and I just don't associate with them!!

:pats:

no need to worry 124...Green Bay will be playing Diego

I am rooting for whoever is playing the Patriots 24/7 365 days a year. also want the Giants to win.

If it's a Giants/Pats SuperBowl and you're rooting for the Pats, you are either under 20 years old or out of your mind.

I am rooting for whoever is playing the Patriots 24/7 365 days a year. also want the Giants to win.

If it's a Giants/Pats SuperBowl and you're rooting for the Pats, you are either under 20 years old or out of your mind.

I guess I'm out of my mind because I haven't seen 20 years old in 3 decades. Listen, everyone has their own particular reason for everything they do and say...this is no exception. 37 years of living in S FL and I'm sick of the Dolphin fans and their freaking undefeated season...that's their only bragging right. It will kill them to share that feat...and on another personal note, I may dislike some Patsie fans, but I hate dolfag fans...all of them.

Although I too would never root for the Pats I disagree with the statement.

There are understandable circumstances in which it's okay IMO. For example I can understand if someone hated the Giants or another team even more (like 124) and had good reason to.

but otherwise, I was brought up learning that Satan is evil.;-)

there are no circumstances unless it would help the Jets make the playoffs.

If you hate the Giants too, then don't root for either team if that's how the Super Bowl ends up. I've lived in the Tri-State area all my life and I would never root for the Cheatriots. I know plenty of Giants fans.

Yeah, because there was reason to hate the Patriots from 1995 or before then. :eek:

Out of your mind? More like the people who live in this area that root for the Giants, that arn't Giant fans are out of their minds. People who know Giants fans know they are f'ing useless, old, morons. I wish nothing but the worst for that organization and its morgue of a fanbase.

Archived