McFadden's official combine weigh in

Iceman88

You said he sucks and I agree with you. lol

I don't think he sucks. I just think the Jets are better-off going in a different direction. There are too many holes to fill without "solidifying" a position that you can reap success with a low-round prospect if your line is good.

Vikings have "secured" their RB position with a good talent (Taylor) and a Godike talent (Peterson). And the team still sucks.

Vikes can use a Chad and a coles... and they are a playoff team right away

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL, I'm kind of wondering whether getting off of the DMC bandwagon was a good choice or not.:rl:

Either way this is good news. We all knew he could run, but this confirms it. It makes it more likely somebody will move up and if we are going to take him better he's blazing fast. I assume he'll play some wr too.

Did he run the shuttles?

Either way this is good news. We all knew he could run, but this confirms it. It makes it more likely somebody will move up and if we are going to take him better he's blazing fast. I assume he'll play some wr too.

Did he run the shuttles?

I wouldn't complain if we took him but I agree that it would be great if we could get a lot from a trade for him.

The only thing is it's more likely that one of the picks ahead of us will trade down, mightn't be us.

Not if Miami use the pick. Parcells is not that stupid.

If he doesn't trade the pick, he's still not stupid for using it to take McFadden. Ronnie Brown is coming off of an ACL injury was it? He might not recover from that, and even if he does why not just trade him for more pieces? Miami, like us, is several pieces away. But let's say it's not Miami. There are still 4 more teams before we get to pick. The chances are pretty good he is gone.

If he doesn't trade the pick, he's still not stupid for using it to take McFadden. Ronnie Brown is coming off of an ACL injury was it? He might not recover from that, and even if he does why not just trade him for more pieces? Miami, like us, is several pieces away. But let's say it's not Miami. There are still 4 more teams before we get to pick. The chances are pretty good he is gone.

It's not that crazy really. Brown busted up his ACL mid-season. As in he'll have less than a year to rehab it. If he comes back like he was before, it'll be in 2009 at the earliest. By that time, trading him isn't so unbearable against the cap. It should be about a $6M total cap hit if traded pre-draft next year, but he was going to count about $6.5-7.0M if kept anyway; in other words it would be a (relative) even-swap on the cap. They don't really save anything but they do get something in return for Brown. In the meantime in '08, you don't have to throw McFadden to the dogs; he can split time with Brown.

I still think taking a RB with the first pick is absurd until the contracts come down to earth. But that doesn't mean it couldn't happen just b/c Miami has Ronnie Brown.

I think Ronnie Brown will be fine. It's the one position were IMO Miami are set. It depends what Browns condition is though.

Archived