Our left side of the O-Line is strong with the addition of Faneca, We just need a RT

DWC FloridaJetsFan

Lets go out and sign Olivia for our RT position, that would also free up an early draft pick for a skilled position, either WR or CB instead of using our 5th pick in the 2nd round on a RT.

We all know what Faneca brings to the table, a run blocking animal and a great pass blocker.... Not only does he improve the LG position, replacing Montgomery, but he also improves Ferguson and Mangold. Mangold played like a proven veteran his rookie season playing alongside P.Kendall, wait till we see Mangold in his 3rd year as a starter next to a 7 time pro bowler, freakish... We also drafted Ferguson with the 4th overall pick in the 1st round to be our franchise LT, playing next to Faneca, he now has his chance.

With all that said... Its time to sign S.Olivia to replace Clement. Imigane, in one offseason... K.Jenkins replacing D.Robertson as out NT in the 3-4, D.Harris replacing J.Vilma in the 3-4 as our #1 IMLB, A.Faneca replacing Montgomery as our starting LG and S.Olivia replacing Clement as our starting RT... Even if we dont sign Olivia, I will still be pumped up Jets fan, but I can only imagine...

D'Ferguson - A.Faneca - N.Mangold - B.Moore - S.Olivia

Behind that O-Line, we now have a chance to see what Kellen is REALLY about, and we have a chance to see Thomas Jones be the Thomas Jones of Chicago. I had high hopes for Leon Washington as a breakout player out of the backfield in his 3rd year in the leauge, now I really expect ALOT of Washington with the addition of Faneca

Am I a little 2 excitied? Or does the trade of a 3rd and a 5th for Jenkins and the signing of Faneca really give this Jets team alot of talent to make a playoff run?

Lets go out and sign Olivia for our RT position, that would also free up an early draft pick for a skilled position, either WR or CB instead of using our 5th pick in the 2nd round on a RT.

We all know what Faneca brings to the table, a run blocking animal and a great pass blocker.... Not only does he improve the LG position, replacing Montgomery, but he also improves Ferguson and Mangold. Mangold played like a proven veteran his rookie season playing alongside P.Kendall, wait till we see Mangold in his 3rd year as a starter next to a 7 time pro bowler, freakish... We also drafted Ferguson with the 4th overall pick in the 1st round to be our franchise LT, playing next to Faneca, he now has his chance.

With all that said... Its time to sign S.Olivia to replace Clement. Imigane, in one offseason... K.Jenkins replacing D.Robertson as out NT in the 3-4, D.Harris replacing J.Vilma in the 3-4 as our #1 IMLB, A.Faneca replacing Montgomery as our starting LG and S.Olivia replacing Clement as our starting RT... Even if we dont sign Olivia, I will still be pumped up Jets fan, but I can only imagine...

D'Ferguson - A.Faneca - N.Mangold - B.Moore - S.Olivia

Behind that O-Line, we now have a chance to see what Kellen is REALLY about, and we have a chance to see Thomas Jones be the Thomas Jones of Chicago. I had high hopes for Leon Washington as a breakout player out of the backfield in his 3rd year in the leauge, now I really expect ALOT of Washington with the addition of Faneca

Am I a little 2 excitied? Or does the trade of a 3rd and a 5th for Jenkins and the signing of Faneca really give this Jets team alot of talent to make a playoff run?

Excusing some of the grammar problems that's a pretty good post DWC.

We do indeed need to get some stability on the right side of the line. I'm content with Moore but Clement needs replacing. From what I hear we're close to signing Damien Woody, that would solve that problem and greatly help us.

I like the way Mangini is bolstering up the lines on both sides of the ball, I don't think it's ridiculous to think we could be a playoff contender if we have a good draft.

O.k. So if Moore sucks I say we go with this D Brick, Faneca, Mangold, Woody, Olivia. I dont think the Jets will sign both woody and Olivia but it would be very nice. Now thats an offensive line.

Woody can slide over to guard if they draft a RT and the guy (or Bender) pans out.

Backups: Moore, Turner, Bender, Clement

Archived