Anyone else have back problems?

PhinHater

I go to the chiro. on a regular basis, but I still always get lower back pain...and it's not minor either. Does anyone else get lower back pain?

Have you taken any medicine to help it? I take Tylenol or back pain relief medicine, but that doesn't last too long.

Just curious...

I go to the chiro. on a regular basis, but I still always get lower back pain...and it's not minor either. Does anyone else get lower back pain?

Have you taken any medicine to help it? I take Tylenol or back pain relief medicine, but that doesn't last too long.

Just curious...

I have horrible back pain and have for the past 4 months almost. Stress can be a large factor, which is likely what is causing mine. I find Aleve works best for over the counter meds. I take 2 Aleve and 2 Advil 2-3 times a day. I'm sure my liver loves me right now. Excercise is probably the best thing to relieve the pain. I find the more active I am, the better it feels. Problem is most of what I do requires sitting down. If this persists much longer I will go to the orthopedic surgeon and get the epidural steroid injection. For now I use a chiro, excercise, and OTC pills.

Maybe its the way you sit? Alot of times when I'm on the computer I tend to slouch over, and its puts a strain on my lower back....and it kills me the next day. Just a thought...I use Aleve or some extra strength Tylenol.

I have horrible back pain and have for the past 4 months almost. Stress can be a large factor, which is likely what is causing mine. I find Aleve works best for over the counter meds. I take 2 Aleve and 2 Advil 2-3 times a day. I'm sure my liver loves me right now. Excercise is probably the best thing to relieve the pain. I find the more active I am, the better it feels. Problem is most of what I do requires sitting down. If this persists much longer I will go to the orthopedic surgeon and get the epidural steroid injection. For now I use a chiro, excercise, and OTC pills.

Thanks man. I'll gave to give the Aleve a shot. I have no clue what causes mine. I could say it used to be stress, but that has gone down since I started my new job...

Thanks!

Maybe its the way you sit? Alot of times when I'm on the computer I tend to slouch over, and its puts a strain on my lower back....and it kills me the next day. Just a thought...

I thought about that and even got a new chair with better support and there has been no change...

I have hurt my upper back (by my neck) and i think that was due to leaning over looking at the monitor and keyboard.

I thought about that and even got a new chair with better support and there has been no change...

I have hurt my upper back (by my neck) and i think that was due to leaning over looking at the monitor and keyboard.

Yeah same here....I bought a new chair, however I still tend to sit wrong its like a force of habit. If you're leaning over for your keyboard and monitor more than likely thats why your getting that pain IMO.

Just curious...

lose weight PH-I've lost 25 lbs and my back stopped hurting

just started taking the fuco, how long before you started seeing results

a week afos...stick with it bro and if you even only lose 2 lbs a week trust me in a month you'll actually start seeing dramatic results-I'm right around the Mendoza line (200) now down from 225 1/2

youre right Bob...I have a protruding disc at L-5....you just have to suck it up and be a man..

I concur ( I learned that word in another thread)

I don't doubt there are many reasons for back pain but a large majority is due to exactly that 13, a bulged disc being that sac between each bone in the vertebrae. the bulges higher up cause a lot of neck pain.

while this is a bad place for good medical advice, my personal experience with back pain says stay from chiropractors.

for bulged discs, you need an anti inflammatory from a doctor in order to bring the swelling down along with painkillers til the swelling subsides coupled with a lot of rest

my experience with back pain was on 2 occasions & was crippling painwise but went away after a few weeks. I don't suffer from ongoing backpain thankfully. i feel for those who do though

I concur ( I learned that word in another thread)

I don't doubt there are many reasons for back pain but a large majority is due to exactly that 13, a bulged disc being that sac between each bone in the vertebrae. the bulges higher up cause a lot of neck pain.

while this is a bad place for good medical advice, my personal experience with back pain says stay from chiropractors.

for bulged discs, you need an anti inflammatory from a doctor in order to bring the swelling down along with painkillers til the swelling subsides coupled with a lot of rest

my experience with back pain was on 2 occasions & was crippling painwise but went away after a few weeks. I don't suffer from ongoing backpain thankfully. i feel for those who do though

LOL. There has been a lot of concurring today!

My fiance is going to pick me up some Aleve...hoping that will work best so far.

Ugh...

Just curious...

I have Degenarative Disc Disease(Wat Jay Novacek has). I am on prescription meds for the pain. It sucks. There is nothing you can do. You can take Aleve Tylenol, etc, but you will have to take more and more over time to help with the pain. Best bet is to see a doctor for it. Get an MRI so they can treat it right. I have my back manipulated and it helps for 2-3 days then it is screwed again.

How old are you? If you're below say 45 or so, I think weight lifting targeted for your back could really help, provided the routine you're given is tailored around the problem and for rehabilitative purposes.

I also think running on hard surfaces is a terrible idea, no matter how good your shoes are. I swear by running on grass or dirt tracks, and also sprinting. I think the human body can handle major collisions over a very short period of time far better than less impact but over a longer amount of time.

Also sleep is very important. Both the amount you are getting and also on what surface. My father swears on sleeping on the floor. The dude is over 50 but seemingly hasn't slowed down a bit. He keeps himself in shape by doing a little amount of activity but consistently, nothing too consuming.

Archived