Islanders playoff push thread!!!!

NYjet10

THE ****EN ISLANDERS DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COMRIE WINS IT IN THE SHOOTOUT!!!!!!!!!!!

5 IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OVECHKIN MISSED AN OPEN NET HIT 2 POST AND HIT THE POST IN THE SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10TH PLACE, 1 POINT OUT OF 9TH, 8TH AND 7TH!!!!!!!!!!!

3 POINTS OUT OF 6TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF PHILLY LOSES TO SJ AND BOSTON LOSSES TO FLORIDA AND WE WIN TOMORROW WE'll BE IN SEVENTH AND 1 BEHIND THE RAGS FOR 6TH!!!!!!!!!!

BTW WE WERE DOWN 2-0 AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****EN 5 IN A ROW!!!!!!! 6 GAMES IN A ROW WITH POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!

ISLES WIN 1-0!!!!!!!!!

IF I WAS 21 I WOULD HAVE TO OPEN A 6PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A WHOLE CASE EQUALS OUR WINNING STREAK!!!!!!!!!!!

DP WITH THE SHUTOUT!!!!!!!!!!!

4 OUT OF 4 ON A BACK TO BACK!!!!!!!!

WERE IN A PLAYOFF SEED, AND ONE POINT BEHIND THE RANGERS:)!!!!!!!!

ISLES WIN 1-0!!!!!!!!!

IF I WAS 21 I WOULD HAVE TO OPEN A 6PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A WHOLE CASE EQUALS OUR WINNING STREAK!!!!!!!!!!!

DP WITH THE SHUTOUT!!!!!!!!!!!

4 OUT OF 4 ON A BACK TO BACK!!!!!!!!

WERE IN A PLAYOFF SEED, AND ONE POINT BEHIND THE RANGERS:)!!!!!!!!

you would figure with 24 wins in a row, you would be in the playoffs???

amazing to me that the Devils are 1st in the conference with having 4 points all year vs NYI & NYR. if they would have won just 2 of those games earlier, they would have a 5 pt lead right now. oh well, they could be the Isles and be on the outside lookin in!

good to see you back here mike...been lonely in here as the only Devil fan posting.

you would figure with 24 wins in a row, you would be in the playoffs???

amazing to me that the Devils are 1st in the conference with having 4 points all year vs NYI & NYR. if they would have won just 2 of those games earlier, they would have a 5 pt lead right now. oh well, they could be the Isles and be on the outside lookin in!

good to see you back here mike...been lonely in here as the only Devil fan posting.

You guys were hungry to finally beat us, and it worked. In the third period you guys took adavantage of our crumbled defense due to injuries. You guys were the first team to exploit our defensive problems since our guys went down. Marty was being Marty. He stole 2 goals from us(Miro's breakaway, and Jova's move on the 2 on 1) Marty did make other very good saves, but those 2 were obviously the turning point. We didn't play well you guys did. For the first time in a couple of games the breaks didn't go our way. We couldn't clear the puck! All 4 goals were on screw ups the most hurtful one was Bergero going down then the puck going off his stick in. That pass wasn't gonna do anything, but luck made it work. Now there will be no more you cant beat us to anyone:shutit:.

Guys I did it all my head we have a great chance at being in the 6th seed after all of Thursday's games!

Tomorrow- Buffalo vs Philly Buffalo wins

feb 26- Ottawa vs Boston Ottawa wins, Isles vs Pitt Isles win

feb 27- Nashville vs Buffalo Nashville wins

feb 28- Pitt vs Boston Pitt wins, Ottawa vs Philly Ottawa wins( this game doesent really matter because were laready on top of philly), Carolina vs Rangers Carolina wins, Isles vs Atlanta Isles win.

If that all happens, and it's possible we will be in the 6th seed by one point!!!!!!!!

If either Boston or Rangers wins one of their games then we'll be in the 7th seed by a poin, 1 point out of 6th!

WERE STILL VERY MUCH ALIVE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

You guys were hungry to finally beat us, and it worked. In the third period you guys took adavantage of our crumbled defense due to injuries. You guys were the first team to exploit our defensive problems since our guys went down. Marty was being Marty. He stole 2 goals from us(Miro's breakaway, and Jova's move on the 2 on 1) Marty did make other very good saves, but those 2 were obviously the turning point. We didn't play well you guys did. For the first time in a couple of games the breaks didn't go our way. We couldn't clear the puck! All 4 goals were on screw ups the most hurtful one was Bergero going down then the puck going off his stick in. That pass wasn't gonna do anything, but luck made it work. Now there will be no more you cant beat us to anyone:shutit:.

Why would a first place team be hungry to beat a last place team? It was just another game.

Why would a first place team be hungry to beat a last place team? It was just another game.

Because you guys were 0-5-1 in your last 6 games against us. Marty, and Sutter wanted this win a lot. You guys didn't want to put your selves in a situation where you could be swept.

Because you guys were 0-5-1 in your last 6 games against us. Marty, and Sutter wanted this win a lot. You guys didn't want to put your selves in a situation where you could be swept.

Who cares about 5 fluke games? It's not like it's gonna be part of any tiebreaker. The devils are going one way and the icelanders are going the other.

Who cares about 5 fluke games? It's not like it's gonna be part of any tiebreaker. The devils are going one way and the icelanders are going the other.

I never said the Islanders are doing better. I know the Devils will finish much higher than us. I'm saying go to any Devil player and coach and say did you really want to beat the Islanders to avoid a possible sweep later on? They'll all say yes we really wanted that win.

Also losing those 5 to us, and 5 to the Rags doesent help your bid for the top spot in the east. If you guys finish the season against us and the rags combined 2-13-1 and u miss the top spot in the east or the division by 5 or less points you guys will be kicking yourselves in the asses. Hell if you guys miss the division or the #1 seed by an amount of points it doesent matter how your season series ends vs us and the rags, because if you guys miss the division or #1 by any amount of points 5 and under the isles and rags will be laughing they screwed you guys.

did I miss something...since when do the Devils play the Isles & Rangers 8 times each???

BTW...excellent win by the Devils today. back to back day games, 4 points. NICE!

Look at the schedule we've played eachother 6 times, and we each have 1 more home game VS eachother.

And you guys have played the Rags 5 times. You guys have 2 more home games VS them and one in the Garden.

;)

While the Islanders are on the outside looking in the Rangers are closing in on the Devils and Penguins.

I really like this Freddie Sjostrom guy too. And Tuesday night's game is huge obviously. I'm gonna miss at least the 1st period of the game unfortunately.

Times running out NYJet10. 2 costly losses this weekend didn't help any. Right now we're on the outside looking in.

Oh well were going nowhere this year.

TOP 10 DRAFT PICK *clap clap* TOP 10 DRAFT PICK *clap clap* TOP 10 DRAFT PICK *clap clap*

Oh well next year is a new year hopefully we get a couple of top signings this summer, and a strong top 10 draft pick;)

Next year the kid line will emerge into a very talented line, and i'm excited to watch these kids, as they should be something special next year. Also hopefully Okposo lives up to the hype next year. A good draft, and a good FA this offseason will make us a very strong team next year.

Update: Rangers 4 points out division lead. Islanders on the outside looking in.

Look at my last post i'm aware the Islanders season is over!

but the Rags aren't winning the division. Henry isn't playing that well right now.

TOLD YOU SO!!!!!! Henrik is fine all those goals you got off of him were lucky pinball deflections. I told you you guys suck.

It's not that we suck, it's just we played inconsistent at bad times in the season. I look towards a good season next year, and unless the Rags get the 6th seed, they aren't winning the 1st round.

Look at my last post i'm aware the Islanders season is over!

but the Rags aren't winning the division. Henry isn't playing that well right now.

I was just stating the facts. And Henrik had another great game last night, as the Isles put a lot of pressure on the Rangers in the 2nd period but he stopped all the shots, except for that flukey bullsh*t goal by whoever.

The Rangers probably won't win the division, but they do have a chance. And right now there isn't one particularly dominant team in the East and the Rangers have been one of the hottest teams in the NHL lately, so if they keep this up through the rest of the season and into the playoffs, then who knows how far they might go.

It's not that we suck, it's just we played inconsistent at bad times in the season. I look towards a good season next year, and unless the Rags get the 6th seed, they aren't winning the 1st round.

The east is wide open they can beat any of the top 8 teams right now in a 7 game series dont be sorry because the islanders cant beat nobody period. The only thing you have going for you is that metro ice challenge or whatever they do on hockey night live. Its the only thing you losers are actually winning.

Oh well were going nowhere this year.

TOP 10 DRAFT PICK *clap clap* TOP 10 DRAFT PICK *clap clap* TOP 10 DRAFT PICK *clap clap*

Oh well next year is a new year hopefully we get a couple of top signings this summer, and a strong top 10 draft pick;)

Next year the kid line will emerge into a very talented line, and i'm excited to watch these kids, as they should be something special next year. Also hopefully Okposo lives up to the hype next year. A good draft, and a good FA this offseason will make us a very strong team next year.

is a 13 year old allowed to call ANY pro athlete a kid???

Did anybody really think that the Islanders were going to make the playoffs? The Flyers are so much improved this year, even though they're slumping lately, they should still make it, though the rest of their schedule is really tough. I knew from the start of the season that the Islanders had no chance, because the Flyers would have improved like crazy.

Did anybody really think that the Islanders were going to make the playoffs? The Flyers are so much improved this year, even though they're slumping lately, they should still make it, though the rest of their schedule is really tough. I knew from the start of the season that the Islanders had no chance, because the Flyers would have improved like crazy.

Your making it seem like the Islanders won't make the playoffs, because of the Flyers. One team doesen't make another team not make the plyoffs.

Archived