without a WR upgrade we aren't winning spit

johnny green balls

yeah because the Jets have an all pro qb throwing the ball to them....

lot of medicore QB's can pile up sick numbers with talented WRs. kitna for one. he's stronger than penny but not as accurate or as smart and he certainly is no all-pro. if the lions had a decent O-line they would've been one of the more prolific offenses in the league last year. my point is this, WR and QB are weak points. short term i think we get more juice out of WR upgrade. QB obviously has to be addressed at some point but it's obvious it won't be this year. so go for the WR now.

Or we could just neg rep IJ and Lurker.

Seems to be the things all the kids are doing nowadays.:rl:

without a WR upgrade we...03-26-2008 12:00 AMjohnny green ballsat least 11, bitch. ;-)reputation_neg.gifHave You Been Neg...03-25-2008 11:58 PMThor99Only I can call Smizzy a jerkoff.reputation_neg.gifHave You Been Neg...03-25-2008 11:15 PMBartonneg rep, beyatch! and for no reason! mahahareputation_neg.gifHave You Been Neg...03-25-2008 10:17 PMSmizzylolreputation_neg.gifWho Lurker?03-25-2008 09:53 PMSmizzyI guess notreputation_neg.gifWho Lurker?03-25-2008 09:53 PMSmizzy**** logicreputation_neg.gifHave You Been Neg...03-25-2008 09:32 PMSmizzysucks right?reputation_neg.gifHave You Been Neg...03-25-2008 09:25 PMSmizzyWelcome to Neg rep

lot of medicore QB's can pile up sick numbers with talented WRs. kitna for one. he's stronger than penny but not as accurate or as smart and he certainly is no all-pro. if the lions had a decent O-line they would've been one of the more prolific offenses in the league last year. my point is this, WR and QB are weak points. short term i think we get more juice out of WR upgrade. QB obviously has to be addressed at some point but it's obvious it won't be this year. so go for the WR now.

I don't really think any of Eli's WRs are very good. I mean seriously, Burress?

Ben doesn't have killer WRs either.

The Chiefs back when they were the best offense in the league had scrub WRs.

The Chargers have Gates, but he's really only good for like 1000 yards a season, and if you're looking at strictly WRs he isn't really one. But they had a good offense too.

You don't need great WRs to have a great offense. It's not a terrible piece to add in when you have everything else covered, and certainly an upgrade would be nice, but you do not NEED it. We can win 12 games this year with what we have. The QB play will be the fulcrum of our season.

The Chargers have Gates, but he's really only good for like 1000 yards a season, and if you're looking at strictly WRs he isn't really one. But they had a good offense too.

You don't need great WRs to have a great offense. It's not a terrible piece to add in when you have everything else covered, and certainly an upgrade would be nice, but you do not NEED it. We can win 12 games this year with what we have. The QB play will be the fulcrum of our season.

How is Burress not good???

He was constantly playing at an all-pro level this season despite being injured all year. IMHO Burress is borderline elite and is a nightmare for any D to face. His attitude has changed a lot since he was in Pittsburgh.

Both Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates have been as good as some of the best WR's over the years. Again they're a nightmare for D's to defend. I can remember how relieved Patriot fans were when they found he was injured.

I actually agree that you don't need great WR's but they do help immensly. If you don't have them, you better make up for it with an incredibly strong group elsewhere.

How is Burress not good???

He was constantly playing at an all-pro level this season despite being injured all year. IMHO Burress is borderline elite and is a nightmare for any D to face. His attitude has changed a lot since he was in Pittsburgh.

Both Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates have been as good as some of the best WR's over the years. Again they're a nightmare for D's to defend. I can remember how relieved Patriot fans were when they found he was injured.

I actually agree that you don't need great WR's but they do help immensly. If you don't have them, you better make up for it with an incredibly strong group elsewhere.

POTW

we aren't upgrading QB this year therefore no excuse to not get a WR upgrade. what is it with jets fans thinking we don't deserve some elite offensive playmakers? the browns have several. the browns!!! this is new york dammit. when is the last time this team had a gamebreaker? *crickets*

i'm sick of the "good WRs are wasted on Chad" excuse. there is no excuse to not try to improve your team. we need WR and QB upgrades. in no particular order. if the opportunity is there for a great WR-- YOU TAKE IT.

I think our wideouts will be upgraded by the simple fact that their QB's are not going to be avalanched within the first 2 seconds of their drop. Pretty tough to run "10 yard crossing patterns" when you can't get 4 seconds to scan the field. Improved line and improved running game will equal improved WR and QB play.

Spot on..

POTW

A couple of months ago we desparately needed a NT, a LG, a RT, a pass rusher, a FB who can block. Those holes have been addressed and we haven't even drafted yet. You can't fix everything in one year. I think by the start of the 2009 season, the remaining holes/question marks (QB, WR, CB, ILB opposite Harris, o-line depth) will be filled/answered.

POTW

we aren't upgrading QB this year therefore no excuse to not get a WR upgrade. what is it with jets fans thinking we don't deserve some elite offensive playmakers? the browns have several. the browns!!! this is new york dammit. when is the last time this team had a gamebreaker? *crickets*

i'm sick of the "good WRs are wasted on Chad" excuse. there is no excuse to not try to improve your team. we need WR and QB upgrades. in no particular order. if the opportunity is there for a great WR-- YOU TAKE IT.

I 100% agree.

Without the deep threat, the safeties can play closer to the LOS, shutting off the underneath crossing routes and stuffing the running game. If the defense can keep 9 men in the box with no deep threat, there are just too many people to block in the run game.

Does anyone think it's an accident that Welker had the year he did with Moss drawing double and triple coverage deep? Yes, Brady is better. But not if no one is open.

My opinion is with the OL being addressed, the biggest need on offense is a quality deep threat. I'm sure many others disagree (and violently).

While I like the premise of getting a stud WR in this draft, I can't subscribe to your logic that it will greatly enhance our offense this season. WR's rarely have big seasons as a rookie.

draft? i want to TRADE for one.

I 100% agree.

Without the deep threat, the safeties can play closer to the LOS, shutting off the underneath crossing routes and stuffing the running game. If the defense can keep 9 men in the box with no deep threat, there are just too many people to block in the run game.

Does anyone think it's an accident that Welker had the year he did with Moss drawing double and triple coverage deep? Yes, Brady is better. But not if no one is open.

My opinion is with the OL being addressed, the biggest need on offense is a quality deep threat. I'm sure many others disagree (and violently).

i think many jets fans are beaten down by years of no superstars. there is an inferiority complex. i'm thinking who was our last superstar-- i guess curtis martin but he was never a gamebreaker. me-shawn before him, i suppose. he was never elite. i really can't think of the last elite player we had. klecko/gastineau??? and i can't think of any elite offensive playmakers in the past 20 years. that is effing sad.

Archived