Lottery Draft

BlackLabelJetsFan

The lottery formula is as follows - each team begins with three balls. For every playoff appearance in the last three years or No. 1 overall pick over the last four years, a team loses one ball. But each team will still be guaranteed to have one ball in the lottery. The first round will go with teams picking 1 through 30, with the 30th team picking 31st and the draft order 'snaking' back and forth in a seven round draft.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=7314

3 balls, 6.12 percent chance - Rangers, Atlanta, Buffalo, Columbus, Pittsburgh.

2 balls, 4.08 percent chance - Anaheim, Calgary, Carolina, Chicago, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Nashville, Phoenix.

1 ball, 2.04 percent chance - Islanders, New Jersey, Boston, Colorado, Dallas, Detroit, Florida, Montreal, Ottawa, Philadelphia, St. Louis, San Jose, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Vancouver, Washington.

Why do I forsee Crosby winding up in "three ball" Ranger blue? #-o

The lottery formula is as follows - each team begins with three balls. For every playoff appearance in the last three years or No. 1 overall pick over the last four years, a team loses one ball. But each team will still be guaranteed to have one ball in the lottery. The first round will go with teams picking 1 through 30, with the 30th team picking 31st and the draft order 'snaking' back and forth in a seven round draft.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=7314

3 balls, 6.12 percent chance - Rangers, Atlanta, Buffalo, Columbus, Pittsburgh.

2 balls, 4.08 percent chance - Anaheim, Calgary, Carolina, Chicago, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Nashville, Phoenix.

1 ball, 2.04 percent chance - Islanders, New Jersey, Boston, Colorado, Dallas, Detroit, Florida, Montreal, Ottawa, Philadelphia, St. Louis, San Jose, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Vancouver, Washington.

Why do I forsee Crosby winding up in "three ball" Ranger blue? #-o

This is gonna be a black bag job like Patrick Ewing to get Crosby to the Rangers. Or the NHL keeps it's record intact for dumbest alleged pro sports league on planet Earth. Yeah, let him go play in Columbus. There's the NHL way of doing things.

This is gonna be a black bag job like Patrick Ewing to get Crosby to the Rangers. Or the NHL keeps it's record intact for dumbest alleged pro sports league on planet Earth. Yeah, let him go play in Columbus. There's the NHL way of doing things.

If Crosby goes to a "non hockey " town all the good media and attention will be wasted on a player that is supposed to be the next great player. Being a Ranger fan I am prejudiced but hockey needs certain markets to do well- the real hockey towns to offset the Carolinas and Phoenix's

If Crosby goes to a "non hockey " town all the good media and attention will be wasted on a player that is supposed to be the next great player. Being a Ranger fan I am prejudiced but hockey needs certain markets to do well- the real hockey towns to offset the Carolinas and Phoenix's

I agree - just let him go to any other Original Six team :lol:

I agree - just let him go to any other Original Six team :lol:

The league would be nuts not to let him go onto a team like the New York Rangers. Biggest market in the country is exactly what the nhl needs to rebuild the league around this kid. Sticking him in a Colombus Blue Jacket jersey isn't going to do the trick.

The league would be nuts not to let him go onto a team like the New York Rangers. Biggest market in the country is exactly what the nhl needs to rebuild the league around this kid. Sticking him in a Colombus Blue Jacket jersey isn't going to do the trick.

I know you and Guns will hunt me down, but Crosby might be just the shot in the arm that the Chicago Blackhawks need.

The Blackhawks (and the Bruins for that matter) deserve nothing. Their owners are pieces of garbage. Wirtz and the dude in Boston are the reasons those teams are crap. You're telling me that Chicago and Boston can't compete with Detroit, in terms of payroll? Chicago did it to themselves. They have a very die hard and rabid fanbase in that city, and they got sh*t on. Wirtz deserves nothing. He's the reason the lockout went so long. There were 8 teams, mostly small market, that shot down everything that Betteman came up with, in the first place. Two of those teams were chicago and Boston, who are Original six teams, and have enough clout to do such a thing. you think a Nashville or an Edmonton could do that? They'd be laughed at.

So, I feel that those two teams deserve nothing. Crosby, as I said before, should land in Detroit, New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, or Montreal.

I know you and Guns will hunt me down, but Crosby might be just the shot in the arm that the Chicago Blackhawks need.

The Blackhawks (and the Bruins for that matter) deserve nothing. Their owners are pieces of garbage. Wirtz and the dude in Boston are the reasons those teams are crap. You're telling me that Chicago and Boston can't compete with Detroit, in terms of payroll? Chicago did it to themselves. They have a very die hard and rabid fanbase in that city, and they got sh*t on. Wirtz deserves nothing. He's the reason the lockout went so long. There were 8 teams, mostly small market, that shot down everything that Betteman came up with, in the first place. Two of those teams were chicago and Boston, who are Original six teams, and have enough clout to do such a thing. you think a Nashville or an Edmonton could do that? They'd be laughed at.

So, I feel that those two teams deserve nothing. Crosby, as I said before, should land in Detroit, New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, or Montreal.

I disagree with the sentiment that this kid has to go to a big media market. He should go to a city where hockey is THE ticket and THE focus. If he goes to the strangers, he'll get lost in the shuffle - even if he scores three goals a game. Let's be honest the NY/NJ area doesn't have the passion for hockey that some of the other cities do. Just look at the Devils run and how they didn't even sell out all of their playoff games.

I disagree with the sentiment that this kid has to go to a big media market. He should go to a city where hockey is THE ticket and THE focus. If he goes to the strangers, he'll get lost in the shuffle - even if he scores three goals a game. Let's be honest the NY/NJ area doesn't have the passion for hockey that some of the other cities do. Just look at the Devils run and how they didn't even sell out all of their playoff games.

All four major TV networks and every ad agency in AMerica are a cab ride from MSG(ESPN is part of ABC and is a 2-hour ride up I95). Let's be honest-when the Rangers were going good from the early to mid-1990s, the NHL was making money. On the other hand, that drunken euphoria led to all these moronic expansions which in turn made this mess. Still, if there isn't playoff hockey well into May in NYC(and that doesn't mean NJ or LI unless they're playing the Rangers)the NHL will always been seen as 2nd class in the USA. That's just the reality, right or wrong.

Big problem for the Rangers-even with Crosby, Sather will still be on the golf course in Palm Springs for another month. Check out the hundreds of FAs-no-go for the green!Dolan is such a total putz it's beyond pathetic. You can almost make book that the well-run teams-the Flyers, Devils, Stars, Wings, Lightning-are going through the cap and game rules with a fine tooth comb to make their teams competitive while Sather works on his handicap.It's pretty bad that Mike Milbury will do a better job for his team that Sather will ever do for his for a fraction of the salary.

Check this out. No television coverage of the lottery. Hmm. Sounds like a fix to me

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/Strachan/2005/07/17/1135623.html

If the Rangers "Magically" get the #1,how is that going to help the sport? How is that gonna bring back the fans? And why should Crosby land in Detroit, NY, LA, with the Queefs, or Montreal? To bring back fans? Come on, with the massive markets these cities have, if Crosby lands with one of these teams, there will be a massive outcry from the many smaller market teams, which blame the Rangers, Detroit, the Queefs, and all the other massive payroll teams for a lot of the lockout as it is.

That being said, watch Pittsburgh get the #1. Being a Sabres fan, I hope, obviously that Crosby is coming to Buffalo.

TV and ad revenue drive the bus-that's just a fact. Do you think these players are gonna be in a good mood when their salaries are cut 24%? Crosby in blue is good for business,though with Sather running the show, come April the rangers could still suck badly.

Why should Crosby be in one of the big hockey markets? Hmmm... well, since they're the big markets, they need them to be strong, so they can actually get on tv! Crosby, by all rights (and it pains me to say so) should be in Ranger Blue. I hope to god he comes to Detroit, but that's not going to happen. If he ends up in Buffalo, Nashville, or any crap market like that, then the NHL should have just stayed locked out.

Archived