Pace Already Hitting Some High Notes

MagicBizkit87

Pace Already Hitting Some High Notes

Published: 03-19-08

By Eric Allen

The Jets were determined to get Calvin Pace in free agency even if that meant reaching new heights. Pace, a talented outside linebacker who spent the first five years of his pro career with the Cardinals in Arizona and was courted by 10 teams, got a chopper ride during his visit courtesy of Mr. Woody Johnson

How can you like both of the baseball teams. We all know the Mets fans hate the Yankees, and the Yankee fans only hate the Mets when they play the Yankees. You can't like both of these teams. None the less, i'm sure he'll love New York, and we'll love having this guy on the Jets for many seasons.

Just curious, is he strong or fast.. or both?

To answer my own question, he ran a 4.75 at the 2003 combine, but couldn't find workout results. Also, when he was drafted PFW had this to say:

The Cardinals reached for a player who would have been available in the second round, maybe even the third or fourth round in the case of DE Calvin Pace

Take that with a grain of salt, but it may explain why he was never as dominating as his high pick would suggest.

To answer my own question, he ran a 4.75 at the 2003 combine, but couldn't find workout results. Also, when he was drafted PFW had this to say:

The Cardinals reached for a player who would have been available in the second round, maybe even the third or fourth round in the case of DE Calvin Pace

Take that with a grain of salt, but it may explain why he was never as dominating as his high pick would suggest.

My god, and people say the Jets are bad at picking in the draft. Who picks Calvin Pace in the first round, when he could have gone in the third or fourth round. Cardinals are one of the worst run franchises.

I didn't like this signing at all. Personally I don't think he'll provide the dynamic pass rushing we desperately need defensively, and we sure as hell know that POS Bryan Thomas will not provide it.

Hopefully, I am very, very wrong but I never liked this signing from the start.

I didn't like this signing at all. Personally I don't think he'll provide the dynamic pass rushing we desperately need defensively, and we sure as hell know that POS Bryan Thomas will not provide it.

Hopefully, I am very, very wrong but I never liked this signing from the start.

I agree and believe me I PRAY that we're both wrong IJ. I keep picturing BT II.

While I tend to agree, I'm prepared to take the optimistic view that having both these guys on the field will help to free each of them up more. As well as other players like maybe Ellis, or the CB's and safties that we like to blitz. I don't think we signed a 15-20 sack guy, but maybe his presence can help the team get 15-20 more sacks this year.

Out of curiosity, is it possible for Pace to play the inside next to Harris instead of OLB, or is he too small?

That way come draft day we can get a player like Ghoulston to be that elite pass rusher we are looking for.

Well, Calvin Pace has played ILB before, so I don't think it'll be that much of a problem, if we still want to draft Vernon Gholston.

OK maybe it's just me but this is the Jets after all. Can anyone tell me what schmuck put half of our LB corp for the next 10 years in the same helicopter? What are they thinking? I know the whole team flies together every week but a needless helicopter ride? Maybe we can let our RB's bungi jump together.

Archived