Alex remained a Yankee because of the Mess?

Blackout

"I went for the contract when my true desire was to go play for the Mets," Rodriguez said with a sigh of his decision to ink his $252 million deal with Texas eight years ago.

As A-Rod described how he failed to take a stand when Boras was negotiating his record pact, he seemed haunted by the idea that in breaking free of the Yankees he could have made another decision based strictly on money and wound up as unhappy as he was in Texas for three years.

The three-time MVP says that at some point after his opt-out decision in October, he realized he could be headed for a similar scenario, with Boras dictating his next destination

"So to make the right decision just feels really good," Rodriguez said, "versus being taken down a road where I'm like, 'Oh, my God, where am I? Oh, $400 million to play in some place I hate? Great, I'll blow my --- head off.'

nice to see the human side of Alex.

Riiiiight. He wanted to be a Yankee because his daugher missed her toys. STFU. He wanted to go where the money was. The money was with the Yankees. End of story.

How about calling the names of the teams the right way

Mets

Frank, when your fellow Mets fans cut the "Spankees," "Yank-mes" and "Tankees" crap, most Yanks fans will respond in kind.

I say "most" because we have some stupid fans, too.

I understand that you are not one of the offenders.

Archived