Roger is a dirtbag, but...

GM

His affairs happened as a Red Sox.

OK, what I really want to point out is these classic scum bags:

Wade Boggs

Boston's five-time batting champ became the face of extramarital canoodling when it was revealed in 1988 that he'd been singing "Why Don't We Do It On The Road" with mistress Margo Adams for four years. When Boggs cut ties, Adams sued him for $12 million worth of emotional distress, and dished sauce to Penthouse. With fans chanting "Mar-go!", Boggs came clean by going on 20/20 to tell Barbara Walters what a mean old conniving blackmailer Adams was.

Paul LoDuca

During Lo Duca's two seasons with the New York Mets, clouds gathered in a hurry over the married (to a Playboy model), four-time All-Star. Local tabloids were stuffed with tawdry tales of him playing slap and tickle on the side with a pair of 19-year olds, and that the Mets were concerned about his fondness for a wager.

Douchebags don't become upstanding citizens just because they put on a different uniform. This has nothing to do with a team or teams and has everything to do with the individual.

You've got two guys (Clemens and Boggs) who both played with the Yanks. I can assure you, they were a**holes before they played for the Yanks, they were a**holes while they played for the Yanks, and they were a**holes well after they left the Yanks.

Douchebags don't become upstanding citizens just because they put on a different uniform. This has nothing to do with a team or teams and has everything to do with the individual.

You've got two guys (Clemens and Boggs) who both played with the Yanks. I can assure you, they were a**holes before they played for the Yanks, they were a**holes while they played for the Yanks, and they were a**holes well after they left the Yanks.

No that is not true. As Yankees they had to be clean shaven and cut their hair (wasn't a problem for Wade at the time).

Clean shaven, neatly trimmed people can do no wrong. George wouldn't have had it any other way.

:)

Wade Boggs

Boston's five-time batting champ became the face of extramarital canoodling when it was revealed in 1988 that he'd been singing "Why Don't We Do It On The Road" with mistress Margo Adams for four years. When Boggs cut ties, Adams sued him for $12 million worth of emotional distress, and dished sauce to Penthouse. With fans chanting "Mar-go!", Boggs came clean by going on 20/20 to tell Barbara Walters what a mean old conniving blackmailer Adams was.

Paul LoDuca

During Lo Duca's two seasons with the New York Mets, clouds gathered in a hurry over the married (to a Playboy model), four-time All-Star. Local tabloids were stuffed with tawdry tales of him playing slap and tickle on the side with a pair of 19-year olds, and that the Mets were concerned about his fondness for a wager.

If you believe that his affairs only happened as a member of the Red Sox organization, I have a Japanese pitcher named Igawa I would like you to sign.

Clemens is a bad husband because of his affairs outside of his marriage, he is a rotten person and liar because of his denials in front of Congress and his obvious character flaws of thinking he is above the law.

To try and pawn off Clemens in comparison to guys that "only" cheated on their spouses is giving the term "philanderer" a bad name.

No that is not true. As Yankees they had to be clean shaven and cut their hair (wasn't a problem for Wade at the time).

Clean shaven, neatly trimmed people can do no wrong. George wouldn't have had it any other way.

Not to mention, Yanks have to get rid of their sideburns. Just ask Mattingly about that.

In the spirit of this thread, it should be pointed out also, that Charles Manson DID NOT murder anyone as member of the Yankees organization.

But Cleon jones DID get caught with someone other than his wife in a van as a member of the Mets.

Also, David Cone allegedly exposed his penis in the bullpen, before a game in Philly, in which he struck out 19 batters. As, a member (no pun intended) of the Mets.

Damn!

Wade Boggs

Paul LoDuca

This is rather pointless. LoDuca and Boggs have nothing to do with Clemens. I don't think you can categorize an athlete/person as a scumbag for being unfaithful. Most athletes probably do cheat on their wives because they're on the road so much, and I am sure women throw themselves at athletes. As SD stated, you can probably label them as bad husbands/fathers. Regardless of what you call them, Clemens is an A-hole because of the way he is behaving, from blaming everyone else to throwing his wife under the bus, etc etc. He is basically behaving like a moron who thinks nothing can touch him, and he's going to have to live with the consequences.

:lol:

Of course not.

Wade Boggs

Paul LoDuca

Just curious as to exactly what the point is you're trying to make ?

Archived