Did The Orioles

Maxman

5 errors already for Captain Clutch.

Where's he gonna find room for this gold glove?

I think of Hall Of Fame induction day the topic of conversation will be his 4,300 career hits. His gold gloves are nice but will be considered secondary I am sure.

I think of Hall Of Fame induction day the topic of conversation will be his 4,300 career hits. His gold gloves are nice but will be considered secondary I am sure.

4,300 hits? Are you serial?

I really don't see him averaging 200 hits a year until he's 43, which is what he'd need to do to reach that plateau.

This is getting flat out ridiculous

This is what they are they are though and we have seen it now 3 out of the last 4 years.

They get off to a miserable start, turn it on to get to the postseason and then when they have to face some real starting pitching they go into the tank again.

Maybe it is payback for ostracizing A-Rod his first couple of years here. Now they don't hit in big spots as well.

Maybe Girardi is the next Johnny Keane who led the Cardinals to a World Championship in 64 and then left to manage the Yankees in 65 and proceeded to watch to lead them to the abyss.

For all the fire, p!ss and vinegar and small ball ways that Girardi was going to bring this team they sure look are playing alot like Joe Torre's 05-07 Yankees.

This is getting flat out ridiculous

This is what they are they are though and we have seen it now 3 out of the last 4 years.

They get off to a miserable start, turn it on to get to the postseason and then when they have to face some real starting pitching they go into the tank again.

Maybe it is payback for ostracizing A-Rod his first couple of years here. Now they don't hit in big spots as well.

Maybe Girardi is the next Johnny Keane who led the Cardinals to a World Championship in 64 and then left to manage the Yankees in 65 and proceeded to watch to lead them to the abyss.

For all the fire, p!ss and vinegar and small ball ways that Girardi was going to bring this team they sure look are playing alot like Joe Torre's 05-07 Yankees.

Small ball requires good starting pitching all around, something the Yankees have been without this year.

4,300 hits? Are you serial?

I really don't see him averaging 200 hits a year until he's 43, which is what he'd need to do to reach that plateau.

He averages 195 hits per year. It is what he does.

He should get 3,000 when he is still 36 I believe (I looked at it quick). What he can do beyond that is not guaranteed but he has the most realistic shot at the record as anyone.

The game has changed though. He makes so much money maybe he won't hang around long enough for it. Still pretty amazing to have the Hall Of Fame locked up (3,000 hits) when you are 36. Not bad.

***Assuming he continues to stay relatively injury free.

Archived