Pace a playmaker??

BroadwayJoe12

Sounds good to me....Look if Parcells wanted him, and was ready to spend the 20mil he was asking for. I'm all in, Parcells knows talent and so does Mangini. Don't listen to these negative reports by sports writers....they don't have a clue.

Sounds good to me....Look if Parcells wanted him, and was ready to spend the 20mil he was asking for. I'm all in, Parcells knows talent and so does Mangini. Don't listen to these negative reports by sports writers....they don't have a clue.

:rl:

I know a lot of folks are negative about this signing, and I have read posts and articles that compare Pace to Bryan Thomas, but I still think we need to give this guy a shot. Mangini and company obviously saw something in his play that made him very attractive.

So let's see what he can do before ridiculing the signing. And he should be helped with that big body in the middle of the line (Jenkins), who should make all the 'backers better.

For the money we are paying him, he better be a playmaker.

We didn't pay him all that to stand around hoping that the QB will forget to look where he's going and collide with him. That's B.Thomas job.

You realize he got 11M guaranteed not 20M, right? A lot of people do not realize that.. Still a lot of cash though.

You realize he got 11M guaranteed not 20M, right? A lot of people do not realize that.. Still a lot of cash though.

Yes, I think 11M guaranteed for an unproven player to be a bit pricy. I hope they saw something in him that'll make him worth it. If so, good deal. But there's still a risk he's just another stiff.

I still kind of wish they had managed to pry away Briggs from the Bears. (if he had known at the time he re-signed that they would make the other moves they made, he would have been out of there so fast :lol:)

I love it

Had we not signed Pace, and Tuna got him everyone here, and all New York media would have KILLED the Jets for not signing the guy.

Now that we have him, he's a monster risk

Every single player signed has a risk factor. I doesn't mattter what the Jets do, they'll be 2nd guessed until we bring back a title

Time to put up or shut up

Hey, it's better to take a risk and possibly fail, than to not even try. I just hope the FO got their research right on this guy.

Woody is pretty big risk too, but at least in that case they have more material to research and Mangini has worked with him before.

I wish they had been this active earlier, but I think the unexpected success of that first year made Tangini think they were closer to being a contender than they really were. Now lets ship out the remaining players that don't fit in and get this team going.

Archived