UNCLE AL

Green Jets & Ham

If my boy Uncle Al goes out and beats Boston on Sunday, and I believe he will, this move will immediately look like a Gift from the Almighty

And then you will see BIG AL and the Yankees win the A.L. EAST ... with UNCLE ALBERT leading the way ... which will kill Met fans and have Red Sox fans wanting to lynch Jack McKeon for bailing us out :mrgreen:

BTW, this is a different Yankee team than Boston saw early in the season ... DIFFERENT TEAM

Last time they pounded us 17-1 they won the next day and the Yankees promptly hit the skids

THIS TIME ... Yankees bounce back with a W and tomorrow they make it 3 out or 4 with UNCLE AL leading the way

Book it :wink:

Uncle Al's line tomorrow:

3 IP

7 ER

76 pitches (36 strikes, 40 Balls)

3 K's

5 BB

And I'm not saying that to be a dick. Al throws a HEAVY slider that gets out of control when his arm is too fresh. The guy hasn't picked up a baseball in probably three weeks, so he'll have too much strength. He's going to struggle mightily.

IP 7

ER 2

112 Pitches

8 K's

3 BB's

UNCLE AL leads the way :wink:

7 innings? He averaged less than 6 last year with an ERA of 3.2, and he averaged 5 this year. I'd be stunned if we got 7 innings out of Leiter. Give me 5 innings, 2 runs, and I'll go home happy. Hell, even 5 innings, 3 runs. 6.00 ERA, but it'll keep the game close enough.

I've been reading Ham posts for what has to be almost five years now. I've disagreed with him on some, I've thought he was insane on others, and of course I've wholeheartedly agreed with most of them. But what always strikes me is that I have always come away wishing that I had as much passion for just about anything in life as Ham does about competitions, sports, and his teams. In fact, I can only think of one thing in life that I'm passionate about at all. Anyway, God bless Ham. God bless you, Ham.

I've been reading Ham posts for what has to be almost five years now. I've disagreed with him on some, I've thought he was insane on others, and of course I've wholeheartedly agreed with most of them. But what always strikes me is that I have always come away wishing that I had as much passion for just about anything in life as Ham does about competitions, sports, and his teams. In fact, I can only think of one thing in life that I'm passionate about at all. Anyway, God bless Ham. God bless you, Ham.

Thanks Bro ... and nobody makes me laugh like you

You actually remind me of a good friend I had in high-school ... same sense of humor

That's a huge compliment, man ... that kid was the funniest dude I've ever met ... that was my #1 weed partner in H.S. :mrgreen:

Anyway, you remind me of that dude so much ... which means I have NO DOUBT you and me would have been good friends if we grew up in the same place ... NO DOUBT ABOUT IT ... we probably would of hungout every day!

Al Leiter Sucks, this was a waste of a minor league prospect and $. How ******* dumb could this team be? The old guys havn't been doing anything and they go out and get a 40 year old pitcher? Nice, now 2 of our really 3 starters are 40+, great, you ******* such Cashman and Stienbrenner, this team is a ******* disgrace and any Yankee fan thinking that this team isn't, get your damn heads checked. The only way we get into the playoffs or win this division is if the bats can get 5+ runs a game, without that it's a loss 8 or 9 out of 10 times, FACE IT, DEAL WITH IT, IT'S OUR 2005 YANKEES, YANKEES FANS.

Al Leiter Sucks, this was a waste of a minor league prospect and $. How farging dumb could this team be? The old guys havn't been doing anything and they go out and get a 40 year old pitcher? Nice, now 2 of our really 3 starters are 40+, great, you farging such Cashman and Stienbrenner, this team is a farging disgrace and any Yankee fan thinking that this team isn't, get your damn heads checked. The only way we get into the playoffs or win this division is if the bats can get 5+ runs a game, without that it's a loss 8 or 9 out of 10 times, FACE IT, DEAL WITH IT, IT'S OUR 2005 YANKEES, YANKEES FANS.

:roll:

Why dont you wait and see how he does before you throw in the towel on the season.

Would you rather see Tim Redding or Darrell May pitch again?

Didnt think so.

:roll:

Why dont you wait and see how he does before you throw in the towel on the season.

Would you rather see Tim Redding or Darrell May pitch again?

Didnt think so.

Of course Leiter is better than those 2, but that isn't saying much. What 124 meant was, Yankee fans shouldn't be acting like Leiter is a longterm solution, or even a solid short-term solution, for that matter!

By the way, this is coming from a Mets fan whose favorite Mets pitcher before he left was, you guessed it, Al Leiter himself.

Uncle Al's line tomorrow:

3 IP

7 ER

76 pitches (36 strikes, 40 Balls)

3 K's

5 BB

And I'm not saying that to be a d!ck. Al throws a HEAVY slider that gets out of control when his arm is too fresh. The guy hasn't picked up a baseball in probably three weeks, so he'll have too much strength. He's going to struggle mightily.

Yep...you're a dick :wink:

Please tell me you went back and editted this today after the game was done? If not that is f*cking SCARY!! Good call Ham.

NOPE ... POSTED THAT YESTERDAY, EXACTLY AS WRITTEN ... SWEAR ON ALL I HOLD DEAR

I believe in Al Leiter, man ... I know this man has the heart of a lion ... knew he would be SKY HIGH for this challenge ... that's Al Leiter ... that's always been Al Leiter ... HEART OF A LION

NO EDITS, Jetlag ... that is my original post from saturday, on all I hold dear

NOPE ... POSTED THAT YESTERDAY, EXACTLY AS WRITTEN ... SWEAR ON ALL I HOLD DEAR

I believe in Al Leiter, man ... I know this man has the heart of a lion ... knew he would be SKY HIGH for this challenge ... that's Al Leiter ... that's always been Al Leiter ... HEART OF A LION

But seriously ... NO EDITS ... that is my original post from saturday, on all I hold dear

I trust ya my man. GREAT CALL! I had a good feeling believe it or not going into this game, just not the guts to go and make predictions like those. I gotta tell ya, if Wang didn't get hurt our starting rotation would of went from shakey to solid with Uncle Al, as you call him, joining us.

Johnson, Mussina, Wang, and Leiter would of been a great rotation. BTW subbing Pavano's name for Wang doesn't not get me exciting nearly as much.

I trust ya my man. GREAT CALL! I had a good feeling believe it or not going into this game, just not the guts to go and make predictions like those. I gotta tell ya, if Wang didn't get hurt our starting rotation would of went from shakey to solid with Uncle Al, as you call him, joining us.

Johnson, Mussina, Wang, and Leiter would of been a great rotation. BTW subbing Pavano's name for Wang doesn't not get me exciting nearly as much.

If Wang didn't get hurt and we added Al Leiter, the Yankees would be as close to a mortal lock as it gets

As is, Uncle Al puts us RIGHT BACK IN THE GAME

Unit, Moose and Uncle Al makes three bona-fide pros ... now we just need Pavano to step up and earn his keep ... Kevin Brown you can live with as a 5th Starter

The way I see it, for the rest of the season Pavano and Brown will be battling to see who gets the 4th Start for the Yankees in the post season, where you only use 4 Starters ... the first three are written in stone ... UNIT, MOOSE and UNCLE AL

Jabba, it was just one start, bro. Leiter's gotta do a lot more to prove that he should start in the postseason. So do Brown and Pavano, too.

WRONG Mack ... It wasn't Just ONE START

It was one start in fenway .. verses arguably the most lethal lineup in baseball .. one of the most lethal lineups in decades .. one that has had much success verses Yankee pitching in recent years .. our chief rivals who we are battling for first place, after losing to them in last years ALCS .. BIG GAME on Sunday Night Baseball, whole nation tuned in ... and after losing Wang and watching Redding get his absolute face kicked in, when the Yankees desperately needed to know we have someone other than Unit & Moose we can count on to battle Boston and make this a fight

So yes, technically it was ONE START ... but in reality it was SO MUCH MORE than that

Some starts are more than just a start ... this start was one of them!

Archived