QB contoversy

BroadwayJ667

I'm not buying it. I think Kellen Clemens is a good QB. Here's why. his record is what 3-5 or 3-4 right. well looking back at last years games that he started, he should/could have had three more wins had it not been for the people around him.

the three games, Baltimore, Washington, and Cleveland.

baltimore. all you really have to say is McCariens.

with washington, if it wasn't for a few dropped passes he was gonna lead them to a win. you could see that the team was energized on that overtime drive.

with cleveland. the fact that they repeatedly couldn't punch it in from the 5 was disheartening.

Now i hear people say he has happy feet. Aren't QBs supposed to have at least 4 seconds to pass. it's a bit hard to throw when a guy was in his face after 3.

Now in every game he started that the Jets lost, other than the dallas game. the jets were within a touchdown.

just like the first trailer for GTA4, "Things will be Different"

I'm not buying it. I think Kellen Clemens is a good QB. Here's why. his record is what 3-5 or 3-4 right. well looking back at last years games that he started, he should/could have had three more wins had it not been for the people around him.

with washington, if it wasn't for a few dropped passes he was gonna lead them to a win. you could see that the team was energized on that overtime drive.

with cleveland. the fact that they repeatedly couldn't punch it in from the 5 was disheartening.

Now i hear people say he has happy feet. Aren't QBs supposed to have at least 4 seconds to pass. it's a bit hard to throw when a guy was in his face after 3.

Now in every game he started that the Jets lost, other than the dallas game. the jets were within a touchdown.

True, but he had bad plays just like Chad. I don't care who starts, because they both can lead this team with this line, but I go with Chad.

The defense also played lights out the second half of the season.

The defense also played lights out the second half of the season.

The Jets' offense scored 11 ppg with Pennington in there:

136 pts in CP's 9 games

-28 pts were scored by the Jets defense or special teams (2 Leon, 1 Rhodes, 1 Bowens)

-7 pts were meaningless garbage as time expired in the Cin game

--------------------

101 offensive points in 9 games = 11 ppg

(No defense is good enough to help that.)

The Jets' defense, on average, allowed 21 ppg in Pennington's games:

205 pts in 9 games

-14 pts were scored against us when the Jets' OFFENSE was on the field

--------------------

191 defensive points allowed in 9 games = 21 ppg

Now Clemens:

Jets offense scored 16 ppg in Clemens' 7 games:

126 pts in 7 games

-14 scored by Jets defense/special teams

--------------------

112 points in 7 games = 16 ppg.

Still putrid, but 5 ppg more than CP. Also rarely had 2 healthy WR's and had rec's drop TD passes in the EZ (which I didn't factor).

The Jets' defense, on average, allowed 18 ppg in Clemens' games:

140 pts allowed in 7 games

--------------------

126 pts in 7 games = 18 ppg.

Good. Hardly "lights-out" & essentially a FG difference per game from CP's games. A FG is not the difference between lights-out and the worst D I've seen in years.

They both SUCKED last year, though the offense was clearly worse when Pennington was the QB. And stats aside, don't tell me you didn't notice it, even with Clemens' picks. If someone wants to point at the veteran CP's better QB rating or TD/INT ratio (compared to Clemens' first 7 NFL starts, on a team that often had 1 healthy starting WR), go ahead. They still put fewer points on the board when CP was the QB. B

ut based on last year, neither of them have earned a sure starting job heading into this summer. The job should be Clemens' to lose, since he was the starter after CP lost his job. And if he clearly loses it to CP over the summer, then Chad should start. Same as after the '06 season.

The NFL is, and should be, "What have you done for me lately?"

The Jets' offense scored 11 ppg with Pennington in there:

136 pts in CP's 9 games

-28 pts were scored by the Jets defense or special teams (2 Leon, 1 Rhodes, 1 Bowens)

-7 pts were meaningless garbage as time expired in the Cin game

--------------------

101 offensive points in 9 games = 11 ppg

(No defense is good enough to help that.)

The Jets' defense, on average, allowed 21 ppg in Pennington's games:

205 pts in 9 games

--------------------

191 defensive points allowed in 9 games = 21 ppg

Now Clemens:

Jets offense scored 16 ppg in Clemens' 7 games:

126 pts in 7 games

-14 scored by Jets defense/special teams

--------------------

112 points in 7 games = 16 ppg.

Still putrid, but 5 ppg more than CP. Also rarely had 2 healthy WR's and had rec's drop TD passes in the EZ (which I didn't factor).

The Jets' defense, on average, allowed 18 ppg in Clemens' games:

140 pts allowed in 7 games

--------------------

126 pts in 7 games = 18 ppg.

Good. Hardly "lights-out" & essentially a FG difference per game from CP's games. A FG is not the difference between lights-out and the worst D I've seen in years.

They both SUCKED last year, though the offense was clearly worse when Pennington was the QB. And stats aside, don't tell me you didn't notice it, even with Clemens' picks. If someone wants to point at the veteran CP's better QB rating or TD/INT ratio (compared to Clemens' first 7 NFL starts, on a team that often had 1 healthy starting WR), go ahead. They still put fewer points on the board when CP was the QB. B

ut based on last year, neither of them have earned a sure starting job heading into this summer. The job should be Clemens' to lose, since he was the starter after CP lost his job. And if he clearly loses it to CP over the summer, then Chad should start. Same as after the '06 season.

The NFL is, and should be, "What have you done for me lately?"

Congrats on another POTW win sperm ;) (for the slow people here, I nominated this post for POTW and I believe it will win)

That's not gonna happen, not this year atleast. Cleveland isn't that stupid to let one of them get away just yet.

Maybe you're right. But if the Browns got offered the #6 pick in the draft for one of their QB's I think they'd bite. Our FO doesn't have the balls to do it though.

Maybe you're right. But if the Browns got offered the #6 pick in the draft for one of their QB's I think they'd bite. Our FO doesn't have the balls to do it though.

Anderson isn't going anywhere. He has proven himself. What has Quin proven? You might call it "balls" to trade the 6th pick for him when he was picked, where, in the twenties last year? I'd call it something else.

Archived