UNCLE AL

Green Jets & Ham

IMO the Sox did not heed what the NL has learned, don't expand the zone on Leiter.

Show me the same in Anaheim and then perhaps we have the makings of a nice story.

Way overboard Ham....way overboard.

TOTAL BS, GS ... the Sox took a ton of pitches early, but Leiter kept throwing strikes and the Sox kept falling behind in the count ... Joe Morgan actually pointed that out during the broadcast ... that the Sox are starting to swing earlier in the count because Al Leiter is dealing strikes and they are all falling behind in the count, then he is putting them away

Common man, just give the guy credit ... he was dominant tonite verses Boston ... he was dealing strikes and he was mowin'em down

All you naysayers were dealt a helping of crow tonite ... he was everything I said he would be and nothing you naysayers expected ... just tip your cap to the man and admit it, without excuses

You can hope to be right next time, but on this night you naysayers were wrong ... and not because of anything the Red Sox DIDN'T DO, but because of what Al Leiter DID DO

He threw strikes ... got ahead in the count ... and mowed them down like a pros pro

Ham go overboard? Never!

I don't know about going overboard ... maybe sometimes ... but definitely not tonite!

You can't over-state how good Al Leiter was tonite ... verses THAT LINEUP ... over-stating his performance tonite would be impossible

Now I know some of you fellas had something else in mind ... expected something else ... and certainly didn't expect THAT

But that's what you got tonite ... VINTAGE AL LEITER ... heart of a lion and dealing like a pro ... went out there and flatout dominanted the Red Sox ... was dealing strikes and mowin'em down ... pretty much OWNED THEM tonite

So yeah, maybe sometimes I go overboard ... but not tonite :wink:

Ham could you wax poetic some more about Mr. Leiter's addition to this team. It makes me feel all warm inside. Like everything will go back to normal and the Yanks will reclaim their rightful spots as World Champs.

Oh I agree that it was a dominant performance in one of the biggest games of the regular season. But that doesn't mean it will last. He's got to stay somewhat consistent, though, to start.

I'll tell you this much, mack ...

He won't face a better lineup all year than the one he faced tonite ... and he won't pitch on a bigger stage

That lineup was as tough as it gets in MLB ... on the road ... and that stage was as bright as it gets in the regular season

Gotta admit that is a GOOD SIGN, cause he flatout dominated that team :wink:

I'll tell you this much, mack ...

He won't face a better lineup all year than the one he faced tonite ... and he won't pitch on a bigger stage

That lineup was as tough as it gets in MLB ... on the road ... and that stage was as bright as it gets in the regular season

Gotta admit that is a GOOD SIGN, cause he flatout dominated that team :wink:

I agree 100%, but we have to calm it down a bit.

Yay, Al Leiter pitched well, are we all now going out and buying his jersey? I hope not. He'll be gone in 2 weeks or in the bullpen.

Leiter by the way, after one good start, even though on the road vs Boston, you still havn't proven sh*t until you can do anything in the postseason.

Yay, Al Leiter pitched well, are we all now going out and buying his jersey? I hope not. He'll be gone in 2 weeks or in the bullpen.

Leiter by the way, after one good start, even though on the road vs Boston, you still havn't proven Sh#t until you can do anything in the postseason.

He'll be even better in the post season than he is in the regular season ... mark it down

He's that type of pitcher .. always been that type of pitcher .. BETTER when the stakes are raised, not worse

Al Leiter is what they call a BIG GAME PLAYER

That's a huge part of the reason I felt he was a perfect fit for the Yankees ... the Yankees are all about playing in BIG GAMES ... Yankees are defined by how they perform in BIG GAMES, and Al Leiter is a BIG GAME PLAYER

That's the problem with too many of the clowns we have brought in here to pitch as of late ... too many of them have been the ANTI UNCLE AL's ... Guys who wet their pants in BIG GAMES

"There's a different feel here {Yankees}, like every pitch matters. I don't know if it's unfinished business, but I feel the importance of every pitch. If there were ever moments in my career that defined me, it was with the team's back up against the wall. I like those moments, that nervous energy and the need for that concentration and attitude."

Al Leiter

• 3 weeks later...

He'll be even better in the post season than he is in the regular season ... mark it down

Al Leiter is what they call a BIG GAME PLAYER

That's a huge part of the reason I felt he was a perfect fit for the Yankees ... the Yankees are all about playing in BIG GAMES ...

Grandpa Al in the postseason? How exactly is that gonna happen? The trading deadline has passed...cant trade him to the Cardinals now!

Archived