Just fire Willie's sorry ass

SouthernJet

The Mets are straight out awful, and Willy is never going to be the solution. The talent's probably overrated, but there's no way they are this bad. Willy's gotta go, and should never have been hired in the first place.

One year ago today the Mets were 36-24, with a 3.5 game lead in the NL East standing. Right now, they are 30-32 and 7.5 games behind.

In that 12 month span, they are 82-82.

OK, those are the facts. Now what to do about it?

FIRE WILLIE'S ASS. Haven't you been paying attention? :biggrin:

It's Minaya's team

He should get the ax

correct, i would can Minaya too

How bout Mattingly as Manager

How bout trading Santana to Janks for the pile of prospects they

should have offered to twins

I have a officially buried the Mess....Funeral at 4pm today..It will be like

an Irish wake!!! BYOB

I haven't given up on the season just yet. Something has to be done and getting rid of the GM in the middle of the season really does nothing. If you want to get rid of Minaya during the off season that's more feasible. Willie, a mediocre to bad manager, getting rid of him would have more of a direct impact on the sloppyass players. I am not saying its all of Willie's fault, but he has to take some of the hit.

I haven't given up on the season just yet. Something has to be done and getting rid of the GM in the middle of the season really does nothing. If you want to get rid of Minaya during the off season that's more feasible. Willie, a mediocre to bad manager, getting rid of him would have more of a direct impact on the sloppyass players. I am not saying its all of Willie's fault, but he has to take some of the hit.

Minaya says "the guys are giving 100%".

Maybe they are, and they just can't get it done any more. If thats the case, then get some different players.

Yep, it's Minaya more than Willie.

I agree. The 'pen was not very good last year, and he did not improve it. He also counted too heavily on Pedro returning, and Perez being as good as last year. Also, some key guys got hurt/old, and are not helping. Church, Alou and Delgado come to mind. Add in that Reyes and Beltran are not what they were expected to be, and the composition of the team is bad.

Do not stop with Willie and Minaya

also fire the following mess

Joe Smith

Billy choke wagner

Delgado

Alou

Heilman

pedro

Any other stiffs to cut bait with?

Season is ovah, time to get young again.

Seriously get what you can for Santana!!!

I don't think Minaya or Willie should go---

They built a team that did ok for 2.5 years, and the shelf life expired on some of the key guys. So there it is. There is no reason why this team can't retool and be a contender next year.

you're right.

We need to contend next year.

We have to fill the following positions:

1B

LF

SP

SP

RP-righty

RP-Lefty

CL

Bench

Bench