Draft-Tek

Greenseed3

I'm sure most of you are aware of http://www.drafttek.com/

It's a draft simulation site that uses player evaluation and team need to (and I stress this) LOOSELY determine which player will go where. They run all sorts of simulations but the main draft is conducted without trades. Check out this draft:

1. McFadden

2. Jared Mayo (But Curtis Lofton is still available; and I think he'd be our selection in this scenario)

4a) Josh Johnson (The athletic QB from San Diego)

4b) Quentin Demps (But Atyuba Rubin is still available; and I think he'd be our selection in that scenario)

6) Martin Rucker (TE from Mizzou)

7) Adarius Bowman

I know there's no way the draft shakes out this way, but I'd be okay ignoring the CB position for one year (dealing with what we have on roster) if we could come out with a draft like this. Even if we took the 4a pick and selected the next available CB in Trae Williams, Patrick Lee, or Dejaun Tribble we'd still be making out like bandits.

It's a draft simulation site that uses player evaluation and team need to (and I stress this) LOOSELY determine which player will go where. They run all sorts of simulations but the main draft is conducted without trades. Check out this draft:

1. McFadden

2. Jared Mayo (But Curtis Lofton is still available; and I think he'd be our selection in this scenario)

4b) Quentin Demps (But Atyuba Rubin is still available; and I think he'd be our selection in that scenario)

7) Adarius Bowman

I know there's no way the draft shakes out this way, but I'd be okay ignoring the CB position for one year (dealing with what we have on roster) if we could come out with a draft like this. Even if we took the 4a pick and selected the next available CB in Trae Williams, Patrick Lee, or Dejaun Tribble we'd still be making out like bandits.

No one carries 3 nose tackles. Doubt we'd take Rubin over Demps, but I doubt we go after a safety in round 4 either. I think Mangini's content with Elam/Smith. More likely we take a CB there over either of those 2, as there still should be a couple of good prospects there given how deep CB is this year.

1. McFadden

7) Adarius Bowman

Thanks for the info and site Greenseed. As a PS : I think Tribble might be in trouble (sorry I couldn't resist) after his very pedestrian 4.65 / 40 time at his BC pro day. That coming off a 4.58 at the combine.

No one carries 3 nose tackles. Doubt we'd take Rubin over Demps, but I doubt we go after a safety in round 4 either. I think Mangini's content with Elam/Smith. More likely we take a CB there over either of those 2, as there still should be a couple of good prospects there given how deep CB is this year.

I like Jenkins. Pouha, eh.... might be a decent rotational guy. Given this year's strength at the DT position I would not be suprised if we drafted Kris' eventual successor. While that might not be "Tuba" I wouldn't be suprised to see a DT/DE prospect get picked up.

Maybe a Bryant/Moore/Okam type.

Apparently, Josh Johnson has a very weak arm. I'd stay away from him.

Here's the NFL countdown draft report on JJ:

Strengths:

Good height with the frame to get bigger...Excellent athleticism and speed...Very accurate with good touch and timing...Arm strength is adequate...Solid throwing mechanics with a quick release...Can buy time in the pocket and is a threat to run when necessary...Smart with a good football IQ....Was extraordinarily productive and dominant at his level...Confident...Tough...A good leader with top intangibles.

Weaknesses:

Did not play against top competition and will be making a big leap...Needs to bulk up...Tends to gun everything and he has to learn to take something off of certain throws..Needs some coaching when it comes to footwork and fundamentals...May take a while to digest a NFL playbook and adjust to those complex pro defenses

Sounds like the perfect project QB to me. What are you expecting in the 4th round, really?

Archived