A.L. EAST STANDINGS

Green Jets & Ham

How about that MO?? No I'm not talking about Mariano Riviera. I'm talking about MOmentum. The Yanks are riding a tidal wave right now. WOOOOO HOOOO! Thank god, the first half of this season is like a distant nightmare. A new day has begun in Yankee land.

How about that MO?? No I'm not talking about Mariano Riviera. I'm talking about MOmentum. The Yanks are riding a tidal wave right now. WOOOOO HOOOO! Thank god, the first half of this season is like a distant nightmare. A new day has begun in Yankee land.

And there's another plus ... Torre learned a valuable lesson tonite about KILLING THE RED SOX when you have them down {i.e. Screw save situations, Mariano starts the 9th!!} ... and he DID NOT have to learn the hard way {by losing the game}

Usually you have to get kicked in the nuts {i.e. lose} to learn such a lesson ... further evidence the Yankees are officially ON A ROLE

Even the bonehead decisions are not coming back to bite them :mrgreen:

But the lesson was learned none-the-less, which can only serve us well down the road :wink:

Standings still show Boston on TOP.

They are slumping right now, but will right the ship. Good second half of baseball ahead of us, lads.

I actually agree, SJ ... all this weekend proved {too me} is that we have another DOG FIGHT on our hands

This thing should be a knockdown, drag-out, bare-knuckle DOG FIGHT that Goes right down to the wire

But after the first half I'm thrilled to be in that position ... now I know there is some fight in OUR DOG as well

For most of the first half you could not have been sure that was the case, but now we know it is

Standings still show Boston on TOP.

They are slumping right now, but will right the ship. Good second half of baseball ahead of us, lads.

and don't count the orioles out just yet. they are about to get a few players back off of the DL and may pull the trigger on a trade for a front-line starter.

And there's another plus ... Torre learned a valuable lesson tonite about KILLING THE RED SOX when you have them down {i.e. Screw save situations, Mariano starts the 9th!!} ... and he DID NOT have to learn the hard way {by losing the game}

Could've reached through the screen and hit Torre with a large metal or concrete hard object when Mo didn't start the 9th, and after the HR, hit him with a bigger object. You cannot give that lineup any glimmer of hope after the 2004 ALCS.

Could've reached through the screen and hit Torre with a large metal or concrete hard object when Mo didn't start the 9th, and after the HR, hit him with a bigger object. You cannot give that lineup any glimmer of hope after the 2004 ALCS.

Couldn't agree more

I actually started a thread when they went to commercial following the top of the 9th ... saying Torre better not jerk around with save situations and get Mariano on the hill to start the bottom of the 9th

I knew it was a HUGE MISTAKE to have anyone but Mariano on the hill to start the 9th ... KNEW IT ... because that was the cardinal sin, 4 run lead or no 4 run lead, to have the Red Sox dead to rights and give them the one thing you absolutely cannot give them, especially in that ball-park ... HOPE

That's what he gave them when Mariano was not on the hill to start the 9th ... HOPE ... and it almost resulted in a disaster

In these head-to-head games, that was rank stupidity. You would think he would've learned his lesson after the 2004 ALCS; think again. The Yanks have 3 starters who have nothing to do with the manager and the pitching coach, the best closer of all time, and 2 decent relievers in Sturtze and Gordon.After that, the pitching coach and the balance of the staff may as well ride in a tiny car, wear huge shoes and brightly colored outfits more suited to the circus.Is there anyone on this staff save Sturtze who has improved under this bunch?

Big tip to Al Leiter-keep doing what ever you did tonight, and when Stott gives you some advice, nod politely, yes him to death and totally ignore him.

And thankfully the Espy promos are over. Is it too much to ask that the either the Yanks are never on on Sunday nights again or Joe Morgan can be stricken with a nonlethal dose of laringitis any time the Yanks have the misfortune of playing on ESPN? Susyn Waldman is better than him, and I listen to the Sawx XM feed over her.

Archived