New Era Scouting

rick34125

1st. DE-Vernon Gholston 2nd. CB-Brandon Flowers 3rd. Trade To Get Into 3rd RD 7 select either LB-Shawn Crable or LB-Cliff Avril 4th. ILB-Jonathan Goff 4th. WR-Eddie Royal 6th. DE-Kendall Langford 7th. QB-Kevin O'Connell.....other possibles WR-Donnie Avery, DE-Brian Johnston, S-Quentin Demps, CB-Antwaun Molden

This is why I'm against drafting McFadden with the first pick. The Jets will not have addressed a major position of need in the first round. Then you essentially have one other pick (#36) with which to pick a guy who projects as a starter, or at least a major contributor. Any immediate help a team gets from the fourth round and below is gravy and not to be counted upon.

So, even if you like CB Flowers (or Brown or King or whomever) then you still have not much helped weaker units at WR, LB and DL. Not to mention that the Jets will not have helped the offensive line depth or improved the pass rush.

Just my opinion.

Also, for the record, I'm not enamored of Gholston. If I am sitting at the Jets table and it hasnt gone well (ie, no acceptable trade offers for the pick and both Longs are gone) then I would take Derrick Harvey, Ryan Clady, Dorsey (if I thought he could play 3-4 DE) or a DB (but only if I loved the guys and felt he could seriously support the run defense). In the end I believe it would be Harvey.

Then having addressed LB (I think Pace will play plenty of ILB) and helped the pass rush, in the second round I would take the best player on the board who plays WR (Hardy?), CB (King, Flowers, Brown?), O-line (Cherilious, Nicks, Collins?) or D-line (Moore, Balmer, Sims?). My preference here would be the best of the Defensive linemen or the CB.

This is why I'm against drafting McFadden with the first pick. The Jets will not have addressed a major position of need in the first round. Then you essentially have one other pick (#36) with which to pick a guy who projects as a starter, or at least a major contributor. Any immediate help a team gets from the fourth round and below is gravy and not to be counted upon.

So, even if you like CB Flowers (or Brown or King or whomever) then you still have not much helped weaker units at WR, LB and DL. Not to mention that the Jets will not have helped the offensive line depth or improved the pass rush.

Just my opinion.

Also, for the record, I'm not enamored of Gholston. If I am sitting at the Jets table and it hasnt gone well (ie, no acceptable trade offers for the pick and both Longs are gone) then I would take Derrick Harvey, Ryan Clady, Dorsey (if I thought he could play 3-4 DE) or a DB (but only if I loved the guys and felt he could seriously support the run defense). In the end I believe it would be Harvey.

Then having addressed LB (I think Pace will play plenty of ILB) and helped the pass rush, in the second round I would take the best player on the board who plays WR (Hardy?), CB (King, Flowers, Brown?), O-line (Cherilious, Nicks, Collins?) or D-line (Moore, Balmer, Sims?). My preference here would be the best of the Defensive linemen or the CB.

Harvey at 6 is a reach. No way the Jets would pass on Mcfadden or Gholston if they are available. IMO the only position of real need this year that's left is CB which can be addressed in the 2nd round. WR and Line depth need to be upgraded, but I wouldn't use early draft rounds to address them.

Make the selections Goff, and Royal, or Burton with the 2 4th rounders. Make the Flowers pick Porter, I feel Porter is better. Then take a QB in round 6. That's my mock if we take Mcfadden.

Ohh yeah, we got John Clayton right here. We got to listen to him.

That is one of the worst mocks I have ever seen. Flowers is not the best CB at that point in the draft, and we sure as hell don't need to spend two picks on CBs! Especially when this mock has us taking a safety, and ****ty WR while completely ignoring needs at ILB and OLB.

1: Ellis (Best DL) or McFadden (Best RB)

2: Lofton (Best ILB)

We can get a gems in the 4th round to address the CB and WR positions.

Archived