Jets Vs Seattle Road Trip

Jetman_67

I know some of you are planning on adding Seattle to the Jets Roadtrips this coming season. I am working on finding some good pubs that are jets friendly close to Qwest Field. For the most part, tailgating is lame at Qwest field, but there are plenty of bars and restaraunts close by. I prefer Sluggers on Occidental Ave across from the Stadium.

The Pyramid Ale House and brewery is just around the corner and is visiting fan friendly. I am also keeping an eye on tickets for the game.

Seirously, anyone planning on this trip shoot me a pm if you have any questions about Seattle. I will be finding out as soon as possible which hotel the Jets will be staying at.

There are plenty of places to see for the whole weekend. For Jumba, maybe a drive to emerald downs??

Will I have to rent a car or can you fit all of us in your PT Cruiser?

Seattle has a first class public trans system. If you choose to rent a car, its a good option if you plan on venturing outside of the City. Trust me there is so much to see and do in Seattle you wont really need a car. Me and SPC will probably just get a room in the City for the weekend to be able to partake in the weekend festivities and barhopping at Pioneer Square.

Seattle has a first class public trans system. If you choose to rent a car, its a good option if you plan on venturing outside of the City. Trust me there is so much to see and do in Seattle you wont really need a car. Me and SPC will probably just get a room in the City for the weekend to be able to partake in the weekend festivities and barhopping at Pioneer Square.

And is the stadium in walking distance from this pioneer Square area... & is there a Marriott or Westin hotel in that area...Ps. how far is the airport from the hotels and do you have any of the airport shuttle names...

I know all about Seattle. I had lunch with Diane Court at Belle Square.

Sluggers is a great place, the only down side is it's long and narrow. One row of tables and the bar. Another relatively new place beside it is called Elysian Fields, good place too.

FX McRory's has been my Seahawks/Mariners pre-post game bar for 20 years. Nice big open room. A gazillion types of beer on draft, good food and the world's largest selection of bourbons, if you're into that knid of spirit. Out of town fans get ribbed, but it's good natured unless they act like a$$holes.

LeRoy Neiman did a painting of the place. here it is.

nem_fxmc.jpg

And is the stadium in walking distance from this pioneer Square area... & is there a Marriott or Westin hotel in that area...Ps. how far is the airport from the hotels and do you have any of the airport shuttle names...

Joisey, I know some people who work at Seatac. I will get you the 411. My other half works for the Hawks. I will have more hotel info in the coming weeks. Lets hope this one is early in the season before the rain starts here.

• 3 weeks later...
Sluggers is a great place, the only down side is it's long and narrow. One row of tables and the bar. Another relatively new place beside it is called Elysian Fields, good place too.

FX McRory's has been my Seahawks/Mariners pre-post game bar for 20 years. Nice big open room. A gazillion types of beer on draft, good food and the world's largest selection of bourbons, if you're into that knid of spirit. Out of town fans get ribbed, but it's good natured unless they act like a$$holes. "THE WORLDS LARGEST SELECTION OF BOURBONS, Sounds like the place for T-MAC!!! LOL ,Is there a Marriott or Westin in this area ,and is this an area we want to stay in?

Anyone considering road trips this season should seriously consider Seattle. Not only is it a good match up, but the city of Seattle has so much to offer visitors. Trust me it will be a fun but busy weekend. the day before the game I can arrange for a group tour of Qwest Field. Plus great sightseeing etc.

Archived