jets must fraft a q.b.

jets rooter

after watching clemens this past season.I know that he cannot succeed as a starting q.b. in the nfl.the jets should realize their mistake and go foward with the draft.here are my picks for the jets.

1-vernon gholston o.l.b. a real tough dude

2-andre woodson q.b. a future budding star

3-red bryant d.t. he dominated in the senior bowl

4-marcus monk w.r. has the height and the moves

5-robert felton o.g. was a great help to mcfadden

6-robbie krutilla center has all the tools to succeed

7-dexter manley jr.d.e. left early from oregon [remember his papa]

after watching clemens this past season.I know that he cannot succeed as a starting q.b. in the nfl.the jets should realize their mistake and go foward with the draft.here are my picks for the jets.

I don't know half these players, the only position I can say no to is center. And Dexter Manleys kid at 7th round? Why not, if he can play nywhere near his father burning a 7th round pick on hi wn't hurt!

So you can basically do what no other scout in the league can do?? You can judge a QB, with a playbook designed for a different QB, no offensive line, his recievers constantly hurt and a shoddy run game, which is a refelction mainly on our oline?? I know you could like the upside of andre woodson, but theres flaws in his mechanics and you'd basically be drafting another high second round QB to replace our other high 2nd round qb who hasn't had a fair shot in starting.

I like picks 1-5, becuaes i don't know much about 6 and 7. I think Marcus monk could be a bit early until we see what he runs in the combine. Until i see his shuttle, cone drill etc. I will remain very hesitant about his agility and ability to get separation at the next level. I would replace woodson with whoever is the BPA, but i think after this weeks combine we'll have a better feel for what players values are.

If were going to draft a QB this sure as hell aint the year to do it. The only one who I see really developing into something is Matt Ryan, the rest I would avoid unless it's a very low pick.

look at the q.b.s. that were drafted last year.there is noyhing special about them

look at the q.b.s. that were drafted last year.there is noyhing special about them

You blatantly say that Clemens isn't the answer and then recommend we draft Woodson???!!:mad0259: Then you go on about the QB's last year (most of whom have barely played), and tout this year's monumentally weak class? In fact, there has not been such a weak QB draft class since Pennington was drafted. Matt Ryan is mehhhh at best, and guys projected to go in the 3rd and 4th like Brohm and Booty are not much worse than Ryan.

Give Clemens one more chance with a better line, then let's see if we need a QB. This is not the year to draft a QB, Matt Ryan may be the best of the bunch and the Jets have other needs. If we are going to gamble in the later rounds let's do it trying to fill a need.

You blatantly say that Clemens isn't the answer and then recommend we draft Woodson???!!:mad0259: Then you go on about the QB's last year (most of whom have barely played), and tout this year's monumentally weak class? In fact, there has not been such a weak QB draft class since Pennington was drafted. Matt Ryan is mehhhh at best, and guys projected to go in the 3rd and 4th like Brohm and Booty are not much worse than Ryan.

And ironically Bulger & Brady both came out that draft in round 6.

Let's see what, if anything, we get offered for Chad. If it's a 4th or better I grab it. He's not leading the 2008 Jets to the superbowl even if he beats Clemens out in camp anyway, and then we'll just let him go the following year.

Go with Clemens for a year for better or for worse. It almost doesn't matter b/c of the way our FO has neglected the lines by using patchwork or misfit talent there. While it's not impossible that we address a LG, RG, RT, NT, DE, ILB, and OLB in this one off-season, I wouldn't hold my breath. Get as much as we can this year & hopefully we can finish addressing all those positions by next year's draft/off-season. By that time we should know if Clemens is hopeless, the real deal, or in-between in terms of not-great-but-good-enough / not-awful-but-not-good-enough.

We need a new DT and DE. The thought of putting two rookies on a 3-man line is absurd.

We need at a MINIMUM a RT and LG for 2007. But we also need a RG going forward & if D'Brick still shows "growing pains" after 3 full seasons I'd either move him to guard or trade him; it would at least mean he's probably not the answer we were seeking at LT.

Then we also need a pass-rusher to replace the non-pass-rush that Hobson gave us. And an ILB b/c Vilma clearly sucks at it. ILB can probably wait 1 more year b/c we do have Barton under contract for 1 more season for what that's worth & don't need the '08 cap space his release would add.

We could use another CB opposite Revis as well. Best-case scenario is Dyson gets his head out of his ass & we have him & Revis as starters with Poteat at nickel. But who knows really. I see that as less of a desperate situation than the lines.

We could also use a FB but that shouldn't take away too much from our other plans in terms of draft picks and/or FA addition(s).

TE is good enough if we just get a #2-talent TE.

RB - hey I'd like an upgrade from Jones but this is the decision the FO made. To tie up $14M/yr at RB with mediocrity at OL & defensive front-7 is insanity. You don't "groom" a top-talent RB for the position; you INSERT him in as starter if he's all that. No one keeps a $5M/yr backup RB.

The lines concern me a hell of a lot more than QB for '08. Because absent some good protection, it won't matter anyway. Compound that with no prospects that people are going ga-ga over.

Archived