Pennington And Clemens Interviews: 05/15/08

Maxman

Hmm courtesy of the Jets PR department huh? It also seems as if Kellen is sorta pulling for Chad himself...weird.

I didnt get that impression.

I think Mangini lined both of them up and told them to somehow reiterate how much they embrace the compettition and respect each other in every answer, regardless of the question.

lol, I wonder sometimes why they even bother interviewing sports players in the first place. Sure if you get lucky you can interview a wacko like T.O. where you never know what he's going to say, but I'd say about 99% of athlete responses are the same canned nonsense over and over again.

"This is about what's best for the team.." (Position controversy)

"You can't worry about that, you just have to go out there and give your all" (Position controversy)

"X is a great guy, a quality player, etc." (Position Controversy)

"We missed some opportunities" (Loss)

"We took advantage of opportunities" (Win)

And so on.

lol, I wonder sometimes why they even bother interviewing sports players in the first place. Sure if you get lucky you can interview a wacko like T.O. where you never know what he's going to say, but I'd say about 99% of athlete responses are the same canned nonsense over and over again.

"This is about what's best for the team.." (Position controversy)

"You can't worry about that, you just have to go out there and give your all" (Position controversy)

"X is a great guy, a quality player, etc." (Position Controversy)

"We missed some opportunities" (Loss)

"We took advantage of opportunities" (Win)

And so on.

More and more players are becoming bad interviews. Bad in that they say all the right things. It is an art form. Derek Jeter is the best at it imo. He talks and talks but never really says anything.

So how exactly did excited turn into displeased like was quoted in the other thread exactly???

That's media garbage. He never said he doesn't want to be here. That's just someone with not much to write about stirring up some bs.

Archived