Scouting report on Calvin Pace

AFJF

I havent seen the guy play before so I thought I'd see what scouts inc. had to say about him.

2007 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 66 | Key

Alert: None

Comment: Pace has some quickness and plays hard. He flashes some short-area explosiveness. He will chase from the back side against the run. He might have some upside as a situational pass-rushing linebacker in Arizona's scheme. But Pace is a 'tweener who lacks an adequate combination size and speed. He is undersized at end, and he doesn't have the quick-twitch athleticism or rare motor to compensate. He doesn't consistently turn the corner and lacks burst to the quarterback when he does. He is stiff in his pass rush and in playing through blockers against the run. His lack of bulk hinders him at the point of attack. He gets physically outplayed as an every-down player against the run.

I havent seen the guy play before so I thought I'd see what scouts inc. had to say about him.

2007 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 66 | Key

Alert: None

Comment: Pace has some quickness and plays hard. He flashes some short-area explosiveness. He will chase from the back side against the run. He might have some upside as a situational pass-rushing linebacker in Arizona's scheme. But Pace is a 'tweener who lacks an adequate combination size and speed. He is undersized at end, and he doesn't have the quick-twitch athleticism or rare motor to compensate. He doesn't consistently turn the corner and lacks burst to the quarterback when he does. He is stiff in his pass rush and in playing through blockers against the run. His lack of bulk hinders him at the point of attack. He gets physically outplayed as an every-down player against the run.

Sounds great AFJF. :roll:

Sounds great AFJF. :roll:

To be fair, Id wager a guess thats pre-last season, and obviously he had a "break out year" last season, so that grade has most likely changed. Besides...while I admit to STILL not knowing a ton about what the best fits are for our defense, I was under the impression these "tweener" guys were great fits for the 3-4 OLBs?

To be fair, Id wager a guess thats pre-last season, and obviously he had a "break out year" last season, so that grade has most likely changed. Besides...while I admit to STILL not knowing a ton about what the best fits are for our defense, I was under the impression these "tweener" guys were great fits for the 3-4 OLBs?

Good point AVM. At least let's hope that was pre-last year :P. I've always felt the same about the term tweeners. They are "tweeners" in the traditional 4/3. Too big for LB but too small for DE. Seem however to fit well in a 3/4.

Archived