Jets Contact Raiders...

Favorite_Toon

Jets contact the Raiders to trade up to get Mcfadden

Wed.the 19th Lee "Hacksaw" Hamilton reported there was breaking news the the Jets have contacted the Raiders about trading up to Draft McFadden. The trade would allow the Raiders to still draft a top pick from the Jets 6th spot.

Story Link http://www.xtrasports1360.com/pages/sportswatch.html

Player stats http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=3675

NFL stats 2007 player tackle leaders http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...xperience=null

UPDATE: Thursday 3/20 Lee reported the Raiders want to swap picks plus get D-lineman Kenyon Coleman. Kenyon led ALL defensive lineman in tackles last year!!! He can play DE and DT. He is 6 foot 5 inches and weighs 295. He can play the 4-3 and 3-4. It would give the Jets a superstar and franchise face in NY. The Raiders would get 2 potential starters by still being able to draft one of the top lineman on either side of the ball plus the player involved from the Jets.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ling-mcfadden/

The article above said the Jets would have to move to the Falcons 3rd spot to jump ahead of the Raiders, but sources say the Jets may be able to take the Raiders 4th spot instead with the Raiders going a different direction.

The Falcons signed Michael Turner to a big contract and the only way they would draft Mcfadden is if the Cowboys renewed their interest in him. Then it might be a battle for who wants him most!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could live with McFadden at #6 but if we trade up to 3 I quit. That being said I gotta believe this is bull****.

I believe it can happen with Tangini. They traded up for Revis last year, and that's working out just fine.

The bullsh** is that this would leak out to the public with 4 weeks to go before the draft.

I believe it can happen with Tangini. They traded up for Revis last year, and that's working out just fine.

The bullsh** is that this would leak out to the public with 4 weeks to go before the draft.

There is a huge ****ing difference between trading up to 14 and trading up to 3. Around 12 million guaranteed. My only theory on this would be using Al Davis' crazy hatred for the Jets to get him to take McFadden, because we want Gholsten to fall to 6.

I call BS.

No way, with three capable RB's on our roster, are we going to trade up to take a player for more money and give up what could be 2 positions of much greater need (KColeman and a possible DE/OLB with the 6). If we do this we'd have a front 3 of Ellis, Jenkins, and Pouha, assuming Robertson gets cut.

No thanks.

We would then be left with holes at both DE positions. (I consider Ellis a hole because well, he sucks)

Like GGM there's no way we could possibly go into week 1 with pitiful front 3. That would basically remove the advantage of having Jenkins at NT.

We would then be left with holes at both DE positions. (I consider Ellis a hole because well, he sucks)

Like GGM there's no way we could possibly go into week 1 with pitiful front 3. That would basically remove the advantage of having Jenkins at NT.

Agree, and as a McFadden fan I'll hate for this to happen.

If we wanted Mcfadden this much then we shouldn't have won that ****ing game vs KC. That way we would not have had to lose our best DE.

This can't be true, I refuse to believe it.

Youuuuuuu playyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooo winnnnnnnnnn theeeeeeeee gameeeeee.

Jets contact the Raiders to trade up to get Mcfadden

Wed.the 19th Lee "Hacksaw" Hamilton reported there was breaking news the the Jets have contacted the Raiders about trading up to Draft McFadden. The trade would allow the Raiders to still draft a top pick from the Jets 6th spot.

Story Link http://www.xtrasports1360.com/pages/sportswatch.html

Player stats http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=3675

NFL stats 2007 player tackle leaders http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...xperience=null

UPDATE: Thursday 3/20 Lee reported the Raiders want to swap picks plus get D-lineman Kenyon Coleman. Kenyon led ALL defensive lineman in tackles last year!!! He can play DE and DT. He is 6 foot 5 inches and weighs 295. He can play the 4-3 and 3-4. It would give the Jets a superstar and franchise face in NY. The Raiders would get 2 potential starters by still being able to draft one of the top lineman on either side of the ball plus the player involved from the Jets.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ling-mcfadden/

The article above said the Jets would have to move to the Falcons 3rd spot to jump ahead of the Raiders, but sources say the Jets may be able to take the Raiders 4th spot instead with the Raiders going a different direction.

The Falcons signed Michael Turner to a big contract and the only way they would draft Mcfadden is if the Cowboys renewed their interest in him. Then it might be a battle for who wants him most!

Problems with the reality and/or intelligence of this:

1. There is no guarantee that McFadden is there at #4. He could go #1 for all we know at this point. The only way that is a trade for McFadden is if it's done right before the Raiders pick. Otherwise, McFadden, C. Long, and Gholston could go 1-2-3 (not predicting that - just saying) and what do the Jets do then?

2. No Way you trade Kenyon Coleman! He is the only true 3-4 DE they have on the team right now and he was a beast for this team last year. You do not give up a piece that fits on that front 7 (especially not on the line 3-4 DL are very hard to find - F That!)

3. I'm still not convinced they are even going to pick in the top 10. I think they will deal the pick if given the chance to stock up - paying a top 6 pick after spending all that money may not be cap-advisable. They can also use depth and future starters at a few positions so the extra picks would make more sense.

I don't hate McFadden and I would not hate the Jets if they picked him but I don't see the logic in that pick for right now. If they really want a HB, there are a few others that have a great chance of being awesome available in the top three rounds. They have much bigger holes to fill. I don't care what anyone says, Thomas Jones still has at least 3 good years in him. Now that he has a line, the haters will be forced to shut up early on this year. Leon is an excellent complimentary back who is always a home run threat (who for some reason is constantly underestimated and underappreciated). Chatman is a good depth guy. Alvin Banks is gonna get another look in camp. HB's are appearing out of nowhere these days. Look at the crop the Giants had last year of undrafted guys and late round picks. Look at Ryan Grant. The Jets do not need McFadden and would be much better served filling holes at WR, CB, LB, and maybe even QB, FS, DL, OL, TE ... HB is on the bottom of the list for right now. Maybe next year or 2010 ... or as I said, later in the draft.

If we wanted Mcfadden this much then we shouldn't have won that ****ing game vs KC. That way we would not have had to lose our best DE.

This can't be true, I refuse to believe it.

I really think it's just them playing Al Davis, to get him to take McFadden because he thinks we want him. We all know Davis is obsessed with the Jet's. I refuse to believe out front office could be this incompetent, not only for a retarted trade but more so for letting this leak 4 weeks out.

Problems with the reality and/or intelligence of this:

1. There is no guarantee that McFadden is there at #4. He could go #1 for all we know at this point. The only way that is a trade for McFadden is if it's done right before the Raiders pick. Otherwise, McFadden, C. Long, and Gholston could go 1-2-3 (not predicting that - just saying) and what do the Jets do then?

2. No Way you trade Kenyon Coleman! He is the only true 3-4 DE they have on the team right now and he was a beast for this team last year. You do not give up a piece that fits on that front 7 (especially not on the line 3-4 DL are very hard to find - F That!)

3. I'm still not convinced they are even going to pick in the top 10. I think they will deal the pick if given the chance to stock up - paying a top 6 pick after spending all that money may not be cap-advisable. They can also use depth and future starters at a few positions so the extra picks would make more sense.

I don't hate McFadden and I would not hate the Jets if they picked him but I don't see the logic in that pick for right now. If they really want a HB, there are a few others that have a great chance of being awesome available in the top three rounds. They have much bigger holes to fill. I don't care what anyone says, Thomas Jones still has at least 3 good years in him. Now that he has a line, the haters will be forced to shut up early on this year. Leon is an excellent complimentary back who is always a home run threat (who for some reason is constantly underestimated and underappreciated). Chatman is a good depth guy. Alvin Banks is gonna get another look in camp. HB's are appearing out of nowhere these days. Look at the crop the Giants had last year of undrafted guys and late round picks. Look at Ryan Grant. The Jets do not need McFadden and would be much better served filling holes at WR, CB, LB, and maybe even QB, FS, DL, OL, TE ... HB is on the bottom of the list for right now. Maybe next year or 2010 ... or as I said, later in the draft.

Agree.

Like I said before, I rather have Coleman and draft Gholston than trade Coleman and draft McFadden.

IJ made a good point about Jenkins pretty much being useless if we do this trade.

I could live with McFadden at #6 but if we trade up to 3 I quit. That being said I gotta believe this is bull****.

You don't trade up in a draft like this, let alone giving up a starting DE with an overpaid DT to take his place. We'd be losing too many starters on a defense we just tried to revamp.

There will be plenty of talk about us trading up, but you have to blieve that it is for when DMC falls to us at 6 teams will truly believe we will take him.

If we take him at 6, that's ok with me, but to trade up? Come on...not a chance.

This is just stupid, more money for the draft pick, 2 players for 1, with Coleman? WTF? If Tannenbaum does this, fire his ass.

Agreed, it would be beyond ****ing crazy.

It'll be the first time someone ever outcrazyed Al Davis in a deal involving the Raiders.

I call BS.

No way, with three capable RB's on our roster, are we going to trade up to take a player for more money and give up what could be 2 positions of much greater need (KColeman and a possible DE/OLB with the 6). If we do this we'd have a front 3 of Ellis, Jenkins, and Pouha, assuming Robertson gets cut.

No thanks.

Bull**** HUH!! raiders got more running backs then we do at this moment... were talking about kenyon coleman!!! lets not get confused with bruce smith..lol

Bull**** HUH!! raiders got more running backs then we do at this moment... were talking about kenyon coleman!!! lets not get confused with bruce smith..lol

Kenyon Coleman is a very valuable member of this D, one that's actually able to hold his own.

What are you talking about the Raiders RB situation for?? If they didn't care about RB then why in the sweet name of Jesus would they force this trade???

:confused0058:

Kenyon Coleman is a very valuable member of this D, one that's actually able to hold his own.

What are you talking about the Raiders RB situation for?? If they didn't care about RB then why in the sweet name of Jesus would they force this trade???

Your money today!

LOL, Didn't you hate Mr. 'McTackled' not so long ago???

Now you'd be 'ok' with taking him at 6??:confused0088:

i said i'm ok with it, not happy about it. It looks like Gholston, C Long, and Dorsey may be gone by number six...i'd rather take an RB than another O tackle.

Do i think he'll be worth the pick? No....

do i think he'll out preform D-brick? No...

He'll be servicable.

Agree.

Like I said before, I rather have Coleman and draft Gholston than trade Coleman and draft McFadden.

IJ made a good point about Jenkins pretty much being useless if we do this trade.

Yeah, Coleman has to stay. He was their best signing last off-season. With Jenkins next to him, he may actually be free to make even more tackles at the line. Getting Gholston would give them a potentially dominant front 7. Ellis would be the biggest question mark which I'll take as a problem considering Shaun is a very good player. I guess you have Barton next to Harris too - but I think Barton gets killed a bit too much. He's a solid vet and can hold his own out there.

I still would rather have them accumulate more picks but I couldn't see passing up on Gholston or even C. Long if he somehow makes it to 6.

I call BS.

No thanks.

That was for the other guy that said... we have three capable runng backs...we dont want capable..we deserve a playmaker at that position..

I personally dont think they will take mcfadden the raiders... so I would sit at 6.... but if I was guaranteed to get him for kenyon coleman..then thats a no brainer..

Archived