I Think I'm Going To Vomit

The Gun Of Bavaria

Adding 4 more teams to the playoffs? Why bother, just have a playoff tournament at the end of the even more meaningless regular season. What a god damned joke.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2104511

Whenever the NHL returns, it could look a lot different.

USA Today reported Saturday that the league is contemplating several changes, including adding four playoff teams and eliminating both the red line and tie games.

In a league memo obtained by USA Today, director of hockey operations Colin Campbell outlined 13 possible rules changes that are being considered by the newly-formed rules committee, which is comprised of players, general managers and an owner.

Campbell's memo said the rules changes would "let the skill players play, increase scoring chances, maintain physicality of [the] game, take away defensive team's tools [and] give to offense, [change the] culture [and] entertain."

According to USA Today, some of the proposals include allowing zero tolerance for interference away from the puck; reducing the size of goaltending equipment and limiting how goalies can handle the puck; ejecting players who get an instigator penalty in the game's final five minutes; and giving players who shoot the puck into the stands from the defensive end a two-minute penalty; altering the icing rule; and eliminating tie games by first going to a four-on-four five-minute overtime period, then playing three minutes of three-on-three and finally switching to a three-man shootout if the score is still tied. The memo also suggests two points for a win and no points for an overtime loss, although that is expected to face heavy opposition.

Adding 4 more teams to the playoffs? Why bother, just have a playoff tournament at the end of the even more meaningless regular season. What a god damned joke.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2104511

Whenever the NHL returns, it could look a lot different.

USA Today reported Saturday that the league is contemplating several changes, including adding four playoff teams and eliminating both the red line and tie games.

In a league memo obtained by USA Today, director of hockey operations Colin Campbell outlined 13 possible rules changes that are being considered by the newly-formed rules committee, which is comprised of players, general managers and an owner.

Campbell's memo said the rules changes would "let the skill players play, increase scoring chances, maintain physicality of [the] game, take away defensive team's tools [and] give to offense, [change the] culture [and] entertain."

According to USA Today, some of the proposals include allowing zero tolerance for interference away from the puck; reducing the size of goaltending equipment and limiting how goalies can handle the puck; ejecting players who get an instigator penalty in the game's final five minutes; and giving players who shoot the puck into the stands from the defensive end a two-minute penalty; altering the icing rule; and eliminating tie games by first going to a four-on-four five-minute overtime period, then playing three minutes of three-on-three and finally switching to a three-man shootout if the score is still tied. The memo also suggests two points for a win and no points for an overtime loss, although that is expected to face heavy opposition.

So let me get this straight....now it is MORE LIKELY THAN NOT to make the playoffs in a PROFESSIONAL SPORT?? That's like those stupid races people have for kids in which everyone gets a trophy. Not to mention, as was previously stated, the playoffs will last longer than the regular season. :shock:

C'mon NHL...we want you back, but we want you back with some DIGNITY.

So let me get this straight....now it is MORE LIKELY THAN NOT to make the playoffs in a PROFESSIONAL SPORT?? That's like those stupid races people have for kids in which everyone gets a trophy. Not to mention, as was previously stated, the playoffs will last longer than the regular season. :shock:

C'mon NHL...we want you back, but we want you back with some DIGNITY.

Why have a regular season - just have playoffs as long as just about every team in the league will make the playoffs anyway. This is a sham if true and the reason of cousre is financial- the teams will make money from the playoff added games could be the difference between being in the black or red for them

Why have a regular season - just have playoffs as long as just about every team in the league will make the playoffs anyway. This is a sham if true and the reason of cousre is financial- the teams will make money from the playoff added games could be the difference between being in the black or red for them

My brother in law just came up on the list for Red Wings Season Tix which I had agreed to go in on with him. If they pull this sh*t I'm off the list, period. The NHL season is close to being meaningless as it is, expanding the playoff field would make it official.

I agree with you faba. How about the entire season is just the playoffs.

My brother in law just came up on the list for Red Wings Season Tix which I had agreed to go in on with him. If they pull this sh*t I'm off the list, period. The NHL season is close to being meaningless as it is, expanding the playoff field would make it official.

I agree with you faba. How about the entire season is just the playoffs.

Archived