Jets Contact Raiders...

Favorite_Toon

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And the raiders have 4 capable running backs..so why does everyone think there taking him then?? we have 2 capable rbs... Chatman? LOL cmon..

have you seen Chatham play? Have you seen his career 4.6 YPC average? We have all the RBBC we need right now...look we know you have a man-crush on McFadden Toon, and that's cool....

And the raiders have 4 capable running backs..so why does everyone think there taking him then?? we have 2 capable rbs... Chatman? LOL cmon..

Nobody said that the Raiders SHOULD draft DMC. We think there might be a chance because AL DAVIS IS CRAZY. I only hope that we're not crazier then him.

So how come Longs agility and triangle numbers were outstanding, and better than Gholstons in some categories?

He'd play 3-4 outside linebacker in the NFL, not defensive end.

Robertson had a great combine too. did you watch long play ONE college game?

You can scheme around 1 bad CB. You can't scheme about ZERO explosiveness on offense.

We have explosiveness on Offense. Plus, we might be able to draft someone like Hardy or Manningham in rd 2, which would add to that explosivenss. No need to draft DMC when we have much greater needs all around. Especially if it means giving up a proven DE like Coleman.

yes you can. you can always roll a safety over. you are really exposing your lack of football knowledge.... The giants just won a SUPER BOWL with 2 garbage corners.

LOL, you just proved IJ correct.

The Giants had this little advantage known to some as the BEST PASS RUSH IN THE NFL!!!!

We have explosiveness on Offense. Plus, we might be able to draft someone like Hardy or Manningham in rd 2, which would add to that explosivenss. No need to draft DMC when we have much greater needs all around. Especially if it means giving up a proven DE like Coleman.
The jets added a FB and 2 olinemen thats NOT explosiveness. did you watch them at ALL last year? The offense was beyond pathetic.

i'm not wrong. i'm right. long played 34 end in college and he CAN'T play there in the NFL. He's also too slow to play OLB. He's useless to the jets.

And DMC goes down faster then a Hilton sister as soon as a defender touches him, but he's going to the HOFer.

The jets added a FB and 2 olinemen thats NOT explosiveness. did you watch them at ALL last year? The offense was beyond pathetic.

yes, because the OL was complete trash. Not because we didnt have any explosiveness.

BTW, how many explosive players does the Giants offense have?

LOL, you just proved IJ correct.

The Giants had this little advantage known to some as the BEST PASS RUSH IN THE NFL!!!!

And they also had a LEGIT big time playmaker on offense who made ellis hobbs his bitch and won the friggin game. There is no justin tuck in this draft.

Yeah OK.. take another cb at 6??? thats makes alot of sense... LOL

I'm not sure if you know this, but there are between 2 and 4 CB's on the field at any one time. The highest amount of RB's on the field are 2...

Just letting you know, we are banking on an ACL injured CB, a seventh round CB, or a castoff CB to start next year. Might not be too far of a stretch to think we might be selecting one reasonably high this year.

How?

Burress has had better numbers, but hes also played for better teams. Coles's #s have been very impressive considering the lack of talent hes constantly been surrounded by.

i'm not wasting my time arguing burress vs coles. now i know how TX felt at times on this site...

This is just posturing by the Jets and smokescreens for other teams. In the last few drafts the Jets know the guy/guys they want and they make the moves to get them. There is still 4 weeks until the NFL draft and I guarantee you that we will be "involved" in trade talks with every team in the league for the picks (so says the NY media). If we want Gholston we will do what it takes to get him, same goes for McFadden, as far as Kenyon Coleman goes, I really dont care if he stays or goes, he has a pretty big salary to be mediocre at best and saying that he was our best lineman last year is like saying he is the smartest kid with down syndrome, the entire line was god awful. Also, this is pretty deep draft for Dline, so it is not out of the realm of probability that we may be targeting someone in the late second or early third that we may move up for. Either way there are 4 elite talents in this draft + matt ryan so that makes 5 players and we pick 6, that is the luck of a jet fan, so as usual instead of being assured a great impact player we are going to have to go get ours if the draft shakes out that way. However, I do think that we will have our pick of Gholston or DMC, because there is no way Parcells can justify to himself taking either with the first pick, he would love to trade down to six with the jets and get gholston (ala, what he did with James Farrior, when he traded the number one (Orlando Pace) to STL), the rams will go with either Long, even if they move Carriker back to end, if i remember correctly on a football team there are two ends, no matter what set you play, Atlanta, who knows, it wont be DMC because of the money they sank into Michael "burner" Turner and they are pretty solid at LB, Oak, has just invested 70 million in Hall, they will owe their other CB around 8-9 million for the franchise tender, they cannot afford to pay DMC and they just gave justin Fargas 4 million a year, they are going to have to take a position that does not have a huge salary number attached to it, i would be worried about someone trading up bc I think they are so cap strapped after Kelly, Hall, they dont want to pick that high. And KC is just stupid and will take Sedrick Ellis.

i'm not wasting my time arguing burress vs coles. now i know how TX felt at times on this site...

I'd take buress over coles anyday of the week and twice on sunday. back on topic, Please do not trade up for mcfadden. stay where you are and draft the bpa that fits your team. we will have our pick of gholston, dmc, long 1, or long 2. If all of those guys are gone I would be fine with drafting another cb. After revis we got jack. Miller has already shown he can't play cb.

This reminds me of two years ago when all the reports were saying that the Jets were trying to trade up from #4 to #1 because they were so in love with Leinart and had to have him...only to watch the Jets pass on him when he fell to them at #4 anyway. This is pre-draft BS.

Archived