How would you like to be Aaron Rodgers

crackbackblock

You wait patiently for 3-4 years. Favre finally retires. Your chance is finally here. The team has been talking you up for years. The guy you are going to replace has been talking you up for years. Then you see the Packers draft Brian Brohm. Unless you are completely unflappable you have to be questioning yourself.

B-I-N-G-O

Well if you look at it from that perspective then yes it would be nice.

But I wasn't referring to money. This guy has been patient. Didn't complain. When he was tapped on the shoulder went out there and performed quite well. Then your team drafts a guy who is pretty much ready to step into the role. You have to be thinking you days are numbered.

Well if you look at it from that perspective then yes it would be nice.

But I wasn't referring to money. This guy has been patient. Didn't complain. When he was tapped on the shoulder went out there and performed quite well. Then your team drafts a guy who is pretty much ready to step into the role. You have to be thinking you days are numbered.

Did you expect them to go into the season with the only other QB on their roster being Dalton Bell? Who? Exactly! Rodgers is their starter right now. Brohm may push him but Rodgers will be starting this year. They also got Matt Flynn later on. They had no one on their roster at QB behind Rodgers so they had to take a QB. It's Rodgers' job to lose.

Well, two things.

First, patiently waiting as a backup doesn't earn you a starting spot -- playing well does. If Rodgers thought that Farve's retirement meant he was an automatic starting QB w/o any training camp competition -- then he is a fool.

Second, assuming Farve's retirement means a promotion of Roger's to starter, that leaves a hole in the role of back up QB that needs to be filled. Farve's durability is well known. Is Roger's just as durability? We don't know, all the more reason for a quality back up.

Well, two things.

First, patiently waiting as a backup doesn't earn you a starting spot -- playing well does. If Rodgers thought that Farve's retirement meant he was an automatic starting QB w/o any training camp competition -- then he is a fool.

Second, assuming Farve's retirement means a promotion of Roger's to starter, that leaves a hole in the role of back up QB that needs to be filled. Farve's durability is well known. Is Roger's just as durability? We don't know, all the more reason for a quality back up.

First he did perform pretty well in the limited amount of time he played over the years.

Second. Every other team in the league would have gone after a veteran QB to be the back up for a player like Rodgers. A Kelly Holcomb or a Trent Dilfer type.

Rodgers will have every chance to beat Brohm out. Brohm's arm is a REALLY bad fit for green bay...

I agree Rodgers will have the opportunity. I think Brohm's arm is just fine for the Packers offense. Part of me wouldn't mind seeing Rodgers in a Jets uniform. His contract has to be just about up by now.

Not really. The guy has probably worked incredibly hard to get to where he is. He deserves more than this IMO.

Would I love to be him right now??? Yes.

Would I have loved to put in all that effort and then not even full blown get a chance to prove yourself??? No

Agree. In this day and age of professional sports where guys bitch after mere games about: not starting or not getting the ball or not being paid enough. Here is a guy who fields the "how does it feel to still be behind Favre" questions from the press. He deals with this situation in a very mature, reasoned way. Now the roadblock is out of the way. Then the Pack drafts Brohm. Another roadblock. Maybe this is to test his competition level. See if he battles.

Archived