What about Alge Crumpler?

RSJ

He had a down year last year stats wise - but the interesting thing is he had good games after Bobby Patrino was gone (WK 16 & 17). I think he would be a great addition. He is 30 right now and can block and catch. Two TE sets with him and Baker would be great.

I said the same thing when the Shockey rumour started 2 TE formations.Actually Shockey could line up as a WR similiar to Matt Jones.

We have way more needs than another TE was the consensus.

Shockey though would probably require a trade. We shouldn't have to invest too much into Crumpler. He's a very good TE and I'd actually like to see us go after him. Good blocker too, very good.

I also think that there are TE's to be had for less money and fill the 2nd TE role, like:

Eric Johnson

Marcus Pollard

Jermaine Wiggins (getting up there in age, but should still be a good backup)

and Ben Troupe

to name a few.

Thoughts on any of these guys?

I also think that there are TE's to be had for less money and fill the 2nd TE role, like:

Eric Johnson

Marcus Pollard

and Ben Troupe

to name a few.

I thought of those guys. Eric Johnson is prolly the best of the bunch - but he is injury prone. Troupe is an underperformer and Pollard and Wiggens are both older. That's why I like Crumpler the best.

The thing is though we have Baker, who has great hands (if they ever learn to throw to him), and a serviceable blocker.

I think when it comes to TE's this Free Agency it should be someone who is a good blocker with servicable hands.

Now I dont know what kind of blocker Crumpler is, but now that he has been released he is easily the best of the bunch. We just need as many good blockers as we can to protect the QB and open running lanes.

Regardless, would be nice to see him as a member of the Jets, can never have too many weapons.

The thing is though we have Baker, who has great hands (if they ever learn to throw to him), and a serviceable blocker.

I think when it comes to TE's this Free Agency it should be someone who is a good blocker with servicable hands.

Now I dont know what kind of blocker Crumpler is, but now that he has been released he is easily the best of the bunch. We just need as many good blockers as we can to protect the QB and open running lanes.

Regardless, would be nice to see him as a member of the Jets, can never have too many weapons.

I wouldn't mind having him either, but would like the o line fixed via free agency first and foremost!!

I thought of those guys. Eric Johnson is prolly the best of the bunch - but he is injury prone. Troupe is an underperformer and Pollard and Wiggens are both older. That's why I like Crumpler the best.

Look who Crumpler had throwing him the ball though-Harrington among others.

Eric Johnson

Marcus Pollard

and Ben Troupe

to name a few.

Crumpler is significantly better than all of them. If Crumpler can be had for a 2 or 3 year deal that isn't expensive then signing him is a no-brainer.

I agree that Crumpler is leagues ahead of all of those guys, but attention has to be paid to the oline, otherwise we'd be wasting Crumpler's abilities, much like they are doing with Baker who is forced to stay back and chip blitzers.

I agree our O-line sucks but if you have two good tight ends you can actually help the o-line situation by running double-te sets where one of them helps Ferguson block his man or pick up the blitz.

Nobody wants the O-line to be neglected. It is actually conceivable that the O-line could be fixed meanwhile the Jets add another good TE like Crumpler.

Archived