~~~~The Official Doctor Who Thread~~~~

Kidhuman

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have just watched Came out of the Rain and the one with the missing kids. I would like to know how Jack finds the missing people and gets them to the island.

I think he said that the rift spits them back out in an attempt to correct the mistake it made in taking them in the first place.

If you don't mind me asking, what is Torchwood? Where does it come on?

**I ask because while I have no clue what you're talking about, it sounds pretty intense :P

spinoff of doctor starring Capt. Jack Harkness and a team of people who monitor a rift in time and space that runs through cardiff. Which leads to a lot of aliens and temporal distortions. It's also a much moe adult orientated show than Doctor who. With sexuality openly discussed, adult language and homosexual relationships.

Was Capt. Jack in a Dr. Who episode or two in season one or two, or has it been more recent? I seem to remember the name, but I could just be imagining it.

He was in the last 4/5 episodes of series 1 and the last 3 of series 3. He was the guy who saved rose during ww2 and ending up being the one responsible for the illness in the empty child. He's a great character with a great actor he deserved his own show. The thing with torchwood is that the writing and directing is inconsistent at time. However the last half of season 2 is the best the show has been so hopefully they can keep it up if they get picked up for a third season.

I've always wondered about this... What would you guys rate your top 5 and bottom 5 doctor who episodes from when it came back in 05.

Top 5 for me would be:

The Impossible planet

Satan's Pit

The Empty Child

The Doctor Dances

Blink

Bottom 5 would be:

The Idiot's Lantern

Daleks in Manhattan

Evolution of the Daleks.

Those are really the only 3 episodes I greatly dislike.

The anticlimatic climax of LOTTL makes the list too.

Top 5:

Army of Ghosts

Doomsday

Blink

The Empty Child

The Doctor Dances

Worst:

The Idiots Lantern

Human Nature

Family of Blood

I agree about Last of the Time Lords

Would have been a decent episode with better acting/directing. It just seemed like 80% of the actors for that episode just sucked.

I think having the kid lead the Family of Blood sucked. That kid was horrid. The little girl with the balloon was stupid also. Why the hell did she have the balloon the entire time? It was a good story, but the Family just sucked.

I haven't seen all the new episodes so it's not a fully informed opinion.

Top 5

Dalek-I thought the reintroduction of the Dalek was cool.

The empty child/the doctor dances-Really creepy villians and a feel good ending

Rise of the cybermen/the age of steel-Cybermen are really cool

The impossible planet/The satan pit-I like the devil is among us theme,slighty cheesy ending though.

Blink-possibly the best villians of the new series,Sally Sparrow was hot.

Bottom 4

Love & Monsters-So cheesy,also very disturbing at the end when the guy says he and his girlfriend(wh0 is a face on a slab of concrete) still have a sex life.

Fear her-Cheesy

Last of the time lords-I liked the master but it was so cheesy,plus I can't stand Martha and she played a big part in this episode.

Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks - So lame,from pig people to dalek/human people.Hopefully they give the daleks a rest this season.

Just saw Planet of the Ood. Twice in a row. It was an awesome episode. With a little weirdness towards the end that I thought was great. Nice to see the Ood again and nce to see the episode well done. I was afraid they were going to mess it up. But, they did a great job with it. This new season is off to a fantastic start. I actually like Donna better than I like Martha Jones. Which is a shock because I disliked Donna in the runaway bride special.

So I'm way behind here. Is there a new Dr. Who series? I used to watch the original on PBS way back in the day and loved it. Is the new one as good as the old one?

I like the new series, I think it is very well done. Except for a few of the episodes Davis writes.

• 3 weeks later...

I liked the Sontaran Strategem and Poison Sky, a nifty two parter. I like the fact that Martha and Donna are with him. The Doctors Daughter, a good twist. I wonder if she will tag along as well. It was also a nice placement of Rose in the Poison Sky

I liked the Sontaran Strategem and Poison Sky, a nifty two parter. I like the fact that Martha and Donna are with him. The Doctors Daughter, a good twist. I wonder if she will tag along as well. It was also a nice placement of Rose in the Poison Sky

I liked the poison sky, only because of the "are you my mommy" joke I liked other things about it, but that was awesome. A reference to one of my favorite episodes.

Archived