Your Draft Predictions Go HERE!

Jets1Fan

Avid Jets fans, here it is: the place to let your draft fantasies come true lol. God I love the Jets.

First Round:

#6 Overall: Vernon Gholston - OLB/DE - OhioStateUniversity

Alternative: If DMC available at #6, Dalls calls and gives us their 2 first rounders #22 and #28 (and possibly 3rd Rounder #92 Overall, according to Pick Value Chart, b/c #6=1600 for #22-780; #28-660 which doesnt completely equal the 1500, hence the possible 3rd Rounder #92-132 pts., if Mangini really gets his bang for his pick) With these picks I could see the Jets picking up the best remaining OLD/DE Pass Rusher, possibly Quentin Groves-DE-Auburn or Derrick Harvey-DE-Florida, granted, if they are available and WR-James Hardy-Indiana (6'5''!!! 217 lbs. 4.47 40-yd. Dash at the Combine!)

Second Round

#36 Overall: Based on Gholston being selected, I think either CB or WR will be addressed here, much depends on remaining free agent CB's (Possibly Ty Law joining the team, we'll see about that, I honestly wouldn't mind it to be honest, but for the right price, not Pace dinero by any stretch of the imagination)...sorry to get carried away, I just love this Jets talk...and With the 36 Overall Pick the New York Jets Select...CB-Brandon Flowers from Virginia Tech...this kid can really play, he's a sure tackler and instinctive CB who reminds me a lot actually of Revis, but hits a little harder. I know most of you will hate my prediction because it does not involve an impact offensive player, but through what I've looked at not much WR Talent semms to be available at the range the Jets have in the 2nd Round...They could possibly Stretch and go for Adarious Bowman (I personally wouldn't mind seeing his size at 6'3'' 220 lbs. out there being physical opposite Cotchery and Coles, if we still keep him after his moaning and groaning, i love him...but play then we pay), but I really think that Mangini intends to build this defense like that team from new england (i know i always say that, but i hate them so much). Builds his O-Line to run the ball down your throat and stocks up young athletic talent to stop the bleeding defensively)

Alternative:I know people may not like this one either but a possiblity at #36, and it may be seriously like 5 picks too early, is Joe Flacco, I've wanted every team to literally sleep on this guy and pray that he slipped to the 3rd or 4th for us to steal, but it doesnt look like that is going to happen. I seriously wouldnt mind seeing him and Clemens battle it out in our "just hand the ball off" offense this upcoming year, especially if we get a 3rd rounder for Chad, that would replace our 3rd Rounder we gave to Carolina for Jenkins.

I also wanna just go out there and say, I want OLB-Shawn Crable as well, but it seems like he may be going in the later 2nd to early 3rd Round, exactly where we dont have a pick, I think he's going to be a beast, mark my words...but ya never know with DRob, Coles and Pennington possibly on the trading block.

Thoughts? Don't rip me too much

I'd like them to draft Crable, if they havent addressed LB with the first two picks. But certainly not before fourth round. I dont think he's gonna go too high, he looks alot better in a football uniform than he has played.

Avid Jets fans, here it is: the place to let your draft fantasies come true lol. God I love the Jets.

First Round:

#6 Overall: Vernon Gholston - OLB/DE - OhioStateUniversity

Alternative: If DMC available at #6, Dalls calls and gives us their 2 first rounders #22 and #28 (and possibly 3rd Rounder #92 Overall, according to Pick Value Chart, b/c #6=1600 for #22-780; #28-660 which doesnt completely equal the 1500, hence the possible 3rd Rounder #92-132 pts., if Mangini really gets his bang for his pick) With these picks I could see the Jets picking up the best remaining OLD/DE Pass Rusher, possibly Quentin Groves-DE-Auburn or Derrick Harvey-DE-Florida, granted, if they are available and WR-James Hardy-Indiana (6'5''!!! 217 lbs. 4.47 40-yd. Dash at the Combine!)

Second Round

#36 Overall: Based on Gholston being selected, I think either CB or WR will be addressed here, much depends on remaining free agent CB's (Possibly Ty Law joining the team, we'll see about that, I honestly wouldn't mind it to be honest, but for the right price, not Pace dinero by any stretch of the imagination)...sorry to get carried away, I just love this Jets talk...and With the 36 Overall Pick the New York Jets Select...CB-Brandon Flowers from Virginia Tech...this kid can really play, he's a sure tackler and instinctive CB who reminds me a lot actually of Revis, but hits a little harder. I know most of you will hate my prediction because it does not involve an impact offensive player, but through what I've looked at not much WR Talent semms to be available at the range the Jets have in the 2nd Round...They could possibly Stretch and go for Adarious Bowman (I personally wouldn't mind seeing his size at 6'3'' 220 lbs. out there being physical opposite Cotchery and Coles, if we still keep him after his moaning and groaning, i love him...but play then we pay), but I really think that Mangini intends to build this defense like that team from new england (i know i always say that, but i hate them so much). Builds his O-Line to run the ball down your throat and stocks up young athletic talent to stop the bleeding defensively)

Alternative:I know people may not like this one either but a possiblity at #36, and it may be seriously like 5 picks too early, is Joe Flacco, I've wanted every team to literally sleep on this guy and pray that he slipped to the 3rd or 4th for us to steal, but it doesnt look like that is going to happen. I seriously wouldnt mind seeing him and Clemens battle it out in our "just hand the ball off" offense this upcoming year, especially if we get a 3rd rounder for Chad, that would replace our 3rd Rounder we gave to Carolina for Jenkins.

I also wanna just go out there and say, I want OLB-Shawn Crable as well, but it seems like he may be going in the later 2nd to early 3rd Round, exactly where we dont have a pick, I think he's going to be a beast, mark my words...but ya never know with DRob, Coles and Pennington possibly on the trading block.

Thoughts? Don't rip me too much

I actually agree wih pretty much all of this. That would be a great draft IMO, even the alternate is great.

Good Job.

1. The jets will trade down.

2. I will eat and drink too much.

3. I will sit in front of the TV for too long.

4. I will wonder why Chris Berman still has a job.

5. The Jets will draft guys I've never heard of. I will then research them and complain our F/O has no friggin clue on what they are doing.

1. The jets will trade down.

2. I will eat and drink too much.

3. I will sit in front of the TV for too long.

4. I will wonder why Chris Berman still has a job.

5. The Jets will draft guys I've never heard of. I will then research them and complain our F/O has no friggin clue on what they are doing.

2007 all over again

Archived