Wiz trade Kwame Brown to LA for Butler, Knicks land James

Matt39

Jerome James is a bum. The Knicks just landed Benoit Benjamin Jr.

Kwame Brown will never get it. Ever. If there is one real black mark on Jordan's record, it might be drafting Kwame Brown for the Wizards.

btw, I saw a nice write-up the other day about what a huge bust Channing Frye is. Reports out of Vegas are saying that he's impossibly soft. Aguirre says he'll work with him, but if there's one truth in all of sports, it is that you cannot take a soft player and make him tough. Toughness is innate in athletics. They should take Frye and send him to the Marines for two months.

A guy who is surprising is Nate Robinson. He is dominating that league--mostly by getting to the line because of his quickness. He would be a LEGEND in NYC if he can play at all. At Washington Robinson was not the primary ball-handler so there are still questions about how effective he will be at the 1 in the pros, but if he can come in and do his thing--defend, run the court, get to the hole--there will be cultists lining up for him.

On the Nets front, Antonio Wright is also sucking out there. His perimeter jumper has been reportedly brutal. Rod Thorn attributes it to not having a great summer league squad and no real PG to set him up properly. That may be true, but you would hope that Wright would see that and take it to the basket to get to the line more.

Jerome James is a bum. The Knicks just landed Benoit Benjamin Jr.

Kwame Brown will never get it. Ever. If there is one real black mark on Jordan's record, it might be drafting Kwame Brown for the Wizards.

btw, I saw a nice write-up the other day about what a huge bust Channing Frye is. Reports out of Vegas are saying that he's impossibly soft. Aguirre says he'll work with him, but if there's one truth in all of sports, it is that you cannot take a soft player and make him tough. Toughness is innate in athletics. They should take Frye and send him to the Marines for two months.

A guy who is surprising is Nate Robinson. He is dominating that league--mostly by getting to the line because of his quickness. He would be a LEGEND in NYC if he can play at all. At Washington Robinson was not the primary ball-handler so there are still questions about how effective he will be at the 1 in the pros, but if he can come in and do his thing--defend, run the court, get to the hole--there will be cultists lining up for him.

On the Nets front, Antonio Wright is also sucking out there. His perimeter jumper has been reportedly brutal. Rod Thorn attributes it to not having a great summer league squad and no real PG to set him up properly. That may be true, but you would hope that Wright would see that and take it to the basket to get to the line more.

James had one good series against the Kings in the payoffs that wrote him a big contract-great timing.

I have also been reading Robinson tearing up the summer league for the Knicks TS

I am worried about Wright the more I read about him the less thrilled about his selection by the Nets- he is not the answer as pure shooter that they could use. They needed to take some one to get bigger and more size down low

James had one good series against the Kings in the payoffs that wrote him a big contract-great timing.

I have also been reading Robinson tearing up the summer league for the Knicks TS

I am worried about Wright the more I read about him the less thrilled about his selection by the Nets- he is not the answer as pure shooter that they could use. They needed to take some one to get bigger and more size down low

Actually, I think Jordan's biggest black mark as a GM was trading Richard Hamilton to Detroit because Hamilton wasn't giving His Assholeness the ball enough.

Actually, I think Jordan's biggest black mark as a GM was trading Richard Hamilton to Detroit because Hamilton wasn't giving His Assholeness the ball enough.

Archived