iPod and iPhone???? help!!!!!

gg

my hubbie is a mac addict.. and is thinking of taking the plunge and getting an iphone.

He also has one of the 1st generation of iPods and it is FULL. (10G)

how much music does the iPhone hold?

i was thinking of getting him an iPod classic for fathers day.

any advice would be grand! (even from joebaby.. this is one thing he might know more then me :P )

thanks!

:D

my hubbie is a mac addict.. and is thinking of taking the plunge and getting an iphone.

He also has one of the 1st generation of iPods and it is FULL. (10G)

how much music does the iPhone hold?

i was thinking of getting him an iPod classic for fathers day.

any advice would be grand! (even from joebaby.. this is one thing he might know more then me :P )

thanks!

:D

Current iPhones hold 8 or 16GB, I am not too sure if the new ones will be different. I would wait for the new phones to come out before you buy one.

I would either get him an iPod Touch (32GB) or an iPhone (16GB).

One would replace the iPod the other would replace iPod and cell phone (and a few other devices).

The 16GB iPhone 3G for $299 on July 11th is a little hard to pass up.

BZ

One would replace the iPod the other would replace iPod and cell phone (and a few other devices).

BZ

thanks bz...

if he gets the iphone.. and he already has 10gb ipod full to the brim with tons more he could put on it, wouldnt he be better off with the ipod with 160gb .. and then get the iphone ? isnt the iphone and the ipod touch kinda the same with all the coolness ( obviously not the same features with music vs phone)

The iPhone and iPod Touch are the same except the Touch goes up to 32GB and doesn't have a phone (SMS, Phone, etc).

If he is a Mac guy.. he wants an iPhone. It is the best device I have EVER owned and I have owned them all.

BZ

The iPhone and iPod Touch are the same except the Touch goes up to 32GB and doesn't have a phone (SMS, Phone, etc).

If he is a Mac guy.. he wants an iPhone. It is the best device I have EVER owned and I have owned them all.

BZ

Correct, also Apple is making Touch users pay for updates, also I think (not sure) the iPhone has the better display too.

BZ

he is a mega apple guy.. he had an apple IIE back in the day.

i really think he is ready for an iphone (but he is getting that himself) ... but i am thinking the ipod classic might be better for us to get him for dad's day. especially sine he has unlimited music.., he also uses his ipod in the car a lot.

BZ

I hope you've noticed Apple has changed the pricing plans to more than make up for the lower costs of the iPhone 3G. The prices, if anything, are more expensive than the EDGE iPhone, because the difference is 10$ a month, within ten months you're paying more money. Apple is just totally fluffing up the whole thing, while the end users get screwed, without even knowing it. It's not any cheaper. Over two years, the iPhone 3G is 160$ more than the original.

Q: But what's this I hear about the plans being more expensive?

A: It's true that Apple and AT&T are changing the structure and pricing for the iPhone 3G plans. Unlike with the previous handset, you will have to select separate voice and data plans (they won't be combined). Voice plans, which are the same for all AT&T handsets, range from $39.99 to $79.99 per month, depending on the available minutes. Unlimited data plans will be $30 for consumers and $45 business users.

As a result, the cheapest monthly cost for an iPhone user will be $69.99 for unlimited data, plus 450 anytime minutes and 5,000 nights and weekends. That's $10 more than what current iPhone users' pay for comparable services.

iphone3gpricecomp2.png

I like carrying as few gadgets as possible. When I purchased my Iphone, I eliminated the need for carrying an Ipod, and somethimes even my laptop. That makes a big difference for me. I have about 1500 songs on my Iphone and I am not even close to maxing out my 8gb. the new 16GB will be even better.

thanks bz...

if he gets the iphone.. and he already has 10gb ipod full to the brim with tons more he could put on it, wouldnt he be better off with the ipod with 160gb .. and then get the iphone ? isnt the iphone and the ipod touch kinda the same with all the coolness ( obviously not the same features with music vs phone)

If he has a giant library then the best bet would be one of each device. The new iphone 3g which comes out in july will be in sizes up to 16gigs. That is plenty of size for most people, but than again there are people with giant music/video/podcast libraries that want much more. If your husband wants his full collection with him in his pocket, that means an ipod classic. I used to have a shuffle, which is the very small ipod, as well as the bigger full sized ipod. If I went to the gym I knew I only needed a few albums so I took the small shuffle which was more convienent to carry. In the car or when travelling I wanted the larger collection so I took the classic.

I assume right now your husband carries both a cell phone and an ipod. So if he gets an iphone(as any mac junkie wants), that replaces his current cell phone. In addition to replacing his cellphone it allows him to carry an abreviated(but still large) collection of his music which may be fine for most occasions. IF he than upgrades his ipod he can have one large enough to hold his whole collection, and in the end he is still carrying the 2 devices he always has. The only difference is he know can carry more music and enjoy the features of the iphone and also have the option of going out with just the iphone and his abbreviated collection of music.

So wait after 2 FULL YEARS this iPhone will cost just $165 more! Ohhh nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I get 3 x speed, better reception, better audio and built in GPS and they have the GAUL to ask for $165 more?

I am shocked.

I am outraged.

BZ

I hope you've noticed Apple has changed the pricing plans to more than make up for the lower costs of the iPhone 3G. The prices, if anything, are more expensive than the EDGE iPhone, because the difference is 10$ a month, within ten months you're paying more money. Apple is just totally fluffing up the whole thing, while the end users get screwed, without even knowing it. It's not any cheaper. Over two years, the iPhone 3G is 160$ more than the original.

Q: But what's this I hear about the plans being more expensive?

A: It's true that Apple and AT&T are changing the structure and pricing for the iPhone 3G plans. Unlike with the previous handset, you will have to select separate voice and data plans (they won't be combined). Voice plans, which are the same for all AT&T handsets, range from $39.99 to $79.99 per month, depending on the available minutes. Unlimited data plans will be $30 for consumers and $45 business users.

As a result, the cheapest monthly cost for an iPhone user will be $69.99 for unlimited data, plus 450 anytime minutes and 5,000 nights and weekends. That's $10 more than what current iPhone users' pay for comparable services.

iphone3gpricecomp2.png

yeah big deal. You do remember that when AOL had dial up service it was about 18 bucks a month, and when they went to broadband they bumped it up like double. The iphone is really the same thing, going from edge to 3g. For the amount of internet use I use this for already I have no issue paying a little more. Besides, notice how all the other 3g phones cost more too for data? And I challenge anyone to use the terrible browsers in those crap-cases as much as iphone users use theirs.

So wait after 2 FULL YEARS this iPhone will cost just $165 more! Ohhh nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I get 3 x speed, better reception, better audio and built in GPS and they have the GAUL to ask for $165 more?

I am shocked.

I am outraged.

BZ

lol, that guy and boozer clearly hang out at the same school of misinformation, haha

I like carrying as few gadgets as possible. When I purchased my Iphone, I eliminated the need for carrying an Ipod, and somethimes even my laptop. That makes a big difference for me. I have about 1500 songs on my Iphone and I am not even close to maxing out my 8gb. the new 16GB will be even better.

me too, thats why i don't buy any of that crap :)

Damn, you guys are ****in defensive. I spread misinformation? I was simply responding to BZ saying the 300$ iphone 3G is too good to pass up. Although it seems cheaper than the EDGE model, it isn't. I wasn't sure if he knew they had bumped up the pricing plan, while removing text messaging. I suppose I'm not allowed to say anything on the tech forum if it isn't pro-Apple? Misinformation is ironic, seeing as I was only showing the proper information. Why the hell would I show a chart that shows other 3G smartphones having more expensive pricing plans if I was trying to create an argument against Apple? Just to show you guys how pathetic you look, BZ is spreading misinformation by claiming that the iPhone 3G is 3x faster, when in truth it is at most 2.4x faster. Even apple.com says it's twice the speed, saying anything more is ridiculous.

I have nothing against Apple and will continue to enjoy my iPod. I don't have an iPhone, although if I could get one I'd take it, but I still find it to have some pretty cool features that would be awesome. Seriously, get a grip.

Damn, you guys are ****in defensive. I spread misinformation? I was simply responding to BZ saying the 300$ iphone 3G is too good to pass up. Although it seems cheaper than the EDGE model, it isn't. I wasn't sure if he knew they had bumped up the pricing plan, while removing text messaging. I suppose I'm not allowed to say anything on the tech forum if it isn't pro-Apple? Misinformation is ironic, seeing as I was only showing the proper information. Why the hell would I show a chart that shows other 3G smartphones having more expensive pricing plans if I was trying to create an argument against Apple? Just to show you guys how pathetic you look, BZ is spreading misinformation by claiming that the iPhone 3G is 3x faster, when in truth it is at most 2.4x faster. Even apple.com says it's twice the speed, saying anything more is ridiculous.

I have nothing against Apple and will continue to enjoy my iPod. I don't have an iPhone, although if I could get one I'd take it, but I still find it to have some pretty cool features that would be awesome. Seriously, get a grip.

Sorry, you are right. 2.4x faster not 3x faster. You got me. You nailed it. I am completely wrong. My bad. That was a terrible misleading lie. Horrible. I take it back.

I am never to be trusted and the last 3 years of over 5,000 posts now must all be questioned.

BZ

(get a grip)

Sorry, you are right. 2.4x faster not 3x faster. You got me. You nailed it. I am completely wrong. My bad. That was a terrible misleading lie. Horrible. I take it back.

I am never to be trusted and the last 3 years of over 5,000 posts now must all be questioned.

BZ

(get a grip)

If I remember correctly, you attacked someone because they posted a price comparison of a PC and a Mac, with the PC being half the price, because the Intel in the Mac was clocked at .6GHz higher than the PC. I fail to see the difference between you attacking him for not emphasizing the fact that it's .6GHz and me attacking you for emphasizing the fact that you are .6 off. Apple is advertising the iphone 3G at twice the speed, while you're here saying it's 3X the speed. I am just pointing out the irony in Joe's response saying that me and Boozer go to the same school of misinformation. I am still waiting to see where I spread misinformation, while I have already pointed out yours TWICE today, alone.

BZ

no disagreement there.

If I remember correctly, you attacked someone because they posted a price comparison of a PC and a Mac, with the PC being half the price, because the Intel in the Mac was clocked at .6GHz higher than the PC. I fail to see the difference between you attacking him for not emphasizing the fact that it's .6GHz and me attacking you for emphasizing the fact that you are .6 off. Apple is advertising the iphone 3G at twice the speed, while you're here saying it's 3X the speed. I am just pointing out the irony in Joe's response saying that me and Boozer go to the same school of misinformation. I am still waiting to see where I spread misinformation, while I have already pointed out yours TWICE today, alone.

You remember wrong.

From Boozer on the other thread.. first mention of a PC..

Mac computers on the other hand, I have never owned one but used frieds of mine plenty of times to know they are not nearly worth2-3 times the cost of a PC with more memory and ram.

A friendly thread about the iPhone 3G that some people just couldn't resist.

BZ

You remember wrong.

From Boozer on the other thread.. first mention of a PC..

A friendly thread about the iPhone 3G that some people just couldn't resist.

BZ

I remember right. What the **** are you talking about? You egged him on, by the way. Not to mention the fact that saying someone has to own a product before liking/disliking it is totally wrong. But that should stay in the other thread, I guess. Boozer might have started that argument, but it doesn't discredit the fact that you argued him over the worth of a .67 GHz clock bump.

Nah, how about today's guide. Here's Best Buy:

Mac-$2799.99

Link

Intel core 2 pduo processor-2.5Ghz

2G DDR2 Ram

250G Hard Drive

17" screen

DVD-R

2 firewire ports

3 USB 2.0

Built In Webcam

PC-$999.99

link

Intel Core 2 Duo processor-1.83Ghz

4G DDR2 Ram

250G Hard Drive

17" screen

1 firewire port

4 USB 2.0 ports

DVD-R

So, basically for $1700 more you get .67 Ghz more processor speed, 2G less ram, 1 more firewire port, and a webcam. Puhhhlleazzzze.........

Man... you missed a lot of stuff.

- A pound heavier

- .67 Ghz slower (that is not a small amount)

- Slower system bus

- 4MB less cache memory

- Cheap DVD drive (no speeds indicated)

- Worse (slower) video RAM

- No 802.11n

- Worse battery

- Less video resolution

Oh and it is an HP.

Also, yes Apple usually charges more the the top of the line, but how about throwing up a MacBook comparison?

BZ

I have the itouch and it is really one of the greatest devices I have ever seen. But I lost the usb cable. I blame apple. Not sure why, but this is their fault.

I have had Microsoft devices for years and never lost any cables.

I have the itouch and it is really one of the greatest devices I have ever seen. But I lost the usb cable. I blame apple. Not sure why, but this is their fault.

I have had Microsoft devices for years and never lost any cables.

:rl:

Archived